Who cares what ESPN, the local media, or anyone else thinks. We just need wins.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cpearl
    • Mar 2005

Who cares what ESPN, the local media, or anyone else thinks. We just need wins.

If he brings wins, we are all happy, right?

So doesn't he deserve a chance?

This board wasn't even half as pissed when Jauron was hired and Gailey has 10 times more experience and success as Jauron.

Everyone needs to take a deep breath and settle down. Cowher wasn't EVER coming here and down deep, we all knew that (maybe except for Joe Logan).

We have a new coach and GM. Let them do their work and get this team back on track. If there's no evidence of progress by next year, then we have every right to be irrate.
  • NOT THE DUDE...
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Jan 2010

Re: Who cares what ESPN, the local media, or anyone else thinks. We just need wins.

i agree, both nix and gailey seem like no nonsense type guys and both have very good records....

what this team really needs is great drafting on the oline and dline and qb....

Comment

• Typ0
      honey pie
      • Jul 2002

Re: Who cares what ESPN, the local media, or anyone else thinks. We just need wins.

That's the wrong attitude. If you want to give him a chance you don't give him a year or two you give him five. I am not prepared to give the same old crap five years of a chance and Wilson hasn't given anyone five years of a chance since Levy.

Originally posted by cpearl
      If he brings wins, we are all happy, right?

So doesn't he deserve a chance?

This board wasn't even half as pissed when Jauron was hired and Gailey has 10 times more experience and success as Jauron.

Everyone needs to take a deep breath and settle down. Cowher wasn't EVER coming here and down deep, we all knew that (maybe except for Joe Logan).

We have a new coach and GM. Let them do their work and get this team back on track. If there's no evidence of progress by next year, then we have every right to be irrate.

Comment

• Ebenezer
        Give me a minute...
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Typ0
        That's the wrong attitude. If you want to give him a chance you don't give him a year or two you give him five. I am not prepared to give the same old crap five years of a chance and Wilson hasn't given anyone five years of a chance since Levy.
        Levy didn't need five years...he took over crap in Nov. 86 and was in the playoffs in Dec. 88.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Originally posted by Typ0

It won't take five years. If Gailey/Nix are a good fit we'll see improvement quite quickly. Just relax and try to stay objective.

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
            It won't take five years. If Gailey/Nix are a good fit and the personal dept. provides some more talent and depth then we'll see improvement quite quickly. Just relax and try to stay objective.
            a little addition there.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Originally posted by Ebenezer
              a little addition there.

Well, one could argue we already have the depth considering we won some games with second stringers thanks to injuries.

I won't argue that more talent (ala smart drafting) is needed.

Comment

• Night Train
                Retired - On Several Levels
                • Jul 2005

It's a boring Ralph hire, without a doubt. It will change, once he dies.

Until then, I'll give the guy a chance instead of posting his imminent failure in 78 threads.
                Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Typ0
                  honey pie
                  • Jul 2002

So basically you guys are saying these guys are golden because no matter who they draft it will be full of the same draft hype crap the draft always has. And that day the guys will put on Bills uniforms and suddenly be great players like Whitner and the many others we have...

Comment

• imbondz
                    Democrats are people too
                    • Jan 2003

I can't wait to see all the free agents that want to come here!
                    My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

Working...
                    X