The biggest lesson in the Nix and Gailey hirings...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

The biggest lesson in the Nix and Gailey hirings...

Keep calm and resist the urge to follow the speculators/reporters/sources. Sorry, but for two weeks all we got were thirty threads a day about "my sources", "this is for real", "it's hot". It was all garbage. Let the speculators speculate but at the end of the day nobody knows what is going to happen because these things are very fluid. People need to just let processes play out. Take an active interest but don't go so overboard that the credibility levels crash. How many Cowher threads did we get? We all fail to remember sometimes that in a world of 24/7 media that these guys have to have something to report. Even the wildest rumor will take legs if you let it grow.

Sorry if by saying this I hurt anybody's feelings but right now there are a lot of folks (reporters/speculators/message board instigators) with egg on their face and others (fans) who are hugely disappointed. We all wanted Cowher; we all wanted the home run. It's fun to discuss and dream of the possibilities but so many took it so seriously that emotions were too highly pinned to the mental masturbation of others. Have fun but don't let it control your reactions.

/rant

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • soapman
    • Jan 2008

Re: The biggest lesson in the Nix and Gailey hirings...

LOL @ the flight followings...

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Originally posted by soapman
      LOL @ the flight followings...

LMAO!!! That was classic!!!

Comment

• Demon
        • Mar 2003

lol the flight thing was entertaining. The media warned us that our coaching search was going to be crazy. It was. But, the topic here is 100% right. We got pulled in too many times for bogus reports. I am not saying people made things up, but, their "sources" probably shouldn't be "sources". Patrick Moran needs to stick to just reporting facts on his web site because honestly, everything he said during the coach search was absolutely wrong. Gotta check those sources before telling a forum with thousands of readings about insider stuff. The lack of truth coming from some of these people was very disappointing.
        Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
          I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
          • May 2005

Funny, I had this exact same conversation with somebody else already today... And this is why I didn't do all the link chasing and reading into every little thing mentioned, because in the end, Gailey wasn't even on the radar until yesterday basically.

Comment

Working...
          X