PDA

View Full Version : Who's up for starting an Online petition against the hiring of Chan Gailey as H.C.???

Northern Stampede
01-18-2010, 09:12 PM
I wouldn't know how to get this thing off the ground guys.. But if anybody else would have any ideas, I think we should put something together. I am soo not for Gailey coming to Buffalo...

T-Long
01-18-2010, 09:13 PM
oh God here we go....seriously man just accept the fact that he will be the new coach and get over it. There is nothing that is going to change anyone's mind at OBD. If you want to make a statement, donn't buy tickets or merchandise.

Northern Stampede
01-18-2010, 09:18 PM
Kills me. Man, I have been following this team since I was a little kid, through the 80's til now. And I feel like this is the lowest point ever for this franchise.. If you guys are happy with watching mediocrity over and over again. Have at it. You know, I will ALWAYS be a Bills fan thru and thru. But right now, this is making it really hard... And disheartening...

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-18-2010, 09:18 PM
oh God here we go....seriously man just accept the fact that he will be the new coach and get over it. There is nothing that is going to change anyone's mind at OBD. If you want to make a statement, donn't buy tickets or merchandise.

Agree, I stopped after the William's era. Looks like there may be a lot of blacked out home games this year. I will have to listen to the game (if you wanna call it that) on the radio.

Raptor
01-18-2010, 09:19 PM
Its over guy, he's the next HC

There is really only one true way you can cast your vote against this move and thats with you wallet

realdealryan
I wouldn't know how to get this thing off the ground guys.. But if anybody else would have any ideas, I think we should put something together. I am soo not for Gailey coming to Buffalo...

billboard > petition, and that failed

Demon
It's too late. Accept it and support the man. I am not saying go buy tickets and go to games, if you don't want to, more power to you, i know a few of my friends who will not renew season tickets due to this. I probably will, gotta see the coaching staffs. But, the man deserves our support. We hired him. He's our new head football coach. Give him some respect.

Oaf
01-18-2010, 09:23 PM
We might be the only two, but I am up for it man. I am not rubbed right at ALL about this development- my gut says we could really regret it. We could post it over different boards to get the most people behind it.

I'd rather do something than nothing, even if it doesn't affect the outcome, I just can't stand for this. PM if you're really interested.

DrGraves
01-18-2010, 09:24 PM
Ralph Wilson lied to the good people of Buffalo and Bills fans worldwide. We shouldn't put up with his bull**** anymore.

Oaf
01-18-2010, 09:31 PM
It's too late. Accept it and support the man. I am not saying go buy tickets and go to games, if you don't want to, more power to you, i know a few of my friends who will not renew season tickets due to this. I probably will, gotta see the coaching staffs. But, the man deserves our support. We hired him. He's our new head football coach. Give him some respect.
I respect your posts. I respect Gailey as a person (even though I don't know him).

I sure as hell don't have to respect him as a HC after some collective idiots were forced to go with their plan D option. WE did not hire him- accepting and supporting any guy signed as HC is something we don't have to be reduced to.

BillsNick
01-18-2010, 09:32 PM
Why is everyone so against this guy. He's had some success over the years. He's not my first choice, but it could be much worse.

hammerbillsfan
01-18-2010, 09:37 PM
Why is everyone so against this guy. He's had some success over the years. He's not my first choice, but it could be much worse.

good to see ya around bro! :beers:

how have you been doing?

BillsWin
01-18-2010, 09:38 PM
It could be worse. I don't like the hiring. But I don't hate it. I'll wait to see what happens coordinator wise before I do anything like sign a petition.

BillsNick
01-18-2010, 09:40 PM
good to see ya around bro! :beers:

how have you been doing?

What's up dude? Things been going pretty well. How bout you?

hammerbillsfan
01-18-2010, 09:41 PM
What's up dude? Things been going pretty well. How bout you?

Things are great! :up:
Glad stuff is going well for you, hope to see you around here a little more. :D

kelly2reed4six
01-18-2010, 09:45 PM
It could be worse. I don't like the hiring. But I don't hate it. I'll wait to see what happens coordinator wise before I do anything like sign a petition.

Agreed...it is obvious at this point that we fans mean nothing to ralph...so we just have to pray that his goal to run this franchise completely into the ground backfires and this coach works out for us.

tampabay25690
01-18-2010, 10:19 PM
WELL...........
I guess you need to get over it and root for the guy like the rest of us.
Lets give him a chance.
Im sure theres a job out there you want and you just need that chance.....

Just hate the NEGATIVITY.............

Billz_fan
01-18-2010, 10:26 PM
I respect everyones opinion. However im about as low as can be right now. I don't like this at all. Im sick and I want to cry. Believe me you don't want to see a 50 year old man cry :laughter:

I have no idea what Im going to do yet.

Raptor
01-18-2010, 11:32 PM

Its real simple, this coaching search started out with names like Gruden, Shanny, and Cowher being tossed around in the media with statements of big changes and what not.

The Bills alleged marketing genius let these rumors run rampant likely thinking now that the old man was finally willing to pony up that they could land one. This then led to high expectations on a coach with a ring.

This in tern got a very excitable and irritated fan base excited that they were finally going to get a legit coach to get us out of this decade long slump

What they didnt forecast however was that all of these high profile guys wanted nothing to do with the job and then they started getting turned down by guys who had never even coached before.

This led to a harsh reality for Bills Fans and then out of no where the Bills hire a candidate that no one had even said or thought was even a possibility which in turn has led to the boil over you see now

This will likely lead to a pretty interesting PC tomorrow because I imagine the media is going to be far FAR more interested in the candidates that didnt get hired or didnt want to be here than the guy who actually got hired

Mudflap1
01-18-2010, 11:50 PM

Exactly. The Bills don't listen to the fans. Period. The only way they'll get the message is if the fans collectively decide this franchise is not worth spending money on any longer.

Mudflap1
01-18-2010, 11:52 PM
Its real simple, this coaching search started out with names like Gruden, Shanny, and Cowher being tossed around in the media with statements of big changes and what not.

The Bills alleged marketing genius let these rumors run rampant likely thinking now that the old man was finally willing to pony up that they could land one. This then led to high expectations on a coach with a ring.

This in tern got a very excitable and irritated fan base excited that they were finally going to get a legit coach to get us out of this decade long slump

What they didnt forecast however was that all of these high profile guys wanted nothing to do with the job and then they started getting turned down by guys who had never even coached before.

This led to a harsh reality for Bills Fans and then out of no where the Bills hire a candidate that no one had even said or thought was even a possibility which in turn has led to the boil over you see now

This will likely lead to a pretty interesting PC tomorrow because I imagine the media is going to be far FAR more interested in the candidates that didnt get hired or didnt want to be here than the guy who actually got hired

Excellent summary. I'd like to add that a candidate is being hired that not only was not thought of as a possibility, but was a candidate that NO ONE ELSE WANTED, and appears to be the only person that was even interested in the Bills.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-19-2010, 12:04 AM
lets see,

he has been a head coach before
he is an established offensive mind
he has had success wherever hes been
he very experienced
wants to have a running football team

why are people mad again???

Demon
01-19-2010, 12:17 AM
WELL...........
I guess you need to get over it and root for the guy like the rest of us.
Lets give him a chance.
Im sure theres a job out there you want and you just need that chance.....

Just hate the NEGATIVITY.............

I don't mind the negativity at all. If people feel that way, it's cool. The news just broke today and fans have the right to say what they feel. Tomorrow (assuming PC is tomorrow), I hope the negativity comes to an end. Give it a chance. He's our head coach now. He's our guy who will be staying up late at night trying to figure out how to score on Belichick's defense and how to score on Rex Ryan's defense. He's now the leader of the Buffalo Bills. He's accepting the job that nobody wanted.

We need to support him. He will need a lot of help in turning this franchise around.

Demon
01-19-2010, 12:18 AM
lets see,

he has been a head coach before
he is an established offensive mind
he has had success wherever hes been
he very experienced
wants to have a running football team

why are people mad again???

Simple.

It's not Bill Cowher.

Mudflap1
01-19-2010, 12:20 AM
I don't hate Chan Gailey for taking the job. I don't blame him. He was called and was interested. I'm pissed at Russ Brandon, Ralph Wilson, and Buddy Nix for kicking the fans in the groin again with a horrendous bastardization of this whole new coach/new GM process.

Mudflap1
01-19-2010, 12:22 AM
Simple.

It's not Bill Cowher.

Wrong. Bills fans would've been OK with some of the other candidates that were called other than Bill Cowher. Chan Gailey is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down the list of appropriate coaching candidates. No one else was interested. The Bills called about 8-10 other people (that we know of) before Gailey. This is terrible on every level.

Demon
01-19-2010, 12:26 AM
Wrong. Bills fans would've been OK with some of the other candidates that were called other than Bill Cowher. Chan Gailey is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down the list of appropriate coaching candidates. No one else was interested. The Bills called about 8-10 other people (that we know of) before Gailey. This is terrible on every level.

Nothing will change unless Ralph Wilson sells the team, and it's not Brandon's or Nix's faults. They are doing their jobs but the problem is, Ralph Wilson. He's an ignorant 91 year old.

Besides the guys who rejected the Bills, Gailey seems like a too good to be true choice. After seeing the rejections, this is much better then what we could have hoped for.

And please don't tell me you bought the Jason Garrett garbage.

Besides Gailey and Frazier, who else could we have gotten? Honestly, i like him better then Billick. Martz? Fassel? I don't understand.

Mudflap1
01-19-2010, 12:35 AM
Nothing will change unless Ralph Wilson sells the team, and it's not Brandon's or Nix's faults. They are doing their jobs but the problem is, Ralph Wilson. He's an ignorant 91 year old.

Besides the guys who rejected the Bills, Gailey seems like a too good to be true choice. After seeing the rejections, this is much better then what we could have hoped for.

Besides Gailey and Frazier, who else could we have gotten? Honestly, i like him better then Billick. Martz? Fassel? I don't understand.

That's the whole point. The Bills can't get anybody. Whose fault is that? It's certainly someone's. And yes, I'm blaming Nix and Brandon 100% also. Those guys should not be a GM and CEO of an NFL franchise, they have no business. It is Wilson's fault for hiring them, but they are still frauds.

If I were the Bills, what would I have done? I would have at least called and interviewed Brian Billick, I'll say that. I mean, we were all *****ing about Charlie Weis being a head coaching candidate. He's probably a better choice than Chan Gailey. At least Charlie had a couple of good years as a college coach. And I'm really stretching by giving him that much credit.

This is a disaster hire.

Mudflap1
01-19-2010, 12:37 AM

Anybody that defends Gailey for his record as a pro head coach needs to automatically admit Mike Martz is a superior coach. Martz has a pretty good record for a head coach. The problem is, Martz took over for a team that Vermeil built. Well, Gailey took over for the team that Jimmy Johnson built (and Switzer "managed" for a couple of years).

Fassel didn't inherit a good team, and got his team to the Super Bowl and multiple playoff years. I would say both are superior. Billick is as well, of course.