PDA

View Full Version : 3-4 defense

Mathja
01-19-2010, 01:34 PM
said it was a pain in the neck to play against.

JD
01-19-2010, 01:35 PM
Yep just heard that.. he said he doesn't understand why coaches didn't want to come here...stated rich Bills history and passionate fans of Bills Nation.

BuffaloBillsHeart
01-19-2010, 01:36 PM
The guy sure has passion

OpIv37
01-19-2010, 01:45 PM
Let's be realistic though. This D is 2-3 off-seasons from having 3-4 personnel. Don't get me wrong- I hate the C2 and wouldn't mind the switch. I just know it's not realistic to expect immediate results due solely to a change in philosophy.

mikemac2001
01-19-2010, 01:48 PM
Let's be realistic though. This D is 2-3 off-seasons from having 3-4 personnel. Don't get me wrong- I hate the C2 and wouldn't mind the switch. I just know it's not realistic to expect immediate results due solely to a change in philosophy.

Draft a Big Strong NT

Move stroud to end and williams/johnson other end

Maybin/ Schobel OLB (if he comes back)

Poz and HOLE

secondary is fine

i really don't think we are that far off

Our front 7 won't be great but i think its better then what we got right now

but your right depends on draft really

!Papacrunk!
01-19-2010, 01:50 PM
Draft a Big Strong NT

Poz and HOLE

secondary is fine

Good luck with the NT--we've been trying to find one since the Satan days and that position sure doesn't grow on trees

mikemac2001
01-19-2010, 01:51 PM
Good luck with the NT--we've been trying to find one since the Satan days and that position sure doesn't grow on trees

can we trade whitner for ngata?

:(

mikemac2001
01-19-2010, 01:51 PM

gonzo1105
01-19-2010, 01:52 PM

A guy named Terrence Cody is out there in the draft this year at 365 .. I think he would do the trick. Also two 3-4 DT's that are pretty damn good are FA's in Casey Hampton and Vince Wilfork.

!Papacrunk!
01-19-2010, 01:53 PM
A guy named Terrence Cody is out there in the draft this year at 365 .. I think he would do the trick. Also two 3-4 DT's that are pretty damn good are FA's in Casey Hampton and Vince Wilfork.

this is why it sucks each year when teams go to the 3-4---more competition for these tough to fill positions

Jeff1220
01-19-2010, 01:55 PM
I really don't mind 4-3 - I just don't like the C2.

Beebe's Kid
01-19-2010, 01:57 PM
Draft a Big Strong NT

Poz and HOLE

secondary is fine

I bet Schobel is gone.

Mathja
01-19-2010, 01:58 PM
Wilfork....former bills fan...fits the 3-4 nose tackle position to a T....but buddy said they didn't want to spend big for free agents.

plug in wilfork. draft rolando mcclain and put him next to poz. maybin on the outside. mitchell on the other outside (or schobel, depending on his retirmement situation). Stroud could definitely fit in at one of the ends. the secondary is completely solid and set.

!Papacrunk!
01-19-2010, 02:00 PM
Wilfork....former bills fan...fits the 3-4 nose tackle position to a T....but buddy said they didn't want to spend big for free agents.

plug in wilfork. draft rolando mcclain and put him next to poz. maybin on the outside. mitchell on the other outside (or schobel, depending on his retirmement situation). Stroud could definitely fit in at one of the ends. the secondary is completely solid and set.

Can't stand Wilfork, but I might if he was wearing another Miami jersey. Same thing happened with Pennington lol

madness
01-19-2010, 02:10 PM

I'm not expecting the team to win a SB in the next 2-3 years. Let's get it right and build a strong foundation first.

The Jokeman
01-19-2010, 02:41 PM
Wilfolk is only an UFA if the league goes with a cap next year, Hampton is a solid choice but I can't imagine Pittsburgh will let him go easily.

BigZ
01-19-2010, 02:43 PM

Pass me some of that stuff you're smoking!

:blowup:

Jaybird
01-19-2010, 02:45 PM

packers did it in one season

Don't Panic
01-19-2010, 03:00 PM

I'd say 1-2, but point taken. I think we could just go to a base 4-3 and get some LBers who can blitz... if we're full-on rebuilding, make the switch to a 3-4; if we want to try and be competitive next season, which would require getting a talented veteran QB, stick with the 4-3.

BillsFanCupp38
01-19-2010, 03:01 PM
Honestly I think the Buffalo Bills personel is more suited to play a 3-4 than a 4-3. If you don't believe that just ask all the coaches who no longer have jobs with the bills because the couldnt get it done. I believe they had no clue what they were doing when it came to drafting players for their tampa 2 scheme. Two 240 pound D-Ends?!?! Are you for real? Small D tackles that would fit better as 3-4 D-Ends. Small line backers better suited for rushing the passer?!?! The personel for this team has 3-4 written all over it minus one huge D tackle and another for depth. DONE! 3-4 defense has been built without even realizing it because the last coaching staff was so incompitent they had no idea what they were doing.

AB4now
01-19-2010, 03:07 PM
packers did it in one season packers did do it in one season but they did it with a strong d coordinator. we will just have to see who chan brings in. maybin may be alot better off as a 3-4 OLB. Poz could be a good OLB too, but we will need a very big NT. :chug:

The Jokeman
01-19-2010, 03:15 PM
packers did it in one season
and Aaron Kampman struggled as an OLB. Also they have much better CBs then we do and at least have some size at the DE position which we lack. I don't like the idea of switching to the 3-4 as it will probably lead us to lose our best defensive player in Schobel.