X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dying_-2-_Live
    • Feb 2009

*The Official Im in Favor of Gailey Thread*

You know... I have to admit i had forgotten about the guy lately... but when i heard his name come up recently... I got excited to be honest. The guys knows the offensive side of the ball as good as anyone... and took over a mediocre Cowboys team and took them to the playoffs each year he was there. He's no Bill Cowher. But I may be the only fan excited to hear the news about him likely on his way to Buffalo
    "If you ain't first... You're last"

• Commissioner
    • Dec 2004

Re: *The Official Im in Favor of Gailey Thread*

I'm not for or against him.... i don't know much about him.

His resume looks good to me... better than Brian Billicks....
    Draft Gabbert at #3!

Comment

• Dying_-2-_Live
      • Feb 2009

"Despite leading the team to consecutive playoff berths and seemingly re-igniting the Dallas offense, owner Jerry Jones would fire head coach Chan Gailey after the season." - wikipedia

Comment

• Mitchell55
        only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
        • Feb 2008

I dont mind it atall

Comment

• tampabay25690
          • Feb 2004

I fine with it if it happens.
          Lets just win some games and get this team back to where it needs to.....
          GO Gators!!!!!!
          GO GATORS!!

Comment

• Commissioner
            • Dec 2004

Watch this interview...

I like him.. and hope he succeeds.

A few minutes with Georgia Tech football coach Chan Gailey at the ACC Football Kickoff in Pinehurst, NC. Filmed for the Chatham Journal Newspaper, PO Box 520...
            Draft Gabbert at #3!

Comment

• hydro
              • Oct 2005

Waiting on the mention of assistants first. Until then I will hold criticism.
              BERNIAC!

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
                !?!?!?!?!?
                • Mar 2006

I'm 100% down...probably best hire in the past 10 years....that's not saying much

Comment

• baalworship
                  • May 2003

It is an an obvious PR/marketing nightmare. As a football junkie I am waiting to see who his staff will be and how he plans on running the bills.

The guy was only an NFL head coach 2 years and he never missed the playoffs. We have seen so many bad coaches here recently that we rightly expect the worse.

If someone said the Bills would hire a coach that:

-Had NFL head coaching experience
                  -Was an Offensive Coach who like to run the ball and who had led the NFL in rushing attempts and yards in a city with inclement , bad weather
                  -Never missed the playoffs as a head coach
                  -Was a Great Teacher
                  -Didn't run the same system everywhere but adapted his scheme to match the players he had
                  -Had extensive years of coaching experience at almost every position including defense and special teams

Most of us would sign up for that. But people are scared because no one was talking about this guy and the Bills often make crazy choices. Gailey was recently considered for Dolphins and Steelers head coaching vacancies so he is not as far off the reservation a pick as some would have it. In the modern NFL candidates can become hot and cold overnight. Buddy Nix obviously remembers back farther than the hot coaching candidates from this year and last year.

Let's see who he brings and whether he will call the plays. I can't choose a side yet.

Comment

• Philagape
                    WIN NOW
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by baalworship
                    It is an an obvious PR/marketing nightmare. As a football junkie I am waiting to see who his staff will be and how he plans on running the bills.

The guy was only an NFL head coach 2 years and he never missed the playoffs. We have seen so many bad coaches here recently that we rightly expect the worse.

-Was an Offensive Coach who like to run the ball and who had led the NFL in rushing attempts and yards in a city with inclement , bad weather
                    -Was a Great Teacher
                    -Didn't run the same system everywhere but adapted his scheme to match the players he had
                    -Had extensive years of coaching experience at almost every position including defense and special teams

Most of us would sign up for that. But people are scared because no one was talking about this guy and the Bills often make crazy choices. Gailey was recently considered for Dolphins and Steelers head coaching vacancies so he is not as far off the reservation a pick as some would have it. In the modern NFL candidates can become hot and cold overnight. Buddy Nix obviously remembers back farther than the hot coaching candidates from this year and last year.

Let's see who he brings and whether he will call the plays. I can't choose a side yet.
                    Sorry this post is too nuanced and thoughtful for the BZ
                    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• BigZ
                      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by baalworship

-Was a Great Teacher

We used some of the same logic with Nix. Definitely wasn't my first choice but I'm with you - we are going to have to wait to see what kind of coordinators and assistants he can bring, what happens to the strength and conditioning department, whether the Bills bring in some scouting talent etc.

Looks like the BillsZone should up their ad rates - lots of us will be visiting now more than ever.

Comment

• BillsFanCupp38
                        • Mar 2004

At first I was skeptical but the more I read on him the more I like it. It would be nice to finally have a headcoach!
                        Jeremy Cupp

Comment

• Dying_-2-_Live
                          • Feb 2009

Much better hire than Jauron

Comment

• Mudflap1
                            Next Question!
                            • Nov 2004

If he's so great... why is he the only guy interested in the Bills? Why is no one else interested him?

Cheap, horrible hire. Looks like we've moved on from unproven up and comers to over the hill retreads. If you guys pay money to support this product anymore, you are all sheep. This is not the best hire that the Bills could've made. This isn't the 10th best hire the Bills could've made. Oh yeah, that's right... no one wanted to come here and interview in the first place.

This franchise is a disaster. Officially on Raiders/Lions/Rams level. At least.

Comment

• Demon
                              • Mar 2003

I'm down. We need to give him a chance. Our choices were very slim. Everyone rejected us. I mean, i like this guy more then i liked the Frazier hiring. Even with Frazier, his success would have waited for until he hires a OC, and a OLine coach and a QB coach. Gailey has more experience and i would assume has more connections. He has many question marks, but so does Frazier. Does his front 7 make him so good?

Gailey is taking the job that nobody wanted. He has a lot of work to do and he's going to need all the support he can get. I am glad they finally decided to bring in an offensive mind. Our offenses have been awful for years.

I am very happy the search is over.
                              Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

Working...
                              X