PDA

View Full Version : Modrak and Guy

ghz in pittsburgh
01-19-2010, 12:00 PM
http://www.buffalonews.com/452/story/911588.html?imw=Y

Sounds like Guy has some real story to tell but won't in public.

Much like Modrak who I respect. Sure he made mistakes - the Mike Williams pick came to mind. But according to various leaked information, he wanted Cushing last year, Revis the year before, and Cutler the year before that.

Many people blamed on Jauron but I have a suspicion that maybe our old Ralph is that bad guy interfering there that nobody wanted to name publicly.

At least the GMs and HCs out there knew something about this and they refuse to come here to work.

Demon
01-19-2010, 12:11 PM
Get rid of both of them.

bflojohn
01-19-2010, 12:18 PM
I think Niix and Modrak could make an interesting "team" in the front office. I bet Buddy respects him a ton!

Jeff1220
01-19-2010, 12:37 PM
Well, that explains why they didn't fire him...he walks at the end of his contract in May.

Buddo
01-19-2010, 12:38 PM
The problem with all of this, is we don't know under what circumstances, decisions were made. AFAIK, Jauron had a final say in who got picked, pretty much throughout his time. All Modrak, and even Guy, can do, is make recommendations. If the recommendations aren't takenj up, then should they get the blame?
It would be a different scenario if they were making the decisions however. Trouble is, we simply don't know.
I'll certainly take Modrak staying on, as an endorsement of how he does his job, as if anyone does know what that side is about, it's Nix.