PDA

View Full Version : Frazier must have turned down the job.

HHURRICANE
01-19-2010, 04:50 PM
I'll take some crap for this but I'm sticking to my story that it was Frazier's job. Frazier had to have turned the job down and the Bills probably panicked knowing they couldn't afford another "no". So I think they hired Gailey pre-emptively to make it look like they had control of the situation.

This hiring makes no sense what so ever.

FlyingDutchman
01-19-2010, 05:08 PM
OMG just admit you were wrong....now this is just getting pathetic....i almost feel bad for you.....almost

HHURRICANE
01-19-2010, 05:14 PM
OMG just admit you were wrong....now this is just getting pathetic....i almost feel bad for you.....almost

Dude, I paid my bet today. Frazier isn't the head coach. Chill. I think everyone here knows that.

You said it was a "no brainer" two days ago so you aren't a little curious how we ended up with Chan Gailey over Frazier?

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-19-2010, 05:17 PM
Dude, I paid my bet today. Frazier isn't the head coach. Chill. I think everyone here knows that.

You said it was a "no brainer" two days ago so you aren't a little curious how we ended up with Chan Gailey over Frazier?

Chan came cheaper

FlyingDutchman
01-19-2010, 05:18 PM
i basically said predicting that he would be the next coach wasnt going out on a limb and would be a no brainer to predict since he was the only one we interviewed (supposedly) besides the guy we fired

HHURRICANE
01-19-2010, 05:20 PM
Chan came cheaper

How sad that there is actually a ton of merit to this. Frazier's money had to go up after winning on Saturday.

Does anyone know what we are paying Gailey? Frazier was probably guarateed 3 million a year on the open market.

Nighthawk
01-19-2010, 05:24 PM
It has been reported that the Bills really wanted an offensive guy and were waiting for Grimm and Garrett. My guess is that they were never really as interested in Frazier as was reported. As soon as Garrett & Grimm said they weren't interested, they found another candidate that would provide them with the offensive philosophy they were looking for. It's not who everybody wanted, but it also isn't completely shocking.

SquishDaFish
01-19-2010, 05:27 PM
I think you were and are wrong plain and simple

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-19-2010, 05:27 PM
How sad that there is actually a ton of merit to this. Frazier's money had to go up after winning on Saturday.

Does anyone know what we are paying Gailey? Frazier was probably guarateed 3 million a year on the open market.

I really think they were going with the lowest bidder here. Remember Ralph still owes Jauron 8 mill and would explain why Ralph turned down Marty imo.

alohabillsfan
01-19-2010, 05:32 PM
People please understand that Ralph is not an idiot, the only way to move this team is to totally piss off the fans... What really baffles the old bastard is that 10 years of crappiness has yet to alienate the die hard Bills fans! So in your face RALPH!!!

Ebenezer
01-19-2010, 05:39 PM
I'll take some crap for this but I'm sticking to my story that it was Frazier's job. Frazier had to have turned the job down and the Bills probably panicked knowing they couldn't afford another "no". So I think they hired Gailey pre-emptively to make it look like they had control of the situation.

out your source and let Sal interview him...or put down the shovel and give it a rest...

BidsJr
01-19-2010, 05:59 PM
FAIL

psubills62
01-19-2010, 06:02 PM
My source said that the job was all Nick Saban's if he wanted it. But since they hired someone else, he must have turned it down.

Sorry, HH, but you can state that opinion all you want. You're the one who took the risk and declared Frazier the next head coach. Insist away, but people will still be much less likely to believe you next time around.

psubills62
01-19-2010, 06:03 PM

How does it not make sense? They specifically said, well before the Cowher fiasco, that they wanted an offensive mind with head coaching experience. Well, Gailey provides both of those things. Actually, Leslie Frazier would have made no sense. He provides no HC experience and he's not an offensive mind.

Patti120
01-19-2010, 06:05 PM
NFLN, Jason Laconfora (spelling) just stated that Frazier would have taken the job if it was offered to him after the season. Just saw it on NFLN.

mayotm
01-19-2010, 06:06 PM
My source said that the job was all Nick Saban's if he wanted it. But since they hired someone else, he must have turned it down.

Sorry, HH, but you can state that opinion all you want. You're the one who took the risk and declared Frazier the next head coach. Insist away, but people will still be much less likely to believe you next time around.What people ever believe anything that HH writes? The dude has ZERO credibility.

psubills62
01-19-2010, 06:09 PM
What people ever believe anything that HH writes? The dude has ZERO credibility.

True. At least the Frazier thing was believable, though, as everyone thought Frazier would be our next HC.

ArcticWildMan
01-19-2010, 06:13 PM
NFLN, Jason Laconfora (spelling) just stated that Frazier would have taken the job if it was offered to him after the season. Just saw it on NFLN.

Go back to posts from last week and read how many people were ready to burn their fan card if we hired him. Now suddenly he's the great savior that we didn't hire?? I just don't get the mindset around here sometimes.

psubills62
01-19-2010, 06:16 PM
Go back to posts from last week and read how many people were ready to burn their fan card if hired him. Now suddenly he's the great savior that we didn't hire?? I just don't get the mindset around here sometimes.

Completely agree. How many people didn't like him until he was one of the guys we weren't getting?

MAYBE some of it is that, despite how much they would dislike hiring Frazier, they dislike Gailey more. I'm not sure why, as Gailey has had success with offenses and as a HC.

Ebenezer
01-19-2010, 06:22 PM
Completely agree. How many people didn't like him until he was one of the guys we weren't getting?

MAYBE some of it is that, despite how much they would dislike hiring Frazier, they dislike Gailey more. I'm not sure why, as Gailey has had success with offenses and as a HC.
I started a poll last week of who fans wanted as their next head coach...he got exactly zero votes.