Anger wearing off. Kool aid kicking in? I'm not so mad anymore.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • malo
    • Sep 2009

Anger wearing off. Kool aid kicking in? I'm not so mad anymore.

I'm kinda sorta warming up to
    Gailey. Other than Cowher, Shannahan, and Schotteneimer, everyone else
    would a gamble. At least this guy has coached before. I believe what they said about there is a lot more to a HC than it seems and there is always a learing curve (Rivera, Grimm, Frazier), And it sounds
    like he'll put a foot or two up the azz of players who need it. aka
    Lynch. And shed the losing culture Jauron bread. Maybe he'll convince
    Whitner and Mitchell that they are not that good.

A lot depends
    on the talent that needs to be brought in. We'll know for sure if
    these guys mean business come FA and draft time.

There are a $#!tload of needs to address this offseason. I hope Nix doesn't plan to fill every need through the draft.
    Last edited by malo; 01-19-2010, 10:17 PM.

Buddy Nix is a buffoon.

• malo
    • Sep 2009

Re: Anger wearing off. Kool aid kicking in? I'm not so mad anymore.

Let me add that unfortunately the organization is so f'ed that there could be no 100% perfect option. As of right now, it's up to Chan and Nix to show they can right the ship.

Buddy Nix is a buffoon.

Comment

• Philagape
      WIN NOW
      • Jul 2002

Damn it, quit toying with all our hearts and minds! We can only take so much!
      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• TacklingDummy
        Unreachable Douche
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by malo
        I'm kinda sorta warming up to
        Gailey. Other than Cowher, Shannahan, and Schotteneimer, everyone else
        would a gamble.

Every coach is a gamble. Give the coach some talented players to work with and we will see what happens. Start with giving Chan some talent at the QB position.

Comment

• The Spaz
          • Mar 2003

I'm in the same boat.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
            The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
            • Feb 2005

Im not WARMING up Im GIVING up.
            I have no passion left to invest in this cluster ****
            In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• Dying_-2-_Live
              • Feb 2009

Nice to see people realizing they need to give him a chance. If he ends up being a loser... well, go ahead and riot for all i care, but until then he is the HC of the Buffalo Bills and we should respect that.
              "If you ain't first... You're last"

Comment

• Throne Logic
                Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
                • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Dying_-2-_Live
                Nice to see people realizing they need to give him a chance. If he ends up being a loser... well, go ahead and riot for all i care, but until then he is the HC of the Buffalo Bills and we should respect that.
                "Well I didn't vote for him."
                Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• BillsWin
                  man amongst boys
                  • Oct 2008

I don't understand how the Dolphins can take a first year coach and flip a 1-15 team to a 11-5 team, yet the Bills aren't even close (being 7-9 the year before).

There is some solid talent on this team and it is real young.

There are some holes we need to fill, but if Gailey is any kind of NFL HC, and Nix is any good at scouting maybe we can turn this ship around with a good free agency and draft.

Oh God, I refuse to drink the kool aid again.

Bad BillsWin. Bad!
                  I am The Batman.

Comment

• DrGraves
                    • Mar 2008

priority number one better be keeping this team healthy....

Comment

• Novacane
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dying_-2-_Live

It's not if he ends up being a loser it's when. You go ahead and respect whatever you want. I pissed and no schmuck on a message board is gonna tell me not to be to accept anything

Comment

• TheBrownBear
                        • Dec 2004

I was real down on this hire yesterday, but I'm starting to come around. I'm already at indifferent, and by opening day I'll probably be cautiously hopeful. At least we know that Coach Gailey isn't a complete bum. He coached two seasons and he made the darn playoffs in both of them. And while he didn't have a great college coaching record, he never had a bad year either. And his success as an offensive coordinator has been well documented.

Face it, this team needed to bring in a legitimate offensive mind who could diagnose our problems and work towards legitimate solutions. Chan has the track record to suggest he can do this. Was Frazier going to be that guy? Maybe. But the only thing we knew about Frazier was that he was a pretty good defensive coordinator that has, for some reason, been turned down for every head coaching gig he's interviewed for.

Comment

• Mudflap1
                          Next Question!
                          • Nov 2004

I'm not settling, and I don't think it's a good hire. I think it's an atrocious hire. I also don't believe in giving the Bills and Gailey the "benefit of the doubt." The Bills need to earn the fans' trust and earn the right to be given the benefit of the doubt with improbable moves like the Nix and Gailey hires compounded by the last ten years of insanity.

That being said, Ralph Wilson could care less what the fans want, so it really doesn't matter what I think, or what anybody else thinks. He's going to go cheap and easy, and that's the way it is. All we can do is bend over and hope for the best.

Comment

• malo
                            • Sep 2009

My wrath can easily be awakened again if they take the same approach this offseason as last. I know nix wants to build through the draft, but it's a pipe dream if he thinks he can turn this thing around without bringing in some quality fas.

Buddy Nix is a buffoon.

Comment

• ddaryl
                              Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                              • Jan 2005

Wow the Bills marketing department knows their stuff. I am shocked at the amount of people so willing to jump back in without a little "show me 1st" attitude

I guess what really is frightening is it only took one day...

Gailey may turn out to be a real good coach for us, but i want to see it before I subscribe to it.

I say keep the pressure on OBD make them sweat some bullets and go to great lengths to appease the fans. How about this time we make them sign 3 top free agents instead of just one before we run back to them and ask them to forgive us.

Comment

Working...
                              X