• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mudflap1
    Next Question!
    • Nov 2004

Fromer Gailey QB Aikman on PTI today...

Anybody see it? They asked Troy Aikman what he thought of the Gailey hire, and the first few things he said (after he paused) was "Interesting" and "out of left field", or something to that effect. The only positive thing he said was a few sentences later that he knows how to put a running game together. Bottom line -- he did not give Gailey a ringing endorsement. He did not come out and say "about time this guy gets another shot" or "he's a great coach" or even "he's a good coach" or "I really liked him". Nothing like that. More of a deer-in-the-headlights look, and "yeah... that was interesting, kind of out of left field".

So much for the blind faith thinking Chan did such a great job in Dallas. The Hall of Fame QB that played for him did not seem to register much of a pulse when asked about him.
    Last edited by Mudflap1; 01-19-2010, 04:59 PM.
  • psubills62
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2008

Re: Fromer Gailey QB Aikman on PTI today...

Out of curiosity, did anyone see what Wilbon/Kornheiser said about the Bills' hire before Aikman? I missed it. And while I know a lot of people think they're both chumps, they've actually been kind to the Bills during this coaching search.
    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• mrbojanglezs
      • Jan 2010

ya because these two guys butted heads all the time

Comment

• Dicknoze69
        Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mudflap1
        Anybody see it? They asked Troy Aikman what he thought of the Gailey hire, and the first few things he said (after he paused) was "Interesting" and "out of left field", or something to that effect. The only positive thing he said was a few sentences later that he knows how to put a running game together. Bottom line -- he did not give Gailey a ringing endorsement. He did not come out and say "about time this guy gets another shot" or "he's a great coach" or even "he's a good coach" or "I really liked him". Nothing like that. More of a deer-in-the-headlights look, and "yeah... that was interesting, kind of out of left field".

So much for the blind faith thinking Chan did such a great job in Dallas. The Hall of Fame QB that played for him was not impressed.
        From what I've read it appears Aikman and Chan clashed in Dallas because Gailey was too conservative.

God give me style and give me grace
        God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• SquishDaFish
          Lets GO BUFFALO!!
          • Jun 2005

Aikmen is the reason Chan was fired. He didnt like his offense. they were talking about it today on sirius

Comment

• HHURRICANE
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Dicknoze69
            From what I've read it appears Aikman and Chan clashed in Dallas because Gailey was too conservative.
            We need to be more conservative.

Comment

• psubills62
              Legendary Zoner
              • Sep 2008

Yeah, Aikman didn't exactly have many glowing endorsements of Gailey. But I'd take it with a grain of salt. After all, he talked about how we're "dominant on defense" too.
              "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
              - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                • Mar 2005

You'll get a better response from the Georgia Tech fans!! HAHAAHAHAHHAAHAHAH.

Comment

• Thurmal
                  • Oct 2005

Translation: "I hated playing for this idiot, but since I have a high-profile job in the media now, it would be quite unprofessional of me to go on national TV and tell everyone how much he sucks."
                  "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• Mudflap1
                    Next Question!
                    • Nov 2004

Originally posted by psubills62
                    Yeah, Aikman didn't exactly have many glowing endorsements of Gailey. But I'd take it with a grain of salt. After all, he talked about how we're "dominant on defense" too.
                    The guy is a Hall of Fame, 3 time Super Bowl winning QB. He's a lot more decorated with his NFL accomplishments than Chan Gailey. I'll take his spin on this for what it is.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                      Dances With Buffaloes
                      • Sep 2002

he wasn't the only one. most of his former players don't have very kind things to say.
                      My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Mudflap1
                        The guy is a Hall of Fame, 3 time Super Bowl winning QB. He's a lot more decorated with his NFL accomplishments than Chan Gailey. I'll take his spin on this for what it is.
                        I would say that it wasn't a good sign. At least Jauron's players liked playing for him.

Comment

• Mudflap1
                          Next Question!
                          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Ingtar33
                          he wasn't the only one. most of his former players don't have very kind things to say.
                          But we should forget all of that because all of those Hall of Fame, Pro Bowl, Super Bowl-winning players were over the hill, right? Got it.

Comment

• alohabillsfan
                            • Sep 2003

how come some posters act like they are 11???

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                              I would say that it wasn't a good sign. At least Jauron's players liked playing for him.
                              Whooppee!!!! They liked losing.

The NY Giants players hated Coughlin .... until they started winning. Then the griping ended.

We need a coach who will be a coach, not a players best friend. We have tried the touchy feely routine for years and it hasn't worked. Time to try something different.

Comment

Working...
                              X