• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Nix already making excuses

He said this position comes with a learning curve.

Need someone with character.

No matter who the Bills present, will have negative implications from the fans and media.
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

• Canadian'eh!
    • Mar 2004

Re: Nix already making excuses

Originally posted by northernbillfan
    He said this position comes with a learning curve.

Need someone with character.

No matter who the Bills present, will have negative implications from the fans and media.

BULL****.

Cowher, Dungy, Gruden, Schottenheimer all would have been hero's.

Harbaugh, Grimm, Fraizer, Schotty Jr and Billick even would have kept the fans at least mostly ok.

Comment

• northernbillfan

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

He was covering his ass on this one.
      When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• JD
        Sabres Zone
        • Sep 2003

I loved where.. hes asked.. "how do you calm down a frustrated fan base in light of the coaching situation" ...he responds (un-mic'd): "WIN GAMES!"

lol
        “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• Ingtar33
          Dances With Buffaloes
          • Sep 2002

Gailey also just said that he doesn't know who he'll hire as coaches.. and doesn't know the roster so he doesn't know what schemes he'll play (on either side of the ball).

love it when the head coach doesn't know the roster, or have an obvious plan for his coaching staff.

it sounds like they called him up out of the blue while he was fishing and said "you want to be our coach?" and Gailey said "why not, right after i catch myself a catfish for dinner, lets talk after dinner about the money"
          Last edited by Ingtar33; 01-19-2010, 01:39 PM.
          My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• northernbillfan

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ingtar33
            Gailey also just said that he doesn't know who he'll hire as coaches.. and doesn't know the roster so he doesn't know what schemes he'll play (on either side of the ball).

love it when the head coach doesn't know the roster, or have an obvious plan for his coaching staff.

it sounds like they called him up out of the blue while he was fishing and said "you want to be our coach?" and Gailey said "why not, right after i catch myself a catfish for dinner, lets talk after dinner about the money"

Comment

• Mudflap1
              Next Question!
              • Nov 2004

Exactly.

Comment

• Typ0
                honey pie
                • Jul 2002

It's true though. I got the same feeling when I heard Levy say he didn't understand the salary cap. The guy is selling crap. He has no plan. He does not understand the animal he's working with right now. He accepted a position without any vision of how he was going to be succesful. He's happy to have a job.

Comment

• northernbillfan

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Typ0
                  It's true though. I got the same feeling when I heard Levy say he didn't understand the salary cap. The guy is selling crap. He has no plan. He does not understand the animal he's working with right now. He accepted a position without any vision of how he was going to be succesful. He's happy to have a job.
                  Wasn't that the criteria Buffalo was looking for?

Comment

• Thief
                    • Sep 2009

Count me in the minority, but I happen to like the idea he plans to assess the strengths of the roster prior to implementing his strategy.

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
                      • Mar 2004

I remember all the Billick and Cowher news when they said those 2 were making contacts for a staff.

IT was reported that anyone interviewing for a HC job will ALWAYS want to cover all their bases. They need to lay out who they want to hire (and that they can get them), what their vision for the team is in scheme and playcalling, How the current players fit his vision, where changes need to be made, and what they think of the team as it is.

Apparently we didn't bother with any of that. wow.
                      Last edited by Canadian'eh!; 01-19-2010, 02:23 PM.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                        • Mar 2005

Ralph does not care and the last year proved it.

Comment

• Oaf
                          Do you read what you write?
                          • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Thief
                          Count me in the minority, but I happen to like the idea he plans to assess the strengths of the roster prior to implementing his strategy.
                          Agreed.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                            • Mar 2005

The funniest thing is that I thought I was already prepared for a terrible outcome for GM and coach and Ralph actually out did me.

I have lost all interest in this team.

Comment

• Dujek
                              Hall of Fame Zoner
                              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Thief
                              Exactly. When the Chiefs offense was gutted by injury he assessed the players he had available, completely re-wrote the playbook and made Tyler Thigpen look good.

Pity he wasn't allowed to do the same with their defense, or they might have won a few more games.

Comment

Working...
                              X