PDA

View Full Version : Gailey's potential defensive coordinator

patmoran2006
01-19-2010, 07:15 AM
Don't think you guys will like this. Already heard rumblings of this and Thurman Thomas mentioned it this morning.

Jim Bates

(He runs a 4-3 and likes using smallish, speedy LB's)

Sound familiar?

DBrown77
01-19-2010, 07:21 AM
Awesome, another cover 2 DC.

Tampas D got torched all last year also. I want Fewell back.

bills4ver
01-19-2010, 07:27 AM
that sounds terrible another fired guy from last year? Why do we get all the left overs, go after some big name assistants! even though they won't come here lol

The Spaz
01-19-2010, 07:28 AM
Ah getting the cronies back together....great....

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-19-2010, 07:33 AM
as I said in an earlier post, the only people who will come here under gaily are rejects with no jobs.

get ready for more crushing dissapointment

hydro
01-19-2010, 07:35 AM
The only hope I had left was some decent coordinators. I don't even need to know who the OC is because this would just ruin it.

elltrain22
01-19-2010, 07:40 AM
Personally, the only crap that comes outta Thurman's mouth is bull. I think he thinks he knows, but doesn't have a clue. And btw, is Thurman's favorite word accountable or what??

DraftBoy
01-19-2010, 07:43 AM
Personally, the only crap that comes outta Thurman's mouth is bull. I think he thinks he knows, but doesn't have a clue. And btw, is Thurman's favorite word accountable or what??

I have to agree, I dont think Thurman has intimate knowledge of ****.

BuffaloBlakely14
01-19-2010, 07:57 AM
Don't think you guys will like this. Already heard rumblings of this and Thurman Thomas mentioned it this morning.

Jim Bates

(He runs a 4-3 and likes using smallish, speedy LB's)

Sound familiar?

This whole thing is like waking up from a nightmare to realize that you are still in a different nightmare now.

This whole thing is unbelievable. I have been a huge look at things through rose colored glasses and always try and see the positive in what goes on at OBD, but this is unbelievable. I think Frazier would have really signaled a change and sent a message to the rest of the NFL, and we would have bee on our way to at least people wanting to come here and showing a change in philosophy here. I know half of you think that he is a Jauron clone, but that is just not the case, and it would have made people at least look at BLo in a good light once again. He seems (because once again I am not going to be like the rest of the people that state things like they are fact from what they have heard, but only the peopl ein the NFL know what really is thought or how it goes)...but I reiterate it seems Frazier was universally respected and well thought of, and would have been what the doctor ordered for this franchise.

But, we get...

Raptor
01-19-2010, 07:59 AM
Awesome, another cover 2 DC.

Tampas D got torched all last year also. I want Fewell back.

J.Bates is about as far as you can get get from a Tampa 2 DC w/out being a 34 guy

Bates defense runs mainly on 4 things

-2 big runs stuffing DT's
-2 Shut downs man CB's
-Speed rushing DE's
-LB's who can attack down hill

Dicknoze69
01-19-2010, 07:59 AM
I knew this was coming. Jesus.

Also, I think it's going to be tough to get top-notch coaches to come here because they are just as qualified as Gailey is. It's likely going to be a lot of retreads.

elltrain22
01-19-2010, 08:00 AM
I have to agree, I dont think Thurman has intimate knowledge of ****.

Not only does he not know crap, but he thinks he does, and gets Bills fans excited about absolutely nothing. I distinctly remember hearing him on the radio talking about how the Bills & Ralph were gonna make people very happy this offseason, and got alot of peoples hopes up for what?? Buddy Nix, Chan Gailey?? Please.... I love Thurman as a player, but the more I hear him talk, the more I want him to shut his piehole

DesertFox24
01-19-2010, 08:20 AM
J.Bates is about as far as you can get get from a Tampa 2 DC w/out being a 34 guy

Bates defense runs mainly on 4 things

-2 big runs stuffing DT's
-2 Shut downs man CB's
-Speed rushing DE's
-LB's who can attack down hill

Yeah I have to agree Bates is not that bad. Also just because we run a 43 does not mean it is going to be a tampa 2.

Also every defense has some cover 2/tampa 2 in it, I just want to be able to stop the run and stop the short slants and quick passes that teams do against us because we gave so much cushion to opposing WRs.