PDA

View Full Version : New Billboard Idea

Jan Reimers
01-19-2010, 08:49 AM
"Bills' Fans Welcome Coach Gailey"

Why not support the guy, instead of crapping all over him before he even starts?

The Spaz
01-19-2010, 08:51 AM
Welcome to Buffalo where "Chan means Chin."

trapezeus
01-19-2010, 08:52 AM
because he is exactly dick jauron. if this was the crap we were going to get, we were better off just letting jauron run the team at $3mm for two more years.

We made a lateral move to stay in the same level of crappiness.

The bills need to committ to him some serious talent. They'll say that they will, but they also said they'd get a real GM and a real head coach. on both accounts we were lied to.

They're setting gailey up to fail again and 3 years from now when they need a new coach, they'll be stunned that even jauron like losers will walk away.

The billboard should say, "NFL, we want a real owner!"

The Spaz
01-19-2010, 08:54 AM
Welcome to buffalo we have a football team but we are known better for our wings...

THATHURMANATOR
01-19-2010, 08:59 AM
edited

Jan Reimers
01-19-2010, 09:02 AM
because he is exactly dick jauron.
And you know this how?

T-Long
01-19-2010, 09:06 AM
edited

wow that is just so wrong of a picture.

The last buffalo fan
01-19-2010, 09:11 AM
I'm still a Bills Fan, go Gailey! :ill:

Billz_fan
01-19-2010, 09:17 AM
Billboard

Buffalo:Home of the Sabres

RockStar36
01-19-2010, 09:17 AM
This is a good idea on the surface and would show the Bills fans in a positive light, but it won't happen.

Philagape
01-19-2010, 09:18 AM
because he is exactly dick jauron.

Well except for an opposite career record and opposite personality, yeah

imbondz
01-19-2010, 09:19 AM
Billboard

Buffalo:Home of the Sabres

LOL. :rockout:

CoolBreeze
01-19-2010, 09:20 AM
edited

I thought I lived in Western New York, NOT CLEVELAND!!!!
Show some class!

Philagape
01-19-2010, 09:35 AM
"Chan Gailey: The only one who didn't say no!"

ddaryl
01-19-2010, 09:37 AM

Why not support the guy, instead of crapping all over him before he even starts?

why don't you set it up and ask for donations then...

seriously don't say it do something... that' s been my ***** about people who didn't get behind the other billboards.. Stop saying things and actually do them.

I would love to see how many donate to the cause..... but you have ot set it up Jan

Luisito23
01-19-2010, 09:40 AM
I would love to see how many donate to the cause

:crickets:

THATHURMANATOR
01-19-2010, 09:41 AM
Show some class!
Whats the big deal. It is a Cartoon of an imaginary person.

Luisito23
01-19-2010, 09:43 AM
is a Cartoon of an imaginary person.

You're an imaginary person :clown:

don137
01-19-2010, 09:43 AM
Sorry Jan..I usually agree with you. I am just not excited about the hire. After 10 losng seasons we just added more misery. I hope I am wrong but in three years we will be looking for another coach. I think getting good coordinators is critical o even having a slim chance of success.
He was marginal at Dallas factoring in the talent he inherited. He was marginal at Georgia Tech. I just do not see Gailey getting the most out of the players and being able to take it to the next level.

Mr. Pink
01-19-2010, 09:46 AM
Show some class!

If he lived in Cleveland he would stake out One Bills Drive til Gailey showed up and threw batteries, dog bones and beer bottles at the guy!!!

Tatonka
01-19-2010, 09:47 AM
its not about gailey.. its about what the bills failed to do yet again.

trapezeus
01-19-2010, 09:49 AM
Chan gailey will turn out to be dick jauron. because the bills will not give him depth or players. not that jauron would have been amazing given a proper roster, but i've never seen a practice squad so actively used to fill in key parts of the OL and LB crew in my life.

Chan Gailey will leave buffalo in 3 years as a loser. He will not get a QB, they will not fortify the line because as people get good, they'll cut them loose. The DL will continue to follow this undersized model that they love.

Nothing has changed inside the organization. Same idiots making the same calls. The bills, by hiring chan gailey, stuck it in our faces and told us to like it. They told us they know better, even though we've been begging them to at least acknowledge that we know a little something.

chan gailey will be dick jauron. he couldn't win for georgia over 7 years. the game has passed him by.

but we're being asked to give him time. I'm done giving time. I know that they've made the wrong decision. The fanbase, the players, the media will get even more apathetic to this pathetic team. This team needed a shot of adrenaline this offseason and they were just given nyquil.

Mr. Pink
01-19-2010, 09:51 AM
Chan gailey will turn out to be dick jauron. because the bills will not give him depth or players. not that jauron would have been amazing given a proper roster, but i've never seen a practice squad so actively used to fill in key parts of the OL and LB crew in my life.

Chan Gailey will leave buffalo in 3 years as a loser. He will not get a QB, they will not fortify the line because as people get good, they'll cut them loose. The DL will continue to follow this undersized model that they love.

Nothing has changed inside the organization. Same idiots making the same calls. The bills, by hiring chan gailey, stuck it in our faces and told us to like it. They told us they know better, even though we've been begging them to at least acknowledge that we know a little something.

If this is indeed your honest opinion, why does it matter who's brought in to be HC?

A recipe for failure is a recipe for failure regardless of who's running the ship.

trapezeus
01-19-2010, 10:01 AM
the bills needed to show a desire to change from status quo. they needed either a real GM, a real coach or both.

they went with inhouse buddy nix. who could be fine, but he wasn't going anywhere. they could have gotten a proven guy. They could have entertained the thought of getting a guy that knows the nuiance of running the GM position. but they chose not to.

Now gailey has a mixed record. it looks like his best years were in the 90's and he hasn't really fielded a decent team in 10 years. This is jauron. A guy who has seen the game pass him by. We were better off just paying jauron than pull in a new jauron.

The players are slackers with no work ethic. You pull in a cowher, you have their attention. You pull in chan gailey, and they all just go back to, "i'm only here until the contract runs up. this town is ungrateful."

This team will end up worse than 6-10 next year, and we will be told, it's only his first year. And worse, he won't have a QB, he won't hvae a line and he won't have a defense. So what the hell is the point.

I hope someone saves this email and can throw it in my face while we are on a playoff run next year. I'll be happy to apologize. but nothing changed, so the results won't either.

Zero
01-19-2010, 10:03 AM
someone on this board posed this question yesterday ( and i'm paraphrasing): " ...what FA's will we attract this offseason?.." .

With the hires of Nix and now Gailey, the answer is: "not many good ones"....

Typ0
01-19-2010, 11:37 AM
1st year: it's his first year give him time.
2nd year: we need to get more talent.
3rd year: guy sucks we need a new coach.

Sound familiar?

Jan Reimers
01-19-2010, 12:12 PM
1st year: it's his first year give him time.
2nd year: we need to get more talent.
3rd year: guy sucks we need a new coach.

Sound familiar?
Since we'll have a new GM and a new HC (as well as assistants and coordinators), history doesn't have to repeat itself.

Ebenezer
01-19-2010, 12:18 PM

chan gailey will be dick jauron. he couldn't win for georgia over 7 years. the game has passed him by.

but we're being asked to give him time. I'm done giving time. I know that they've made the wrong decision. The fanbase, the players, the media will get even more apathetic to this pathetic team. This team needed a shot of adrenaline this offseason and they were just given nyquil.

But everything you said implies that we shouldn't hold Gailey against Gailey. I think the sentiment of others is correct...what has he done to warrant our disgust? I never had JP against JP. He didn't ask to be here, have the OCs he had or the gameplans. He played football. The same with this hire. They wanted him, recruited him and hired him. He will do as well as he can with what he is given. The blood of four years with the same talent DJ had and subsequent failure will not totally be on his hands.

Typ0
01-19-2010, 12:54 PM
Since we'll have a new GM and a new HC (as well as assistants and coordinators), history doesn't have to repeat itself.

Of course it doesn't have to. It never does. That doesnt' mean it won't though. And in this case it probably will. Haven't you seen enough? Do you really think these guys are going to go out and get the right players and keep the right players we have?

SABURZFAN
01-19-2010, 12:55 PM

:bf1:

trapezeus
01-19-2010, 02:04 PM
is it too late to put up a picture of Bud Adams flipping the bird at the titans bills game as the bill board?