PDA

View Full Version : Nix is Full of ****

mchurchfie
01-20-2010, 01:31 AM
“Without any doubt in my mind, we got the best qualified guy, a guy that was on the list early,” Nix said. “We got the right guy for us. I’ve got full confidence in him to answer your question.”

How can you turn down a Marty Schottenheimer and say this with a clear conscience???

JD
01-20-2010, 01:51 AM
You must have just caught that on sportscenter eh? We all tweaked out live.. sickening that I still care.

TacklingDummy
01-20-2010, 01:59 AM
Not a Marty fan.

mchurchfie
01-20-2010, 02:21 AM
Me either but I'm less of a Chan fan.:ill:

Griff
01-20-2010, 05:01 AM
heh I would've loved to have seen the board's reaction to the promotion of Polian and hiring of Marv Levy 25 years ago.

elltrain22
01-20-2010, 05:05 AM
yeah, thats pretty effed up!! I wish I didn't even know that. I hope there isn't any news like that about Cowher, then I'll really lose it, Mudflap lose it!!

SABURZFAN
01-20-2010, 08:31 AM
i would have liked to see Billick on the sidelines but i'll settle for Gailey. Marty's been out of football for a while so i'm glad he's not here.

hydro
01-20-2010, 09:00 AM
Not a Marty fan.

Not a fan a Cowher, not a fan of Marty? Guess you aren't a fan of winning coaches.

jamze132
01-20-2010, 09:16 AM
Although Nix was full of **** with that statement, Gaily isn't the worst we could have done. Obviously Nix's first choice was Cowher but that didn't quite work out so we get the guy who was recommended by Cowher. :lol:

Mahdi
01-20-2010, 09:19 AM
“Without any doubt in my mind, we got the best qualified guy, a guy that was on the list early,” Nix said. “We got the right guy for us. I’ve got full confidence in him to answer your question.”

How can you turn down a Marty Schottenheimer and say this with a clear conscience???
If you were Nix what would you say.

"We tried to get 5 or 6 other guys but they said no so we settled for Gailey over here."???

Historian
01-20-2010, 09:19 AM
heh I would've loved to have seen the board's reaction to the promotion of Polian and hiring of Marv Levy 25 years ago.

I was okay with it, but it was still a disappointment, as Vermeil was the hot rumor at the time.

Jan Reimers
01-20-2010, 09:24 AM
I was okay with it, but it was still a disappointment, as Vermeil was the hot rumor at the time.
I have always been willing to give new Bills' hires a chance. Once in a while, they have even worked out.

The last buffalo fan
01-20-2010, 09:44 AM
I'm just like the rest of you guys, not happy about it, but I'll cheer them up from my couch every single ****ing sunday, just the way has been since it started.

I'll renew my Sunday ticket, that one that I said at the end of this season that I have had enough of them. Maybe it is the colors, maybe it is the city, or maybe it is the fans. I'm not sure about it, but I'll do it again, and again and again. If it is a karma, luck, destiny or the way you want to call it, I don't care, I come to this site every day to find out about my beloved team and about the classy and die hard fans this team have and it won't stop ever, sorry guys.

Tatonka
01-20-2010, 10:08 AM
he didnt ****ing turn marty down.. marty SAID SO HIMSELF.

**** sake.. some moron sports reporter that has gotten 100 other things wrong says we turned marty down and marty makes a public statement bout it multiple times.. and your calling marty a liar and believing the idiot blog guy who has "sources"..

you know how many "sources" people quoted about who our next head coach was going to be?

i think the hiring of gailey is lame as ****.. but we were never going to have marty ball here.. the guy is retired.. he is staying retired.. no one else has hired him in the last 3 years.. BECAUSE HE IS RETIRED.. all the sudden he was "DYING" to coach this **** hole team in this **** hole town with no qb and a ton of other ****.. yeah.. im sure we should believe blog guy over marty himself.

gotta be kidding me.

psubills62
01-20-2010, 10:26 AM
I just have to wonder, with all of the rumors that flew around here the last month or so...why on EARTH are people taking the "OBD turned down Marty Schottenheimer" crapfest as fact?

mchurchfie
01-23-2010, 04:00 AM
he didnt ****ing turn marty down.. marty SAID SO HIMSELF.

**** sake.. some moron sports reporter that has gotten 100 other things wrong says we turned marty down and marty makes a public statement bout it multiple times.. and your calling marty a liar and believing the idiot blog guy who has "sources"..

you know how many "sources" people quoted about who our next head coach was going to be?

i think the hiring of gailey is lame as ****.. but we were never going to have marty ball here.. the guy is retired.. he is staying retired.. no one else has hired him in the last 3 years.. BECAUSE HE IS RETIRED.. all the sudden he was "DYING" to coach this **** hole team in this **** hole town with no qb and a ton of other ****.. yeah.. im sure we should believe blog guy over marty himself.

gotta be kidding me.
Dude, take a ****ing chillpill

kernowboy
01-23-2010, 04:40 AM
The major issue we've had has been a succession of defensively minded head coaches - with the exception of Mularky - whilst our offense has been pathetic.

It was said early on that ideally a Head Coach with an offense background would be a very good idea.

Why would appointing a defensive minded head coach who has been out of the game for 3 years have helped? I mean Joe Gibbs did wonders at the Redskins

I am not interested in past reputations

Mitchell55
01-23-2010, 09:32 AM
Mary is successfull version of dick
Cowher was a defensive coach
Shannahan took and offer from Washington
Brian had no HC expierence
Billick made fun of us
Grimm has never been a OC let alone HC
Frazier was a defensive coach

Canadian'eh!
01-23-2010, 09:42 AM

Oh yeah... this is def the exact same and NOT like the other 25 hires since then that were total garbage.

kernowboy
01-23-2010, 09:43 AM
Not a fan a Cowher, not a fan of Marty? Guess you aren't a fan of winning coaches.

Chan Gailey's record 18-14; made the playoffs every season

Mad Bomber
01-23-2010, 11:23 AM
I have always been willing to give new Bills' hires a chance. Once in a while, they have even worked out.
I have ALMOST always been willing. I just didn't feel that way with Jauron.

HHURRICANE
01-23-2010, 11:24 AM

I was 21 and it didn't feel like this. peope were a hell of alot more optimistic.