PDA

View Full Version : Vick to be next Bills QB?

Mahdi
01-19-2010, 09:47 AM
Looking at Chan Gailey's history he seems to like running QBs.

In Pittsburgh as OC he had most of his success with Kordell Stewart. He recruited running QBs at Georgia Tech and when he was OC of the Chiefs last season, the offense started producing when he inserted Tyler Thigpen.

I think Gailey will be under a TON of pressure to succeed right away so don't be surprised to see us go after Vick aggressively and then maybe draft someone like Colt McCoy, Tim Tebow or Dan Lefevour.

patmoran2006
01-19-2010, 09:48 AM
He also coached statues in Aikman and Fielder.

I doubt it.. But you never know

mikemac2001
01-19-2010, 09:51 AM

really Jay Fiedler 219 Carries 854 Yards 3.9 ypc 11 td

he ran alot for a QB

did you ever watch him play...was always running...

Stewie
01-19-2010, 09:52 AM
Fiedler was a good athlete, not a statue at all.

... and here we go with three months of Tim Tebow speculation.

kelly2reed4six
01-19-2010, 09:54 AM
I'm sure ralph will try some dumb ***** like getting vick. While ralph is a moron, Russ probably has enough sense to know that he needs to pull off another B.S. marketing move to try to string us fans along and will likely convince the corpse.

ddaryl
01-19-2010, 09:55 AM
Great so we will see about 10K seaosn tix holders cancel because of the Gailey hire... and then when we bring in Vick and we'll see another 10K season tik cancelled.

Now that is marketing genius

trapezeus
01-19-2010, 09:56 AM
i doubt it. the bills will find the worst ranked first round QB. Whoever shouldn't be drafted in the first round, will be their guy.

Also, who was Georgia's QB. Since the bills only work with people they know, he'll probably pick up some dud from georgia.

Until the bills prove that something has changed, i'll just assume the worst possible scenario and then act surprised when they outdo me

Mahdi
01-19-2010, 10:06 AM
i doubt it. the bills will find the worst ranked first round QB. Whoever shouldn't be drafted in the first round, will be their guy.

Also, who was Georgia's QB. Since the bills only work with people they know, he'll probably pick up some dud from georgia.

Until the bills prove that something has changed, i'll just assume the worst possible scenario and then act surprised when they outdo me
Georgia Tech's QB is Josh Nesbitt. Big time running QB. Gailey recruited him. Is not a passer and I doubt he does much in the NFL. Not even sure if he is declaring or not. He's a junior so I doubt it because I'm sure he wants to prove he can throw it.

trapezeus
01-19-2010, 10:11 AM
Georgia Tech's QB is Josh Nesbitt. Big time running QB. Gailey recruited him. Is not a passer and I doubt he does much in the NFL. Not even sure if he is declaring or not. He's a junior so I doubt it because I'm sure he wants to prove he can throw it.

he's the chan gailey of QB's then? not wanted, underwhelming, 1000 better options out there. Sounds like he'll be the bills guy.

elltrain22
01-19-2010, 10:13 AM
Mike Vick becoming a Buffalo Bill would even further alienate Bills fans. Thats a terrible idea.

Mahdi
01-19-2010, 10:13 AM
he's the chan gailey of QB's then? not wanted, underwhelming, 1000 better options out there. Sounds like he'll be the bills guy.
No no. This is not a guy that Nix will draft. I was just answering the question of who GT Qb was. Nesbitt is not a QB at the NFL level. Not even for the Bills.

Mahdi
01-19-2010, 10:16 AM
Mike Vick becoming a Buffalo Bill would even further alienate Bills fans. Thats a terrible idea.
Bad idea or not. It is a good possibility especially considering the Bills were trying to sign him before he went to Philly, then Dungy made that statement that Vick would be a nice fit in Buffalo and now Gailey and his preference for running QBs. It just adds up.

Personally, I would be all for it. Vick has paid his debt and he can bring some excitement and more importantly some Ws to the Bills.

WeAreArthurMoates
01-19-2010, 10:16 AM
I think Tim Tebow will be drafted by Buffalo. As I've said, the only way Tebow would ever be successful is if you run a similar offense. Gaily would, just like he did with Tyler Thigpen.

trapezeus
01-19-2010, 10:18 AM
but the bills have specialized in getting great scouts making great calls and then hand the final decision making to a 91 yr old man who barely knows his own name and his idiot coach.

Nesbit will be chan Gailey's, "i'm smarter than the rest of the NFL" pick.

If only the sabres weren't switching to the better logo next year, i'd be buying up some new sabres wear. I literally haven't bought a single bills item since we were .500 in 2008. I don't imagine i'll be purchasing anything buffalo related. I just changed my bills wallpaper on my iphone to a picture of my friend's dog wearing glasses.

I hate you ralph wilson....I hate you.

Jaybird
01-19-2010, 10:20 AM
nesbitt will play rb in the nfl

Beebe's Kid
01-19-2010, 10:22 AM

I know that we all took a kick in the pills here, but there is a little bit of a bright side... Nix will draft well. Look at last year...he didn't want Maybin, but the rest of our picks were solid...real solid. Wood, Levitre, Byrd, Nelson?? That is a better draft than we have had for a long, long time.

Nix, albeit old, is a football guy, and a successful evaluator of talent. Gailey, while not a flashy hire, is a football coach. He understands the game, and has a successful record as an OC, and arguably an HC. He works with what he has and gets the most out of them.

It might be very interesting if (big if) they are allowed to A. Have Gailey dictate what style of offense he would like to build B. Allow Nix to find him the pieces.

I know that some in the organization would be interested in Volek, depending on his availability, and there are going to be surprise candidates for QB. The organization definitely knows it needs addressed, and it will be. Let Nix find a guy that works for Gailey, and I think we will be pleasantly surprised.

DrGraves
01-19-2010, 10:24 AM
vick haters.... vick would be just about the only thing we could do to give this team a fighting chance... who to you think will make us competitive.... brohm? a rookie? trent? rob johnson out of retirement? jeff george? fitz?

Mahdi
01-19-2010, 10:25 AM
nesbitt will play rb in the nfl
Maybe. He is not like Vick or anything though. Not that fast either.

DraftBoy
01-19-2010, 10:38 AM

He was also a huge Reggie Ball fan and he was brutally bad as a QB, but Gailey always defended him.

Mahdi
01-19-2010, 10:45 AM
He was also a huge Reggie Ball fan and he was brutally bad as a QB, but Gailey always defended him.
I dont think Nesbitt is defendable as a QB though. He has a completion % of 46 and only attempted 82 passes this year.

I dunno DB, I really think these two Texas boys will draft Texas QB Colt McCoy. What you think of a trade down to 20 or so, grab an extra pick and take McCoy at 20? Doesn't have crazy arm strength but he is very accurate and his mobility can even out the arm strength deficiency.

DraftBoy
01-19-2010, 10:47 AM
I dont think Nesbitt is defendable as a QB though. He has a completion % of 46 and only attempted 82 passes this year.

I dunno DB, I really think these two Texas boys will draft Texas QB Colt McCoy. What you think of a trade down to 20 or so, grab an extra pick and take McCoy at 20? Doesn't have crazy arm strength but he is very accurate and his mobility can even out the arm strength deficiency.

If they take McCoy at 20 they deserve to be fired on the spot. I wouldn't take Colt McCoy before Round 4, below avg arm strength, gimmicky system, and average mobility. This isn't the Big 12 where the defenses are slow, and you can pass all day. This is the NFL. McCoy would not be in my top 10 of QB's Id want the Bills to draft.

Mahdi
01-19-2010, 10:57 AM
If they take McCoy at 20 they deserve to be fired on the spot. I wouldn't take Colt McCoy before Round 4, below avg arm strength, gimmicky system, and average mobility. This isn't the Big 12 where the defenses are slow, and you can pass all day. This is the NFL. McCoy would not be in my top 10 of QB's Id want the Bills to draft.
I hear a lot of analysts calling him a first or second round pick. And although they do run a bit of a gimmicky offense it's not like they don't ask McCoy to run pro-style plays. I think McCoy can be a very good NFL QB in the right system. I think he can be very similar to Tony Romo. Romo doesn't have an elite arm either, just great accuracy, mobility and instincts.

DraftBoy
01-19-2010, 11:11 AM
I hear a lot of analysts calling him a first or second round pick. And although they do run a bit of a gimmicky offense it's not like they don't ask McCoy to run pro-style plays. I think McCoy can be a very good NFL QB in the right system. I think he can be very similar to Tony Romo. Romo doesn't have an elite arm either, just great accuracy, mobility and instincts.

McCoy doesn't have Romo's arm..Romo's arm is average, Id grade McCoy's arm as below average.

McCoy is so raw as a QB, it will take forever for him to develop if he ever does. I do not think he should be our pick unless he's the developmental QB in Round 5-7.

ChristopherWalken
01-19-2010, 11:20 AM
Adding Vick would be the icing on the urinal cake.

Mad Bomber
01-19-2010, 12:01 PM

That ices it. The Bills are sure to take him. Maybe they'll trade up like they did for Losman.

justasportsfan
01-19-2010, 12:35 PM

Fiedler was not a statue. But he sucked and he was Wanny's decision all the way.

Demon
01-19-2010, 12:39 PM
I would think Gailey targets Tyler Thigpen. He had some success with him in Kansas City after Larry Johnson got injured.