PDA

View Full Version : Nix already making excuses

northernbillfan
01-19-2010, 01:19 PM
He said this position comes with a learning curve.

Need someone with character.

No matter who the Bills present, will have negative implications from the fans and media.

Canadian'eh!
01-19-2010, 01:24 PM

Need someone with character.

No matter who the Bills present, will have negative implications from the fans and media.

BULL****.

Cowher, Dungy, Gruden, Schottenheimer all would have been hero's.

Harbaugh, Grimm, Fraizer, Schotty Jr and Billick even would have kept the fans at least mostly ok.

northernbillfan
01-19-2010, 01:24 PM
He was covering his ass on this one.

JD
01-19-2010, 01:30 PM
I loved where.. hes asked.. "how do you calm down a frustrated fan base in light of the coaching situation" ...he responds (un-mic'd): "WIN GAMES!"

lol

Ingtar33
01-19-2010, 01:36 PM
Gailey also just said that he doesn't know who he'll hire as coaches.. and doesn't know the roster so he doesn't know what schemes he'll play (on either side of the ball).

love it when the head coach doesn't know the roster, or have an obvious plan for his coaching staff.

it sounds like they called him up out of the blue while he was fishing and said "you want to be our coach?" and Gailey said "why not, right after i catch myself a catfish for dinner, lets talk after dinner about the money"

northernbillfan
01-19-2010, 01:44 PM
Gailey also just said that he doesn't know who he'll hire as coaches.. and doesn't know the roster so he doesn't know what schemes he'll play (on either side of the ball).

love it when the head coach doesn't know the roster, or have an obvious plan for his coaching staff.

it sounds like they called him up out of the blue while he was fishing and said "you want to be our coach?" and Gailey said "why not, right after i catch myself a catfish for dinner, lets talk after dinner about the money":rofl:

Mudflap1
01-19-2010, 01:45 PM

it sounds like they called him up out of the blue while he was fishing and said "you want to be our coach?" and Gailey said "why not, right after i catch myself a catfish for dinner, lets talk after dinner about the money"

Exactly.

Typ0
01-19-2010, 01:45 PM
It's true though. I got the same feeling when I heard Levy say he didn't understand the salary cap. The guy is selling crap. He has no plan. He does not understand the animal he's working with right now. He accepted a position without any vision of how he was going to be succesful. He's happy to have a job.

northernbillfan
01-19-2010, 01:53 PM
It's true though. I got the same feeling when I heard Levy say he didn't understand the salary cap. The guy is selling crap. He has no plan. He does not understand the animal he's working with right now. He accepted a position without any vision of how he was going to be succesful. He's happy to have a job.Wasn't that the criteria Buffalo was looking for?

Thief
01-19-2010, 01:56 PM
Count me in the minority, but I happen to like the idea he plans to assess the strengths of the roster prior to implementing his strategy.

Canadian'eh!
01-19-2010, 02:02 PM

I remember all the Billick and Cowher news when they said those 2 were making contacts for a staff.

IT was reported that anyone interviewing for a HC job will ALWAYS want to cover all their bases. They need to lay out who they want to hire (and that they can get them), what their vision for the team is in scheme and playcalling, How the current players fit his vision, where changes need to be made, and what they think of the team as it is.

Apparently we didn't bother with any of that. wow.

HHURRICANE
01-19-2010, 02:12 PM

Ralph does not care and the last year proved it.

Oaf
01-19-2010, 02:14 PM
Count me in the minority, but I happen to like the idea he plans to assess the strengths of the roster prior to implementing his strategy.
Agreed.

HHURRICANE
01-19-2010, 02:17 PM
The funniest thing is that I thought I was already prepared for a terrible outcome for GM and coach and Ralph actually out did me.

I have lost all interest in this team.

Dujek
01-19-2010, 02:18 PM

Exactly. When the Chiefs offense was gutted by injury he assessed the players he had available, completely re-wrote the playbook and made Tyler Thigpen look good.

Pity he wasn't allowed to do the same with their defense, or they might have won a few more games.

M
01-19-2010, 02:19 PM

I thought he said that in reference as to why he wanted someone with HC experience and not an assistant who would have to learn on the job.

Dujek
01-19-2010, 02:19 PM
The funniest thing is that I thought I was already prepared for a terrible outcome for GM and coach and Ralph actually out did me.

I have lost all interest in this team.

Good, you can stop posting now.

OpIv37
01-19-2010, 02:22 PM
Our roster has strengths? Since when?

Dujek
01-19-2010, 02:27 PM
Our roster has strengths? Since when?

Byrd
Levitre
Wood
Jackson
Evans
Owens (if re-signed)
Posluszny
Schobel (if he doesn't retire)
Stroud
Spencer Johnson
Whitner (I know you hate him, but he is at least servicable)
McGee
McKelvin
Florence

Everyone else can **** off though, so he has a hell of a task on his hands.

Jan Reimers
01-19-2010, 02:32 PM
That's exactly what any rational person would do, and that's why you and a few more of us are in the minority. The lynch mob on here is too far gone to listen to reason.

Mudflap1
01-19-2010, 02:33 PM
lynch mob

:rofl:

ZAZusmc03
01-19-2010, 02:35 PM
I think if anyone feels that Cowher could have made us a playoff contender next season is high. No coach could do that with our team, Give the man some time to see what he can do.

I, by no means, am excited about this, But I do feel like we have to see what he puts out onto the field next season. Will we improve? IF so, how much is needed to make the fans happy?

ArcticWildMan
01-19-2010, 02:37 PM
I think if anyone feels that Cowher could have made us a playoff contender next season is high. No coach could do that with our team, Give the man some time to see what he can do.

I, by no means, am excited about this, But I do feel like we have to see what he puts out onto the field next season. Will we improve? IF so, how much is needed to make the fans happy?

All I want to see is the team to play with an attitude. Once we get that mindset, the wins will follow.

Granted, Gailey isn't Bill Cowher, but he does bring some fire with him which is a lot more than the past few coaches.

Historian
01-19-2010, 02:39 PM

" Can you hold on a minute Charlie...I got a guy comin in here in about an hour for some radial tires." -James Gammon, Major League.

ZAZusmc03
01-19-2010, 02:40 PM
All I want to see is the team to play with an attitude. Once we get that mindset, the wins will follow.

Granted, Gailey isn't Bill Cowher, but he does bring some fire with him which is a lot more than the past few coaches.

I couldn't agree with you more. I just want to see the team come out with fire that they havent had in years. Show attitude and emotion both on the field and on the sidelines. Smashmouth football with an attitude. How the Bills should always play football but havent had the leader to drive them.

ddaryl
01-19-2010, 03:26 PM
That's exactly what any rational person would do, and that's why you and a few more of us are in the minority. The lynch mob on here is too far gone to listen to reason.

are you serious

year after year of insane crap.. and we're supposed to be reasonable> All of sudden this franchise has all the right people in place for a turn aorund when they haven't done anythign besides promote 2 insiders and hired a head coach that nobody was interested in ????????????????

the resonable ship has sailed, and MAKE SURE YOU PLACE THE BLAME WHERE IT BELONGS FOR THIS. It's not us fans.. it is Ralph and Co.... they've made the bed, and forced us to sleep in it, and we're not very happy with our comfort settings

I know I'm not supporting this team finacially until they prove they are a superbowl contender. Why waste hard earned money.. they need to earn my money this time, lets see if they can do it

madness
01-19-2010, 03:30 PM
Case closed, Jan. :snicker:

Jan Reimers
01-19-2010, 03:38 PM
are you serious

year after year of insane crap.. and we're supposed to be reasonable> All of sudden this franchise has all the right people in place for a turn aorund when they haven't done anythign besides promote 2 insiders and hired a head coach that nobody was interested in ????????????????

the resonable ship has sailed, and MAKE SURE YOU PLACE THE BLAME WHERE IT BELONGS FOR THIS. It's not us fans.. it is Ralph and Co.... they've made the bed, and forced us to sleep in it, and we're not very happy with our comfort settings

I know I'm not supporting this team finacially until they prove they are a superbowl contender. Why waste hard earned money.. they need to earn my money this time, lets see if they can do it
Jeez, dd, you pretty much just proved my point. I used to agree with many of your posts, but now you just rant and rave and scream about everything. How do you know with such maniacal zeal that Nix and Gailey won't succeed.?

Dicknoze69
01-19-2010, 03:55 PM
Jeez, dd, you pretty much just proved my point. I used to agree with many of your posts, but now you just rant and rave and scream about everything. How do you know with such maniacal zeal that Nix and Gailey won't succeed.?

I think history indicates that they likely won't succeed. It's certainly possible but what has really changed from the past 10 years? If something isn't working, reason dictates that you don't keep doing it. Logically we should have blown everything up a while ago instead of shuffling titles around and promoting someone.

I think our big hope is they unearth a QB somewhere and for Nix to draft very well. If that happens, this works.

Jan Reimers
01-19-2010, 04:12 PM
I think history indicates that they likely won't succeed. It's certainly possible but what has really changed from the past 10 years? If something isn't working, reason dictates that you don't keep doing it. Logically we should have blown everything up a while ago instead of shuffling titles around and promoting someone.

I think our big hope is they unearth a QB somewhere and for Nix to draft very well. If that happens, this works.
I basically agree. I'm just not into the irrationality of consigning Nix and Gailey to failure before they even start. I'm encouraged by our last draft, where I think Nix played a key role, and I like Gailey's background. We need a QB, plus a DE, DT, LB, LT and WR.

It's a tall order, but I'm not going to assume failure already.

Cntrygal
01-19-2010, 06:21 PM
Well... I'm not going to assume failure either. But, I'm certainly not going to assume success either. That means, this will be another season I don't make it to a game or buy any official Bills gear. I'm still a fan, but I'm going to spend my money in other ways.

Dying_-2-_Live
01-19-2010, 06:30 PM
Byrd
Levitre
Wood
Jackson
Evans
Owens (if re-signed)
Posluszny
Schobel (if he doesn't retire)
Stroud
Spencer Johnson
Whitner (I know you hate him, but he is at least servicable)
McGee
McKelvin
Florence

Everyone else can **** off though, so he has a hell of a task on his hands.

You forgot Kyle Williams...

Typ0
01-19-2010, 06:49 PM
I'm not assuming failure because of Nix or Gailey ... it's Wilson and the same old same old that has me convinced. I'm really excited about Gailey's all encompassing plan which is to "win football games" and punt, pass, kick and tackle. Nothing is going to get us going faster than that. With all those resources available and the consistent vision from above without question we're in great shape.

I basically agree. I'm just not into the irrationality of consigning Nix and Gailey to failure before they even start. I'm encouraged by our last draft, where I think Nix played a key role, and I like Gailey's background. We need a QB, plus a DE, DT, LB, LT and WR.

It's a tall order, but I'm not going to assume failure already.

jimbohastle51
01-19-2010, 08:42 PM
after his ballsy ass comment today about not caring about what the fan base thinks of the hire and that basically we will get on board "in a year" and YES HE SAID 1 YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! when we win i will give his old ******ed a$$ no lead way. he gets 9 wins this year or he can have a heart attack for all i care. his old redneck a$$ is mentally challenged to think that gailey will win THIS SEASON, AND YES AGAIN THAT IS WHAT HE SAID IN THE PRESS CONFERENCE.