PDA

View Full Version : Sullivan: Gailey won't stifle any yawns

JD
01-18-2010, 10:29 PM
So, unless something goes terribly awry at the last minute — and you never can tell when Ralph Wilson is gearing up for another public pronouncement — it looks as if Chan Gailey is poised to become the next head coach of the Buffalo Bills.

Really? Chan Gailey. It's an uninspiring pick, and if my math is correct, about their eighth choice. But after seeing the Bills snubbed by football coaches from sea to shining sea, it's a relief to know the search might finally come to an end, before the organization can embarrass itself further.

Gailey does fit their presumed criteria. He has been a head coach, albeit with modest success, with the Dallas Cowboys and Georgia Tech. He has been an offensive coordinator with the Steelers, Dolphins, Chiefs and Cowboys, where he had the dual role of head coach/coordinator in his two seasons.

No doubt, that will allow the Bills to claim that Gailey was their guy all along, the ideal man for the job. Never mind that they were rebuffed by no less than three NFL coordinators who have never been head coaches at any level.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/927126.html

Ingtar33
01-18-2010, 10:44 PM
i liked this quote

"Oh, no, no. Lord, no," said Randy Galloway, the top radio sports host in Dallas. "He's about as dry as it gets. He's not going to stir anybody up."

yep. more of the same.

Mitchell55
01-18-2010, 11:00 PM
i liked this quote

yep. more of the same.

Thats strange because in all the quotes ive seen it says that he is very motivational and runs alot of plays designed for individual players success

Billz_fan
01-18-2010, 11:01 PM
I seriously cannot believe the chain of events since the season ended. In 30+ years of following this "franchise" the last few weeks have been the worst. Promises of "big changes" and whatever it takes contracts up to 10k for a coach. This is what its comes to. No changes at the top. Only coaches and another of Ralphs buddys for a GM. and to think I was surprised when nobody wanted the job.

Anybody got a picture of Gailey with a Bills cap pasted on his head yet ? :laughter:

clumping platelets
01-18-2010, 11:18 PM
Why has God forsaken us? :sadwalk:

The Spaz
01-18-2010, 11:23 PM

Him looking at the Buffalo Bills:

http://ablogination.tn420.org/blog/media/blogs/all/jesus.jpg

Mudflap1
01-18-2010, 11:54 PM

Post of the year!

Turf
01-19-2010, 12:44 AM
And to think in the 80's we were able to land Chuck Knox. We can't even buy a coach, Unreal.

Historian
01-19-2010, 05:08 AM
I would have rather kept Fewell.

Night Train
01-19-2010, 05:12 AM
I would have rather kept Fewell.

Anyone that has even a remote affinity for the Tampa 2 D must be purged from our radar.

We couldn't stop the run and don't have Peyton Manning playing out of his mind to overcome such an obvious deficiency.

Gailey has run a 3-4 and a 4-3. That's a much better idea.

Historian
01-19-2010, 05:17 AM
This is Hank Bullough all over again...

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
01-19-2010, 05:30 AM
This is Hank Bullough all over again....but it is much more. It's par for the course for a handicapped franchise. It's confirmation for many former fans that it's time to move on. It's the beginning of the end.

Thanks for the memories Bills....it's been nice knowing you.

clumping platelets
01-19-2010, 11:11 PM

Polyester pants :eek:

Griff
01-20-2010, 05:10 AM
can we wait until the games are played before we hate him? I mean, haven't we eaten enough crow over the years?

Typ0
01-20-2010, 05:30 AM
can we wait until the games are played before we hate him? I mean, haven't we eaten enough crow over the years?

The only people that have been eating crow are the ones with the blinders on.

Cntrygal
01-20-2010, 05:31 AM
I just want the Bills to be competitive and at least give the appearance that they are TRYING to win.

SABURZFAN
01-20-2010, 08:21 AM

i disagree. Bullough was a complete idiot.

Typ0
01-20-2010, 04:03 PM
i disagree. Bullough was a complete idiot.

and your point is?