PDA

View Full Version : They DID tell the truth

SABURZFAN
01-19-2010, 12:12 PM
the rumors circulated that the Bills were looking for an offensive minded coach with previous Head Coaching experience. well here he is boys and girls. Chan Gailey. like it or not, they went out and got what they were looking for.

ChanGailey
01-19-2010, 12:14 PM
I do have experience....

Between you and me, I suck, but they offered me the job, so what should I do? Say no?

DesertFox24
01-19-2010, 12:17 PM
Had they hired Chan Gailey instead of Dick Jauron in Jan 06 we all would have probably been real happy.

The problem is we all got our hopes up for a big name and no one that we hired was going to make us happy unless it was Bill Cowher, John Gruden, or Mike SHanny.

Brain Schotty would have got some support but also would have gotten a lot of "hate" because of his age and experience.

Frazier because he runs a similar defense to Jauron and would be seen as Jauron 1.2

Grimm because of lack of experience as a head coach but probably would have received the less criticisml; however, this guy did not want to be here.

That being said it is done folks so lets see what staff he puts together, Thurman had a nice interview today and spoke highly of Chan so lets see what happens with the staff, FA, and the draft.

No I am not happy, but like I said only Bill Cowher would have made me happy.

SABURZFAN
01-19-2010, 12:18 PM
I do have experience....

Between you and me, I suck, but they offered me the job, so what should I do? Say no?

HEY LOOK!!!!!!!!!! he found the BillsZone!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is great!!!!!!!!!!! :bf1:

Buddo
01-19-2010, 12:21 PM
I can't say I'm 'over the moon', but I don't feel like I've been misled either.
Nix would appear to be holding to his outlook on things. Hopefully that will include drafting bigger, meaner, bodies too.

billsfan72
01-19-2010, 12:24 PM
I do have experience....

This is gonna get old...quick.

SABURZFAN
01-19-2010, 12:31 PM
This is gonna get old...quick.

NO WAY!!!!!!!

i should do an interview with him in this thread.

here's my first question....

Mr. Gailey, all Bills fans are dying to know. are you going to keep The Midget?

Demon
01-19-2010, 12:34 PM
the rumors circulated that the Bills were looking for an offensive minded coach with previous Head Coaching experience. well here he is boys and girls. Chan Gailey. like it or not, they went out and got what they were looking for.

That is true. Everything Nix has said is true with the hiring of Gailey and assuming he hires one of the favorites as his DC job, they will stop playing the cover-2 defense, like Nix also said. The wanted a guy with experience. They wanted someone with an offensive background and they want to make football exciting. Guess what guys, Gailey is that person. His offenses are always exciting.

I am looking forward to seeing what Nix and Gailey do. I just hope he can land Dave Campo as DC.

bflojohn
01-19-2010, 12:34 PM
Of course they keep the midget, he's slated for fullback!!

SABURZFAN
01-19-2010, 12:35 PM
That is true. Everything Nix has said is true with the hiring of Gailey and assuming he hires one of the favorites as his DC job, they will stop playing the cover-2 defense, like Nix also said. The wanted a guy with experience. They wanted someone with an offensive background and they want to make football exciting. Guess what guys, Gailey is that person. His offenses are always exciting.

I am looking forward to seeing what Nix and Gailey do. I just hope he can land Dave Campo as DC.

didn't Campo coach the Cowboys too?

SABURZFAN
01-19-2010, 12:36 PM
Of course they keep the midget, he's slated for fullback!!

i hope you're right. :up:

Demon
01-19-2010, 12:37 PM
didn't Campo coach the Cowboys too?

Yeah, he was Gailey's DC for 2 seasons then was the HC after Gailey got fired.

ChanGailey
01-19-2010, 01:02 PM
NO WAY!!!!!!!

i should do an interview with him in this thread.

here's my first question....

Mr. Gailey, all Bills fans are dying to know. are you going to keep The Midget?

Actually he's going to compete with Aaron Maybin for the water boy position. We really think they both have a lot of potential, you know, carrying water.

He says he can cut hair too, IDK, I won't know till I look at the film.

SABURZFAN
01-19-2010, 01:07 PM
Actually he's going to compete with Aaron Maybin for the water boy position. We really think they both have a lot of potential, you know, carrying water.

He says he can cut hair too, IDK, I won't know till I look at the film.

The Midget will win that battle.

have you seen The Old Fart (Ralph Wilson) in person yet? if so, does he have the drool cup hanging around his neck or is Russ Brandon holding it for him?

ChanGailey
01-19-2010, 01:09 PM
The Midget will win that battle.

have you seen The Old Fart (Ralph Wilson) in person yet? if so, does he have the drool cup hanging around his neck or is Russ Brandon holding it for him?

Ralph? He just talks randomly every now and again and pauses for a real long time. Keeps saying we need to get lucky...I'm just happy to have a job!

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

SABURZFAN
01-19-2010, 01:16 PM
Ralph? He just talks randomly every now and again and pauses for a real long time. Keeps saying we need to get lucky...I'm just happy to have a job!

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

how are you going to handle his constant meddling? will you stand up to him as far as team decisions goes?