• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

its official, Gailey is coach

The Chan Gailey era has officially begun.

The 58-year old former Dallas Cowboys and Georgia Tech coach has agreed to become the next head coach of the Buffalo Bills on Tuesday.

There will be a press conference today at 2pm.

Gailey fit the criteria that new Bills general manager Buddy Nix was looking for; a head coach with experience who’s regarded as an offensive mind.

Gailey was last a head coach in the NFL in 1998-99 with Dallas. He led the Cowboys to the playoffs in both seasons, but following a 10-6 record his first year was fired after stumbling to 8-8 in 1999 when the team backed into the playoffs and lost to Minnesota in the first round, 27-10.
    Bias-- I say YACK

FULL STORY
    Last edited by patmoran2006; 01-19-2010, 08:23 AM.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • Scumbag College
    • Oct 2002

Re: its official, Gailey is coach

Let's all celebrate the Chan Gailey era in Buffalo. Then, let's drive his ass out of town after consecutive 4-12 seasons.
    Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• THRILLHO
      This is great, and all I've done is enter my name!
      • Feb 2009

I can moan and complain all I want, but the simple fact is that OBD gave me what I wanted, a Head Coach with Head Coaching expierence. And he has won before. So welcome Chan, the best of luck to you.
      True fans want wins, not draft picks.

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

Buffalo Sports Daily has learned Russ Brandon flew out to California last Wednesday and the job was offered to Stanford coach Jim Harbaugh. He rejected the offer sometime on Thursday.

The organization originally met with Gailey sometime last week and the Bills returned to meet with him in Georgia this past Sunday. Gailey met with Ralph Wilson in Detroit early Monday and the brass flew into Buffalo to finalize contract details.

Comment

• Dicknoze69
          Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
          • Jul 2002

Pat, any truth to the rumor that Brandon was removed from the coaching search at the tail end of last week because he wasn't pleased with where it was heading?

God give me style and give me grace
          God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
            I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
            • May 2005

I got a text from somebody saying the same thing at the same time you were posting this Pat... sad but true it seems.

I'm officially done spending my money on this franchise for awhile.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

Congratulations to Coach Gailey.

Now get him some players, which is what every coach needs.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• T-Long
                Circling the Wagons since 1982.
                • Sep 2003

Pat makes a great point, even though he hates the hire. They offered it to about 10 other candidates, and they ALL said No. Who the hell do you guys want them to bring in then?

If they brought in a young coordinator, you'd all hammer Nix for going against what he said in his press conference in wanting a guy with HC experience and a guy who has won in the league.

If Billick came, we would be the laughing stocks of the league and would be constantly reminded of what he said on NFL Network.

They wanted Cowher, and he highly recommended Gailey for the spot. If he is good enough to call plays for Cowher's team, then he's good enough of a head coach at this point for us.

Comment

• The Spaz
                  • Mar 2003

****ing ****, ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Dicknoze69
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by T-Long
                    Pat makes a great point, even though he hates the hire. They offered it to about 10 other candidates, and they ALL said No. Who the hell do you guys want them to bring in then?
                    I would have preferred someone whose best stretch of coaching didn't happen in the mid-90s. It's 2010.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                      • Dec 2005

the ONLY candidate who did not say no was Frazier.

And again, I learned it was last Wednesday that Brandon flew out to Califorina and offered the job to Harbaugh, he had declined for sure by Thursday.

Dont know the first time the two sides (gailey, bills) met, but i do know that Brandon was in GA this past Sunday, and the two then flew to Detroit yesterday morning before flying back to Buffalo to work out the details

Comment

• T-Long
                        Circling the Wagons since 1982.
                        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                        the ONLY candidate who did not say no was Frazier.

And again, I learned it was last Wednesday that Brandon flew out to Califorina and offered the job to Harbaugh, he had declined for sure by Thursday.

Dont know the first time the two sides (gailey, bills) met, but i do know that Brandon was in GA this past Sunday, and the two then flew to Detroit yesterday morning before flying back to Buffalo to work out the details
                        Ok so they wait for Fraizer, and who knows, what if he changed his mind and wants to stay with the Vikings? We would be even more behind the 8 ball! People may not like the hire, but you got to respect the fact that they tried for the other coaches and got ***** slapped with a flat out NO.

Comment

• The Spaz
                          • Mar 2003

It's always good to have options or in this case about 20...

Comment

• Dicknoze69
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by T-Long
                            Ok so they wait for Fraizer, and who knows, what if he changed his mind and wants to stay with the Vikings? We would be even more behind the 8 ball! People may not like the hire, but you got to respect the fact that they tried for the other coaches and got ***** slapped with a flat out NO.
                            I'm fairly certain we could have waited a week to get the Gailey/Bates pupu platter. No one was beating down his door to be a head coach, let alone offensive coordinator.

Not waiting is a move that reeks of desperation and throwing your hands up in the air because you're frustrated.

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

go drew brees.
                              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

Working...
                              X