3-4 would be the end of Schobel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchell55
    only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
    • Feb 2008

3-4 would be the end of Schobel

I highly doubt Schobel will stay if we switch and we would be forced to trade Stroud. Stroud is 300 lbs but a small framed 300 lbs so he cant be a NT, hes to old and slow for DE, so I think wed be forced to trade him for maybe a 4th
  • NOT THE DUDE...
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Jan 2010

Re: 3-4 would be the end of Schobel

if we can trade stroud and schobel for 3rd or 4th rd picks pull the trigger and get what u can or them now... we are rebuilding and need as many picks as possible...

Comment

• DrGraves
      • Mar 2008

he's one of a better players... you're going to give him up for a 4th round pick? smart move.

Comment

• Dying_-2-_Live
        • Feb 2009

Gotta agree with you on the Schobel thing, but Stroud could probably handle being an end in the 3-4...However I still believe with the current staff we have... There will be little change to the defensive scheme. But major "tweeks" could improve the current 4-3 we have in place.
        Last edited by Dying_-2-_Live; 01-19-2010, 10:35 PM.
        "If you ain't first... You're last"

Comment

• Mitchell55
          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by DrGraves
          he's one of a better players... you're going to give him up for a 4th round pick? smart move.

We got him for a 3rd and 5th. 2 years later he got injured again and had a very bad year where we were last in run defense. So yea, a 4th. Hes getting old

Comment

• Scumbag College
            • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Dying_-2-_Live
            Gotta agree with you on the Schobel thing, but Stroud could probably handle being an end in the 3-4...However I still believe with the current staff we have... There will be little change to the defensive scheme. But major "tweeks" could improve the current 4-3 we have in place.
            I always thought Stroud would be a good 3-4 end. What the Bills would desperately need would be the big NT in the middle.
            Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• Mitchell55
              • Feb 2008

I think hes to slow and same with Schobel, im not sure how well he would react to playing 4-3 to now 3-4 after all these years

Comment

• Dying_-2-_Live
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Scumbag College
                I always thought Stroud would be a good 3-4 end. What the Bills would desperately need would be the big NT in the middle.
                The absolutely ideal NT is coming out in this years draft... Terrence Cody

Comment

• Dying_-2-_Live
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Mitchell55
                  I think hes to slow and same with Schobel, im not sure how well he would react to playing 4-3 to now 3-4 after all these years
                  But i have a feeling he could manhandle some of the smallish OT in the league with pure strength... not speed

Comment

• Mitchell55
                    • Feb 2008

But i have a feeling he could manhandle some of the smallish OT in the league with pure strength... not speed

True

Stroud, Hampton, Williams

Sounds scary ha ha. Your actually warming me up to the idea

Comment

• Dying_-2-_Live
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Mitchell55
                      True

Stroud, Hampton, Williams

Sounds scary ha ha. Your actually warming me up to the idea
                      hmmm... Hampton would be a nice pick up. I still say find a way to trade back into the first and get Cody aswell. Have them rotate, because i have concerns about his weight and how he'd hold up playing at the NFL level. PLaying in 90 degree weather (away games obviously) is hard for Roscoe Parrish. Imagine Cody!
                      Last edited by Dying_-2-_Live; 01-19-2010, 10:45 PM.

Comment

• Luisito23
                        Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                        • Apr 2003

Both Stroud, and Schobel are old, and washed up, we'll be lucky to get a 4th. for either of them. Now stop dreaming, and move on.
                        "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                        ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                        ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                        ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• clumping platelets

Stroud could play 3-4 DE for a year while new pieces are put into place. But I say stay with the 4-3.....works for the Vikings and Colts

Comment

• Throne Logic
                            Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
                            • Aug 2002

The hiring of Chan Gailey probably didn't do much to tilt the odds in favor of Schobel returning next year. I bet he ultimately waits to see who the DC is going to be. If it comes down to it, faced with learning an entirely new system is most likely going to send him right off into retirement.
                            Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• sven233
                              • Mar 2005

The Bills could switch to a 3-4 if they wanted to and I think it wouldn't take as much work as some fear.

The first thing they would need to do is go out and get.........and I can't believe I am saying this because he is so dirty........VINCE WILFORK. I know he won't come cheap, but he is just heading into the prime of his career at 28 or so. Yes, the Cheatriots* may re-sign him, but that is not a guarantee by any means. The Cheatriots* have a history of letting guys like this go at this point. So, this would be the first step.

With this signing, I think we would actually have the starting pieces in place on the D-Line. Stroud would make a very good 3-4 DE with his size and athletic ability. He would be fine on 1 side. Williams, while not the tallest guy out there, still has good size and could play the other DE I believe. They can always draft another DE in the 2nd or 3rd rounds that might work as well. But I think Stroud and Williams could play the DEs in a 3-4.

Then, the no-brainer move. Maybin moves to one of the OLB positions in the 3-4. From there, the first pick in the draft could go a bunch of different ways depending on who is available. While the chances are maybe slim, if we could pick up either McClain or Spikes with the first pick, I think we will be OK in terms of our starting LBS. We would have Poz and McClain/Spikes in the middle with Maybin and Mitchell on the outside. So, the starting positions would be all set at this point. Depth would be a problem so they would have to do some work in FA and the draft, but in a 3-4 system, our starters would look pretty good, I think.

STROUD WILFORK WILLIAMS

MAYBIN POZ MCCLAIN MITCHELL

Add in our great secondary (I believe our secondary is one of the best in the league already) and I think you starting 3-4 defense would be pretty good.

So, while it would take a little work, i think it is possible to put a 3-4 defense on the field that is pretty good.....at least on paper.

Comment

Working...
                              X