PDA

View Full Version : Marty Schottenheimer

ghz in pittsburgh
01-19-2010, 09:33 PM
that was shot down by Ralph Wilson?

By all accounts, it's almost certain one of those daily calls to Nix cell phone is from Marty's camp. And it's certain he got shot down.

Who shot it down? Did Tim or anybody confirm that it was Wilson?

By my information I did not get that. And it doesnot seem to indicate anywhere Wilson had a poblem with Marty (how old is Marty anyway? 70?)

On the other hand, Marty Schottenheimer wants final say in Personnel based on his track record in Washington and San Diego. Nix witnessed first hand how the relationship went between AJ Smith and Marty ...

Ickybaluky
01-19-2010, 09:37 PM
This is what Graham wrote:

Contrary to the diplomatic comments he made on his radio show, Marty Schottenheimer actually did want the Buffalo Bills head-coaching job.

Badly.

Bills owner Ralph Wilson, however, wasn't interested, sources close to Schottenheimer informed me Tuesday after the club introduced Chan Gailey as their man.

Schottenheimer had a strong desire to return to coaching after three years away from the sidelines and had an ally in former Bills general manager Buddy Nix. They became close while working together with the San Diego Chargers.

Schottenheimer played linebacker four seasons with the Bills, winning an AFL title with them in 1965.

But the Bills couldn't consider Schottenheimer a candidate because Wilson wasn't comfortable with him, the sources said.

He seems to point directly to Wilson declining Shottenheimer, and claims he found this out from "sources close to Shottenheimer".

Goobylal
01-19-2010, 09:40 PM
Graham is wrong. Nix shot it down.

justasportsfan
01-19-2010, 09:41 PM
Grahams source is HH's source too .

Novacane
01-19-2010, 09:45 PM
Graham is wrong. Nix shot it down.

And you know this how?

YardRat
01-19-2010, 10:31 PM
http://gridironfans.com/forums/latest-nfl-headlines/115341-marty-schottenheimer-says-no-coaching-bills-any.html

According to Schottenheimer, whose name was linked to the Bills in an ESPN report, nothing is happening between him and the beleaguered AFC East franchise. During his weekly NFL Sirius Radio appearance, Schottenheimer ruled himself out of contention if he was ever in contention for the job opening created when Dick Jauron was fired. And the former San Diego Chargers, Washington Redskins and Cleveland Browns coach said he doesn't expect to coach again or reinvent himself as a general manager. "I was a bit taken back," Schottenheimer said. "It's flattering, but there's nothing there. .. I'll be very candid with you and say it's nice to think that people would consider you, but the reality of it is is that after 30 great years I'm really not going to go back down that road again."

The Spaz
01-19-2010, 10:34 PM
Can't be true these people have sources...

Goobylal
01-19-2010, 10:35 PM
And you know this how?
From a guy who broke the news earlier yesterday that Gailey was the man.

BertSquirtgum
01-19-2010, 10:47 PM
This is what Graham wrote:

He seems to point directly to Wilson declining Shottenheimer, and claims he found this out from "sources close to Shottenheimer".

this makes my distaste for ralph wilson even stronger.