PDA

View Full Version : Forked Thread: Sullivan: Coaches Send Message To Bills

Typ0
01-19-2010, 05:40 PM
Forked from: Sullivan: Coaches Send Message To Bills (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=3121791)

A very high percentage of fans are what have you done for me lately. Things are so up in the air right now that there just is not much to feel good about. However, the team serves a purpose in their lives and they will be back on board in a month or so. No matter what the choice is people will be adopting the false hope being sold by OBD and buying up tickets and merchandise. That is what Wilson banks on every year. There really is nothing to speak to Wilson because there is no long term plan he has in place to build up this team. Instead, he's hanging in their till death trying to preserve it's value.

The people on the inside of the NFL belong to a private club. They feel isolated in that way and don't care too much what the media or fans say because they don't see anything as a true threat. That's the culture that's been built in the NFL. Sullivan is not talking to Wilson he's talking to his readers who happen to be the fans. If every time you walked down to 1st and main street you got robbed at gunpoint would you continue to walk there?

I posted this yesterday before any mention of the name Gailey. I had no idea less than 24 hours later we'd have our guy and the very phenomena I warned about would already be under way. People seem to be eating up the crap in droves.

I ask you eternal optimists and the only true bills fans:

1) What needs to take place to convince you something has changed that will make us competitive?

2) What could happen that would convince you that Wilson is a lying ass manipulating the poor fans for every last cent he can get out of them?

I'll put my answers up first:

1) I will try and give the new staff the benefit of the doubt. However, I already have serious reservations. First, Gailey admitted in the press conference he has no plan and he's not really prepared to start this job. Furthermore, I think there are too many obstacles to getting the talent on the team to be successful. Finally, I'm very concerned that Gailey will be doing double duty right out of the gate. If we can fill some of our perceived holes and not lose in other areas I'll feel a little more comfortable. If we hit the field running or improve during the season and good during game decisions are made I'll start to think maybe they can be successful. I hope these things happen.

2) I'm already convinced.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-19-2010, 05:45 PM
1. Chan would have to hire a good experienced defensive staff because he will have his hands full with the offense.

2. I'm already convinced as well.

mush69
01-19-2010, 05:57 PM
To be the diehard, let see how it all pans out! Chan has his experience, that we cannot contest. So in the end we will see that once again we have hired a nobody to fill a position.

:cheers:

Typ0
01-19-2010, 06:00 PM
You definately got a couple things wrong. First, he's not a nobody. He's had a good track record at one time. But he's been out of the game and headed downhill most recently.

Secondly, they didn't hire a nobody to fill a position...they hired a guy to fill TWO positions! This is absolutely appalling. They've hired Nix to fill in the missing GM guy but then eliminated a position on the field. There are your "big changes". This is one of the most profitable franchises in the NFL for christ sakes that piece of **** wilson can't sell it's the only way he can afford to keep afloat so he doesn't even bring it up. I'm so ****ing incensed with "pissed off" right now!

To be the diehard, let see how it all pans out! Chan has his experience, that we cannot contest. So in the end we will see that once again we have hired a nobody to fill a position.

:cheers: