PDA

View Full Version : Why are the Bills under any obligation

EricStratton
01-19-2010, 02:37 PM
Why is Chan under any obligation to tell the press and fans on the day of a hiring what coordinators he will hire before contacting them or what style he want sto run before making his hires and fully evaluating his players.

Why does Nix have to tell us who was interviewed/contacted/offered the coaching job.

Why do they have to tell us who turned down an interview or who didn't.

The anger because we were left out of the loop in a million dollar decision baffles me.

ArcticWildMan
01-19-2010, 02:40 PM
Welcome to the age of the armchair football expert. For all the bravado on this site, not a single soul on this board really understands what it takes to run an NFL team. Many think they do, but their ignorance just blinds them.

Ebenezer
01-19-2010, 02:40 PM
Why is Chan under any obligation to tell the press and fans on the day of a hiring what coordinators he will hire before contacting them or what style he want sto run before making his hires and fully evaluating his players.

Why does Nix have to tell us who was interviewed/contacted/offered the coaching job.

Why do they have to tell us who turned down an interview or who didn't.

The anger because we were left out of the loop in a million dollar decision baffles me.

Because it is OUR team, dammit. My life and death and very existance depends on all that information. I am nothing without it.

/sarcasm

Historian
01-19-2010, 02:41 PM
They do if they're asking for your money.

As a former season ticket holder, I'm expecting the call around March 1st.

Dr. Lecter
01-19-2010, 02:42 PM
They do if they're asking for your money.

As a former season ticket holder, I'm expecting the call around March 1st.

If you expect an explanation into the hiring decisions of every private company that you spend money on, you will be very, very busy.

Historian
01-19-2010, 02:44 PM
Then they don't get my money.

Simpler.

Ebenezer
01-19-2010, 02:44 PM
Welcome to the age of the armchair football expert. For all the bravado on this site, not a single soul on this board really understands what it takes to run an NFL team. Many think they do, but their ignorance just blinds them.

A little break here, please? We might not understand fully what it takes but we can appreciate the difficulty. Is that fair?

ArcticWildMan
01-19-2010, 02:47 PM
A little break here, please? We might not understand fully what it takes but we can appreciate the difficulty. Is that fair?

I don't know if a break is warranted. You got folks already crying that we took too long and all the good coordinators are gone.

Next, people are going to ***** and moan about who gets the various coordinator and position coach openings.

The vast majority here think they have all the answers.

Ebenezer
01-19-2010, 02:50 PM
I don't know if a break is warranted. You got folks already crying that we took too long and all the good coordinators are gone.

Next, people are going to ***** and moan about who gets the various coordinator and position coach openings.

I'm not disagreeing that...just trying to say that there are some of us who understand. You did say single soul.

ArcticWildMan
01-19-2010, 02:53 PM
I'm not disagreeing that...just trying to say that there are some of us who understand. You did say single soul.

OK, there are a few of us here who aren't looking for the highest ledge to jump off (but that number is very small)!

Ebenezer
01-19-2010, 02:53 PM
OK, there are a few of us here who aren't looking for the highest ledge to jump off (but that number is very small)!

that I'll agree with :hi5:

Historian
01-19-2010, 02:56 PM

The vast majority do...and quicker than the half-wits at 1BD.

Everybody here knew Jauron had to go at the end of last year, yet it took eleven months longer for the Bills "brain-trust" (a mis-nomer if I ever heard one) to figure it out.

So why is that?

Why is it that the averege Joe Sixpack understands what the team needs before the brain-dead at 1bd?

Stewie
01-19-2010, 03:00 PM

It aint rocket science. You need:

billions of dollars
a huge budget
a competent general manager
to stay out of the way
something to keep yourself busy*

*might I suggest juggling 28 year old girlfriendds.

Buckets
01-19-2010, 03:07 PM
The vast majority do...and quicker than the half-wits at 1BD.

Everybody here knew Jauron had to go at the end of last year, yet it took eleven months longer for the Bills "brain-trust" (a mis-nomer if I ever heard one) to figure it out.

So why is that?

Why is it that the averege Joe Sixpack understands what the team needs before the brain-dead at 1bd?

We all also know that Jauron got his extension after the 5 & 1 start. It just wasn't publicized wntill later.

DynaPaul
01-19-2010, 04:28 PM
Because we pay their bills with ticket, concession, and merchandise sales. We're like the shareholders here.

YardRat
01-19-2010, 04:31 PM

I actually do have all the answers, if you read my posts carefully.

ArcticWildMan
01-19-2010, 04:32 PM
Because we pay their bills with ticket, concession, and merchandise sales. We're like the shareholders here.

And if Gailey/Nix don't right the ship, ticket sales will reflect that. This is pretty much the last chance for Ralph. If this flops, the Bills will never field a winning team in his lifetime.

Time will tell how this works.

Ebenezer
01-19-2010, 05:28 PM
really? that is a spit in the bucket to their bottom line. If you were shareholders you would get a dividend...you are end users...