PDA

View Full Version : Chan Gailey is set up to fail.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
01-19-2010, 05:25 AM
This guy has such a small chance to succeed....I think it says a lot about the guy that he would even interview. Can he honestly believe he has a shot to win more that 7 games? The ONLY way this coaching hire works is if we somehow luck into a great QB. A great QB can solve a lot of problems. The problem is....we all know that there is not a great QB in Buffalo's near future.
Maybe it's a good year to hire a lame duck coach, and hope for a more eager group of candidates once the CBA is settled.

One year of Chan Gailey is about the same, in the final analysis, as one year of any other lame ass coach.

I will mark the day Chan is hired as the last day I held out hope for a positive 2010 season.

As many others have said, my season tix will pass on to another owner if this happens. Seats I have held for 13 years.

YardRat
01-19-2010, 05:34 AM
He has a better chance of succeeding with a solid personnel guy calling the shots.

Better players can make a coach look much better.

Historian
01-19-2010, 06:55 AM
The Bills actually found someone more desperate than themselves...and his salary is in line.

don137
01-19-2010, 07:41 AM
When Gailey is hired it is basically a lateral move from Jauron and may result in getting one more win out of this term.
I think Gailey is very similar to Jauron. An excellent coordinator but a very pedestrian head coach.

CoolBreeze
01-19-2010, 08:16 AM
This guy has such a small chance to succeed....I think it says a lot about the guy that he would even interview. Can he honestly believe he has a shot to win more that 7 games? The ONLY way this coaching hire works is if we somehow luck into a great QB. A great QB can solve a lot of problems. The problem is....we all know that there is not a great QB in Buffalo's near future.
Maybe it's a good year to hire a lame duck coach, and hope for a more eager group of candidates once the CBA is settled.

One year of Chan Gailey is about the same, in the final analysis, as one year of any other lame ass coach.

I will mark the day Chan is hired as the last day I held out hope for a positive 2010 season.

As many others have said, my season tix will pass on to another owner if this happens. Seats I have held for 13 years.

Thanks for the tickets... Look, it wouldn't matter if it's Gailey (who by the way comes highly recommended by Cowher) or Cowher himself, Gruden, Billick etc. etc. This team has many holes to fill. Gailey has a much better track record than Jauron. From what I've read he's an S.O.B that's hold players and coaches accountable. This team needs that. The country club conditions under Jauron are gone. I'm not saying he's going to be great, just simply that only GOD himself is about the only one who could turn around this team in 1 season. IF he hires good assistants, drafts well (He drafted Flozell Adams, Greg Ellis and Dat Ngyuen for example) Who, knows we could be pleasantly suprised.

ddaryl
01-19-2010, 08:26 AM
there is going to be plenty of great tickets available this year.

My money says there will be a significant drop in seaosn ticket sales this year, and it won't matter if we land mcnabb or some other big name....

if the Bills cannot bring in the best coaches and palyers there is no sense it pretending to be an NFL worthy team...

trapezeus
01-19-2010, 08:32 AM
the difference between the $10MM and the salary Chan "*****" Gailey gets should be redistributed to the season ticket holderes as a form of sorry, or the team better go all the way to the ***** cap this year and fill the team with some real talent.

If i see one player come off the practice squad as an undersized anything, filling in at QB, LB, OT, DT or any other key position, i'd like someone to ask Ralph what the **** has changed over the last year when he promised big changes.

Good luck with ticket sales in Toronto, too, douchebags! Never is there an end to the imagination to provide the suckiness to the masses.

OpIv37
01-19-2010, 08:58 AM
He has a better chance of succeeding with a solid personnel guy calling the shots.

Better players can make a coach look much better.
But we don't have a solid personnel guy calling the shots. We have Buddy Nix taking advice from Guy and Modrak then answering to Russ Brandon, who then has to get Ralph to write the checks. Nothing has really changed.

Jan Reimers
01-19-2010, 09:34 AM
But we don't have a solid personnel guy calling the shots. We have Buddy Nix taking advice from Guy and Modrak then answering to Russ Brandon, who then has to get Ralph to write the checks. Nothing has really changed.
I doubt very much if Nix answers to Brandon on player personnel decisions, but however the pecking order is set up, it seemed to work well in last year's draft (unless you consider Maybin a bust after 1 year).

Something has changed: Nix is now running the football side, and is known to be an excellent talent evaluator.