X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Frazier must have turned down the job.

I'll take some crap for this but I'm sticking to my story that it was Frazier's job. Frazier had to have turned the job down and the Bills probably panicked knowing they couldn't afford another "no". So I think they hired Gailey pre-emptively to make it look like they had control of the situation.

This hiring makes no sense what so ever.
  • FlyingDutchman
    • Apr 2005

Re: Frazier must have turned down the job.

OMG just admit you were wrong....now this is just getting pathetic....i almost feel bad for you.....almost

Comment

• HHURRICANE
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by FlyingDutchman
      OMG just admit you were wrong....now this is just getting pathetic....i almost feel bad for you.....almost
      Dude, I paid my bet today. Frazier isn't the head coach. Chill. I think everyone here knows that.

You said it was a "no brainer" two days ago so you aren't a little curious how we ended up with Chan Gailey over Frazier?

Comment

• BoyILuvLoznStupidly
        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
        Dude, I paid my bet today. Frazier isn't the head coach. Chill. I think everyone here knows that.

You said it was a "no brainer" two days ago so you aren't a little curious how we ended up with Chan Gailey over Frazier?
        Chan came cheaper

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
          • Apr 2005

i basically said predicting that he would be the next coach wasnt going out on a limb and would be a no brainer to predict since he was the only one we interviewed (supposedly) besides the guy we fired

Comment

• HHURRICANE
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by BoyILuvLoznStupidly
            Chan came cheaper
            How sad that there is actually a ton of merit to this. Frazier's money had to go up after winning on Saturday.

Does anyone know what we are paying Gailey? Frazier was probably guarateed 3 million a year on the open market.

Comment

• Nighthawk
              Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
              • Jul 2002

It has been reported that the Bills really wanted an offensive guy and were waiting for Grimm and Garrett. My guess is that they were never really as interested in Frazier as was reported. As soon as Garrett & Grimm said they weren't interested, they found another candidate that would provide them with the offensive philosophy they were looking for. It's not who everybody wanted, but it also isn't completely shocking.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                • Jun 2005

I think you were and are wrong plain and simple

Comment

• BoyILuvLoznStupidly
                  • Sep 2009

How sad that there is actually a ton of merit to this. Frazier's money had to go up after winning on Saturday.

Does anyone know what we are paying Gailey? Frazier was probably guarateed 3 million a year on the open market.
                  I really think they were going with the lowest bidder here. Remember Ralph still owes Jauron 8 mill and would explain why Ralph turned down Marty imo.

Comment

• alohabillsfan
                    • Sep 2003

People please understand that Ralph is not an idiot, the only way to move this team is to totally piss off the fans... What really baffles the old bastard is that 10 years of crappiness has yet to alienate the die hard Bills fans! So in your face RALPH!!!

Comment

• Ebenezer
                      Give me a minute...
                      • Jul 2002

I'll take some crap for this but I'm sticking to my story that it was Frazier's job. Frazier had to have turned the job down and the Bills probably panicked knowing they couldn't afford another "no". So I think they hired Gailey pre-emptively to make it look like they had control of the situation.

This hiring makes no sense what so ever.
                      out your source and let Sal interview him...or put down the shovel and give it a rest...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• BidsJr
                        • Sep 2002

FAIL
                        "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• psubills62
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Sep 2008

My source said that the job was all Nick Saban's if he wanted it. But since they hired someone else, he must have turned it down.

Sorry, HH, but you can state that opinion all you want. You're the one who took the risk and declared Frazier the next head coach. Insist away, but people will still be much less likely to believe you next time around.
                          "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                          - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• psubills62
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Sep 2008

This hiring makes no sense what so ever
                            How does it not make sense? They specifically said, well before the Cowher fiasco, that they wanted an offensive mind with head coaching experience. Well, Gailey provides both of those things. Actually, Leslie Frazier would have made no sense. He provides no HC experience and he's not an offensive mind.
                            "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                            - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Patti120
                              • Aug 2004

NFLN, Jason Laconfora (spelling) just stated that Frazier would have taken the job if it was offered to him after the season. Just saw it on NFLN.

Comment

Working...
                              X