PDA

View Full Version : I'm fed up with Ralph

patmoran2006
01-19-2010, 04:18 PM
I at least ATTEMPT to remain a little more nuetral when it comes to the Bills since I have my own website/business-- in some regards its my job to tell a story and not be a part of it.

But I"m done with Ralph Wilson.. Done
This was a money-ball hire, nothing more nothing less..

This news about Schottenheimer makes me sick, and not even so much interviewing Bilick if for nothing else to pick his brain is worse.

I'm calling him out going forward, on a daily basis.

He scathed fans, and now I"m going to go after him

ArcticWildMan
01-19-2010, 04:21 PM
Not trying to beat up on you Pat, but I hardly think Ralph is going to lose sleep over you calling him out.

Until Marty confirms that he wanted to come here, you are risking looking like a fool.

Crisis
01-19-2010, 04:21 PM
**** ralph wilson

this is BEYOND RIDICULOUS

HHURRICANE
01-19-2010, 04:23 PM
I at least ATTEMPT to remain a little more nuetral when it comes to the Bills since I have my own website/business-- in some regards its my job to tell a story and not be a part of it.

This news about Schottenheimer makes me sick, and not even so much interviewing Bilick if for nothing else to pick his brain is worse.

Sadly, I was telling everyone this 2 years ago and everyone was giving him a pass. Hell, there are people on here right now giving him a pass.

This was a money move for sure. I think if there is a lockout I'm not so sure the Bills come back to Buffalo. I think Ralph already knows this and this is where we are at.

HHURRICANE
01-19-2010, 04:25 PM
Not trying to beat up on you Pat, but I hardly think Ralph is going to lose sleep over you calling him out.

Until Marty confirms that he wanted to come here, you are risking looking like a fool.

Even if Marty didn't want to come here hiring Gailey without interviewing other canidates is just insane.

Nix and Gailey. Seriously.

If we had written that tandem down two months ago people on this board would have laughed. Matter-of-fact two months ago neither one of their names ever came up.

Demon
01-19-2010, 04:26 PM

LOL um ok?

What is this going to solve?

patmoran2006
01-19-2010, 04:27 PM
I never gave him a pass.

I'm just supposed to be responsbile enough to report news unbiased.

But I'm done with him.. This is it for me.

I have a little **** website, but guess what, love it or hate its out there and big time and I'm taking advantage of it to start sending some emotion towards One Bills Drive.

Unlike most publications or blogs, I could care less about working with the team and getting credentials for games and practices.. I'm done letting them obstruct my viewpoints out of fear they "wont work with me" on future things.

Historian
Perhaps fans can have a court declare him non compos mentis.

At the very least, fans should get a class action suit against the team for fraud.

ArcticWildMan
Even if Marty didn't want to come here hiring Gailey without interviewing other canidates is just insane.

Nix and Gailey. Seriously.

If we had written that tandem down two months ago people on this board would have laughed. Matter-of-fact two months ago neither one of their names ever came up.

Are you positive no other candidates were interviewed? Considering NOBODY had a clue we had talked to Gailey, it isn't hard to believe that their were other interviews that nobody knew about.

patmoran2006
01-19-2010, 04:29 PM
You line up 100 GM's not named Buddy Nix and 100 owners not named Ralph Wilson in a room.

And you put Marty Schottenheimer and Chan Gailey side by side, and all 100 of them will take Schottenheimer, 100% of the time.

Demon
01-19-2010, 04:29 PM
Pat, you need them more then they need you.

If anything, don't be mad at Ralph, if i were you, i'd be mad at your "sources" who have steered you wrong the past 3 weeks, almost each and every day.

Philagape
01-19-2010, 04:30 PM
They did meet with Frazier, apparently Harbaugh, and Cowher.
Harbaugh and Gailey we didn't know about until well after the fact

BillsWin
01-19-2010, 04:31 PM
He basically spat in every Bills fan's face with the dick move of not hiring Schottenheimer because he was "uncomfortable with him".

The guy used to be a player for Ralph, really wanted the job, would have been a part of the community, would have made the fans happy and would have won.

There are not words to describe how angry and betrayed I feel.

The Bills won't get another cent out of me until that sorry excuse for an owner is dead.

Knowing me, and knowing how much the Bills mean to me I probably can't follow through. But trust me, I don't want anything to do with that bastard anymore.

I was just asked to go on the local sports talk radio station to discuss the hiring tomorrow and I declined the $400 cash I would get from doing the remote because I don't think I could contain my anger.

Philagape
01-19-2010, 04:31 PM
Sadly, I was telling everyone this 2 years ago and everyone was giving him a pass. Hell, there are people on here right now giving him a pass.

This was a money move for sure. I think if there is a lockout I'm not so sure the Bills come back to Buffalo. I think Ralph already knows this and this is where we are at.

Everyone was giving Ralph a pass :rofl:

patmoran2006
01-19-2010, 04:32 PM
Pat, you need them more then they need you.

If anything, don't be mad at Ralph, if i were you, i'd be mad at your "sources" who have steered you wrong the past 3 weeks, almost each and every day.

I haven't had a lot of sources nor have I even attempted to report on a lot of breaking news.

Beebe's Kid
01-19-2010, 04:34 PM

It is your being to close to your subject....

Pat, i respect your work, and your work ethic. I enjoy your posts, and applaud you diligence during this whole time of uncertainty.

The truth is calling out Ralph, for you, does nothing more than leave you with Schopp and Bulldog.... disgruntled, and out in the cold, professionally.

We all love the Bills, and for better or for worse, Ralph is the owner, and is going to make decisions, whether you or I like them or not. This is what makes him a successful business owner. He is out of touch, and I am not giving him a pass, but he holds the keys to the kingdom.

Obviously, you are a big boy, and a professional, and you will make your own choices. If only selfishly, because I like your posts, it would behoove you to try to get into good graces with the organization to have a real "in." I am of the opinion that the team would really love to have a local media outlet that they trusted...Sully, Schopp, Bullfrog, all out.

I want to cry about the Schotty info, but chances are it isn't real, and even if it is...what am I going to do? Stop liking the Bills? Not happening.

For better or for worse, hate to keep using that but it fits so well, Ralph will not be around forever. Then, we will have to worry about a new owner, the possibility of moving, the stadium, etc. It will always be something, and it would be great if you were our guy on the inside!!!

Jan Reimers
01-19-2010, 04:42 PM
Pat, leave your emotions out of it. Report Bills' news objectively, and write the occasional, clearly marked editorial piece when you want to go after Ralph or anyone else.

Otherwise, your site will have little credibility.

patmoran2006
01-19-2010, 04:44 PM
I am disgruntled right now.

And I know it sounds cliche, but I really feel for the fans who spend their money, a lot of them having to save their money to be able to enjoy a Sunday at the Stadium, just for Wilson to continue to line his pockets with this nonsense.

Wilson stepped up vocally this year, saying money isnt an object and he's committed to winning.

Then we dont even SNIFF a GM from the outside, and we hire a guy who I promise you is among the top 3 lowest paid coaches in the NFL when his salary is revealed.

Oh, and at least as of now, Modrak and Guy still have jobs.

C'mon man.. Wilson isn't committed to winning.. He's committed to COMFORT

direbills
01-19-2010, 04:55 PM

And I know it sounds cliche, but I really feel for the fans who spend their money, a lot of them having to save their money to be able to enjoy a Sunday at the Stadium, just for Wilson to continue to line his pockets with this nonsense.

Wilson stepped up vocally this year, saying money isnt an object and he's committed to winning.

Then we dont even SNIFF a GM from the outside, and we hire a guy who I promise you is among the top 3 lowest paid coaches in the NFL when his salary is revealed.

Great Post! As long as it does not affect you professionally, I say go after the worst owner in the NFL. I absolutely detest him.

I am also appalled at all the losers who are on board with this hire. Hit the SENILE ONE where it hurts and boycott the team.

Typ0
01-19-2010, 04:57 PM
Nothing has changed. He's been selling crap. He's so smug to have come out on several occasions and said no matter what he does people will come. That's what he believes. I have no doubt they leaked the numbers earlier in the process to make it look like they were willing to give that up. Now they can come back and say they were willing but no one wanted it. However, if this thing about Shotty turns out to be true that's some serious egg on their faces. Wilson wouldn't have been interested because he really didn't want to give up those dollars.

Billz_fan
01-19-2010, 04:59 PM

Welcome to the fold.

Jan Reimers
01-19-2010, 05:25 PM
Great Post! As long as it does not affect you professionally, I say go after the worst owner in the NFL. I absolutely detest him.

I am also appalled at all the losers who are on board with this hire. Hit the SENILE ONE where it hurts and boycott the team.
Why is everyone that sees some good things in Gailey's resume, and at least wants to give him a chance, a loser?

And why can't all of you folks who know the Bills' are doomed to eternal failure refrain from calling the rest of us names?

Yasgur's Farm
01-19-2010, 05:30 PM
Why is everyone that sees some good things in Gailey's resume, and at least wants to give him a chance, a loser?

And why can't all of you folks who know the Bills' are doomed to eternal failure refrain from calling the rest of us names?Agreed... It's like making fun of a person born blind. Being a Bills fan is a DNA thing... Born with it and will be for life. That's what separates us from band wagon fans.

Make no mistake... Being a fan and hoping moves pay-off does not deserve name calling from somebody who only desires to spew "I told you so".

mayotm
01-19-2010, 05:38 PM

This was a money move for sure. I think if there is a lockout I'm not so sure the Bills come back to Buffalo. I think Ralph already knows this and this is where we are at.Yep, as usual, you were about two years ahead of everybody. I wish I had the foresight that you do.

mayotm
01-19-2010, 05:40 PM

He scathed fans, and now I"m going to go after himRalph will rue the day. Your attempts at remaining neutral are a joke which is why you'll never be taken seriously as a journalist.

Ebenezer
01-19-2010, 05:47 PM
Pat, leave your emotions out of it. Report Bills' news objectively, and write the occasional, clearly marked editorial piece when you want to go after Ralph or anyone else.

Otherwise, your site will have little credibility.

Pat, I think you should listen here...just a hunch. Going on a tirade will just show folks how unprofessional you are. You started how many threads about every single little rumor and innuendo. You broadcast every tidbit of knowledge you supposedly gleaned from whatever source and pumped it up big time. You further went and started thread after thread after thread after you were told by the Admins here to stifle it and keep it all in one thread. You then started a billboard to let RW know to get Cowher here and had the nerve to say that even though your name and BSD were not on the Billboard that you were doing it to pimp your sight. You have been COMPLETELY unprofessional all along the way. People may say what they want about Clayton, Scheftner, King etc., etc., but they don't go around doing what you have done for the last 4-6 weeks. Run your site as you please but right now you have no credibility with me or many of the folks on here that I have talk to. Listen to Jan or you will go nowhere in this business fast. And look, I have no personal axe to grind against you but I am telling it like it is. Be thankful for the internet because I guess that gives you the right to do as you want but that sure doesn't make you a journalist and it sure doesn't make you professional. You are a Bills fan who has a personal web-blog you use to express your opinions....no more, no less.

billistic
01-19-2010, 05:47 PM

Hold on here: After being played for only 50 years, suddenly you're outraged?

Ebenezer
01-19-2010, 05:54 PM
Ouch. Your spot on but you were the wrong guy to say this eb!
why because I used to do the same here? i never made myself out to be anything I wasn't...it was never more than editorials for Billszone.

Aliceinchainsbills15
01-19-2010, 06:07 PM

Do what you got to do. I'm def behind you on this.

Ebenezer
01-19-2010, 06:19 PM
No, because this site is forging a relationship with PatMoran and you have a MOD title under your name.
while that may be true I feel I have a right to express my personal opinion, no?

Typ0
01-19-2010, 06:30 PM
while that may be true I feel I have a right to express my personal opinion, no?

It is a difficult problem the mods have. Kind of ruins the fun of the whole experience. I do understand...

unpaid_bills
01-19-2010, 06:31 PM
why would he/should he change. Fans still support year in year out, regardless of the product/quality put on the field. To be honest , if you were a big name coach why would you want to come to this mess and live in Buffalo as opposed to some other locations. Most of the big name coaches. Cowher, Gruden, Billik can be choosey they have nice TV gigs working alot less hours making pretty decent money am sure.

Granted we have a great fan base but thats it. Stadium is old/outdated no plans for anything new on the horizon, mediocre at best talent at most positions, just fired the entire coaching staff, havent made the playoffs in 10+ years, are pretty much looked at a joke in the NFL.

Typ0
01-19-2010, 06:33 PM
the healthier this franchise looks financially the better it looks to potential buyers. There is no stadium lease or or commitments. Anything can happen. That's where he wants to keep it.

why would he/should he change. Fans still support year in year out, regardless of the product/quality put on the field. To be honest , if you were a big name coach why would you want to come to this mess and live in Buffalo as opposed to some other locations. Most of the big name coaches. Cowher, Gruden, Billik can be choosey they have nice TV gigs working alot less hours making pretty decent money am sure.

Granted we have a great fan base but thats it. Stadium is old/outdated no plans for anything new on the horizon, mediocre at best talent at most positions, just fired the entire coaching staff, havent made the playoffs in 10+ years, are pretty much looked at a joke in the NFL.

Ebenezer
01-19-2010, 06:39 PM
It is a difficult problem the mods have. Kind of ruins the fun of the whole experience. I do understand...
thank you for understanding...and I as I said I have no axe to grind...if we are going to have an association with Pat then shouldn't I want Pat to be as professional as possible - wouldn't that boost BillsZone?...if he is unprofessional then we may look that way, too, no? just my thoughts.

ArcticWildMan
01-19-2010, 06:40 PM
Pat....Eb made some good points. It's your site to do as you like but you are getting way too emotionally involved. Your outburst last week telling folks to blow you hardly is going to garner you much respect. We used to have another guy on this site who was as passionate as you. He was trying his hand in sports writing like you as well. Unfortunately, his constant negativity and bad attitude resulted in him being pretty much run off the site and he lost all credibility as a writer.

I think he's settled on selling his wing sauce now.

Be careful or you will be labeled the same way.

ArcticWildMan
01-19-2010, 06:47 PM
Then BillsZone needs to think about that relationship not beat it down on the boards. You are acting unprofessional calling someone out for acting unprofessional. Delete these posts and take it behind the scenes and work it out. That would be my suggestion which I know isn't worth too much ;).

Then leave my post up because I'm not a staff member. Pat is well on his way to being Wys Jr.

PromoTheRobot
01-19-2010, 06:58 PM

What a joke! Look at your freakin' avatar!!! You have always hated Ralph and this team from day one. To say you held back somehow shows you have no concept of what journalists do. You are a fraud, a pretender, a hack, a loser with a website. You scammed people into buying your website a billboard. Yeah...go ahead and let Ralph have it. That's such a one-eighty from the old Pat Moran!

PTR

Cntrygal
01-19-2010, 07:38 PM
Quit with the personal attacks.

Demon
01-19-2010, 07:48 PM
The thing i don't understand is, this is Ralph Wilson's business and who are we to say who he can or can't hire? He owns the team for gods sake! He owes it to the fans to try to be the best, and obviously, he isn't all that fair to us, but if he doesn't want Marty to be his coach, then why should he?

Ebenezer
01-19-2010, 08:00 PM
The thing i don't understand is, this is Ralph Wilson's business and who are we to say who he can or can't hire? He owns the team for gods sake! He owes it to the fans to try to be the best, and obviously, he isn't all that fair to us, but if he doesn't want Marty to be his coach, then why should he?
while we are consumers football is not like a regular product...when coke changed its formula and people stopped buying it had to revert to coke-classic pronto...it doesn't work that way in the nfl any more. you can't not go to the game in protest. do that and give the owner opportunity to say there is no support and move the team. i'm not saying that fans should just bend over and take it but there's not a lot fans can do...

...and i am not dissing anybody here...we are all passionate and want this team to succeed but how many posters even live in Buffalo? how would their reaction even affect the team? is somebody in middle of anywhere, utah stomping their feet really affect anything? honest questions, sorry.

jimbohastle51
01-19-2010, 08:38 PM
its a sad day for bills fans PERIOD!!! gailey will not win here. finshing 7-5 for a few years at a college school shouldnt merit an NFL job, especially when the school thought so little of him that they fired him. and getting fired from KC after the team lost damn near every game while he was the OC shouldnt not merit a NFL HC job either. i am sure alot of you will say give him a chance and whatnot but really he doesnt deserve it. he is not a winner he is a average coach. we could have kept jauron and got to 7-9 or maybe 8-8 next year. so when gailey is 6-10 or 7-9 next year if not worse and he is telling buffalonians they need to be patient we will see how you feel. maybe a hire ago i would at least have been alittle optimistic but this smells cheap all over it. and pat is right, i guarantee that his salary is among the lowest in the league. it is a sad day.

Aliceinchainsbills15
01-19-2010, 09:05 PM
This is depressing

raphael120
01-19-2010, 11:07 PM
for people who would have thought anything different would happen, youre blind.

remember...jauron is still making 3 mil/year. you really think ralph was going to shell out much for another head coach? since russ brandon has taken control of the team, all you get is lip service. marketing. whats that, marv levy didnt do anything good? thats ok, ill be GM now and we'll draft some good players and trent edwards is going to be AWESOME! come on lemmings, buy tickets!

whats that bills fans? you dont like we extended jauron after another 7-9 season? how about we bring in T.O.! yeeeeahh! jump back on the bandwagon, lemmings!

whoops...we're now 6-10. but ya know what? we're willing to spend top dollar for a new GM and head coach! yea, lemmings, get excited!

and now this. i can almost guarantee another big FA hire to just create enough buzz to bring ticket sales up and make up for the lack of competence in the front office. i think ralph and russ take bills fans for a bunch of easily swayed chumps. at this point, do you really want the bills to stick around if this is what youll get season in and season out???

Novacane
01-19-2010, 11:16 PM
If my choice is the product and slap that Wilson has been giving us verse no football
team I am fine with no football team.

Mudflap1
01-19-2010, 11:20 PM

He owes it to the fans to hire the best candidate possible... because the fans have paid the bills and made this guy a billionaire over the last 50 years.

Mudflap1
01-19-2010, 11:23 PM
Pat, while I appreciate and share your anger for all of the same reasons, it isn't worth it. Vent, let it go, and get it out of your system. I have been ranting for a couple of days, and I have gotten it out of my system. It's time to move on. You know why?

Because no matter what you, me, or any fan or journalist does - RALPH WILSON DOES NOT CARE!

He is going to do whatever he wants, and he will jerk the fanbase around as much as he wants. Doesn't matter what we do.

SABURZFAN
01-20-2010, 08:37 AM
c'mon everybody.... "you're looking down the wrong side of the street."

:roflmao:

those words just make me laugh.

ChanGailey
01-20-2010, 11:42 AM
Who are you?

SABURZFAN
01-20-2010, 11:46 AM
Who are you?

you'll know as time goes on. :chug:

HHURRICANE
01-20-2010, 11:47 AM
This is it people. The end of this franchise.

I don't see us winning more than one game next year.

To make matters worse what coordinator is going to come here now??

SABURZFAN
01-20-2010, 11:49 AM

how many ZB's do you want to bet?

Ebenezer
01-20-2010, 11:54 AM

I got real money that says you are wrong.

Jan Reimers
01-20-2010, 11:59 AM

Oh, come on, HH, we now have a recognized talent evaluator at GM, and a head coach with a winning record in NFL. Last year we had Brandon and Jauron. These guys might not have been your picks, but you have to recognize that they're an improvement over last season.

Jan Reimers
01-20-2010, 12:01 PM
And HH, you've become a big part of the noise I was talking about in another thread.

Ron Burgundy
01-20-2010, 12:04 PM
This was a money-ball hire, nothing more nothing less...

I'm interested in how you see this is a "money-ball" hire.

PromoTheRobot
01-20-2010, 12:07 PM
Quit with the personal attacks.
Are you Pat's mom? Somebody needs to stand up and call this fraud out for what he is, since none of you will.

Funny that you have no problem with him attacking Ralph Wilson but, oh no pleeeease, don't say anything bad about Pat Moran. Make up lies about Ralph Wilson? Go right ahead. But don't ever accuse Pat of being a lying scheming piece of dog crap pretending to be a journalist.

PTR

bigbub2352
01-20-2010, 12:07 PM
cheap cheap cheap
i said it over and over again
thats all this is

Cntrygal
01-20-2010, 12:15 PM
while we are consumers football is not like a regular product...when coke changed its formula and people stopped buying it had to revert to coke-classic pronto...it doesn't work that way in the nfl any more. you can't not go to the game in protest. do that and give the owner opportunity to say there is no support and move the team. i'm not saying that fans should just bend over and take it but there's not a lot fans can do...

...and i am not dissing anybody here...we are all passionate and want this team to succeed but how many posters even live in Buffalo? how would their reaction even affect the team? is somebody in middle of anywhere, utah stomping their feet really affect anything? honest questions, sorry.

:mad: I don't stomp my feet in Utah. I ski. :tongue2:

trapezeus
01-20-2010, 12:23 PM

didn't you hear, HH? We don't need coordinators, we need teachers. so it's ok that no coordinators will come. we just need a couple teachers.

SABURZFAN
01-20-2010, 01:01 PM
cheap cheap cheap
i said it over and over again
thats all this is

somebody should dress up The Old Fart in a Big Bird outfit.

Ebenezer
01-20-2010, 01:15 PM
:mad: I don't stomp my feet in Utah. I ski. :tongue2:

Christ....I pick the one state where we have no members and I even get ****...yikes.

Cntrygal
01-20-2010, 02:47 PM
:biggrin: