PDA

View Full Version : So, how are you protesting the Gailey hire?

Ebenezer
01-20-2010, 06:54 AM
People seem to be rather upset about the Gailey hire. Yup, uninspired but he's the coach.

If you are upset with the hire then how are you going to protest the hire? Time to put money where mouths are.

BlackMetalNinja
01-20-2010, 06:59 AM
I've said in multiple places already that this was my last straw. I'm not spending money on this team for the foreseeable future. I'm sick of wasting $400 a year on Sunday Ticket, the money it costs me to go back to NY for the home opener, the money I've spent on going to road games each of the last 2 years, the money I spend on getting a new jersey each year... I'm done with all that for now. If I can find a way to watch them on a weekly basis and it doesn't cost me anything, fine, but I'm not going out of my way to worry about it.

casdhf
01-20-2010, 07:02 AM
I'm not upset at all.

elltrain22
01-20-2010, 07:08 AM
I plan to protest, by giving him my support. Not only will I support him, but I will support this team, as I always have & always will, b/c I'm a fan of this team, and even though he's not the guy I wanted, he's the guy we got! I think as a true fan of any team, you must show loyalty, through good times and bad times. Obviously, this is very bad times, but thats when ya gotta cheer even harder. This team, at this fragile state, needs support from their fans, and if ya don't support em now, you might wish you did if and when they move to another city.

BAM
01-20-2010, 07:09 AM
Me neither Cas. I'll give him a chance. And I'm sure we'll find that 9 out of 10 people that say they're done with the team are full of it. And if not, then so long!

tampabay25690
01-20-2010, 07:21 AM
No protest here.
He is the coach and we move on.
I can't believe this many fans are crying over a new hire when the guy hasn't even coached 1 game.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-20-2010, 07:24 AM
I haven't bought any Bills gear or tickets since the Williams era so I'm still on protest. But I do go to the training camps because it's right down the street from me. Would love to tailgate with fellow zoners but not till I see a team worth spending money on.

I think that I will be listening to a lot of home games on the radio this season due to blackouts. But I'm ok with having to do that because I've been there before.

Jan Reimers
01-20-2010, 07:26 AM
I like the Nix/Gailey combination. I know it's not splashy or sexy enough for some, but at my age, I'd rather have experienced football men, both of whom have very good resumes.

If some on here would stop yelling and do a little research, they might come to the same conclusion.

RockStar36
01-20-2010, 07:34 AM
I'm going to protest it by buying season tickets and complaining about it on a message board. That will show Ralph!

DraftBoy
01-20-2010, 07:37 AM
I dont like Chan Gailey, I dont like the way he coaches, but he'll give me a shot. He's learned under Dan Reeves who is a coach and man I have great respect for. Im planning on spending more money this year on the Bills rather than less.

M
01-20-2010, 07:39 AM
No protest here either. I'm actually hoping people don't renew their seasons so I can move closer to the center. ;)

ddaryl
01-20-2010, 07:41 AM
I'm not supporting the team finacially, but to be honest I haven't spent a dime on the team in over 3 years. When they start acting like a franchise hell bent on winning superbowls I'l support them... or if Ralph steps down I'll support them.

Which ever comes 1st.

The only thing I do every year is get the Sunday ticket, but unless we do some out of the world things this offseason I probably won't be willing ot shell out $400 just for the priveledge of watching this franchise on TV.

So I will be a fair weather fan and jump in with my full emotion when they prove they are a superbowl contender.

Until then they have to earn my money

Jan Reimers
01-20-2010, 07:58 AM
When they start acting like a franchise hell bent on winning superbowls I'l support them... or if Ralph steps down I'll support them.
So I will be a fair weather fan and jump in with my full emotion when they prove they are a superbowl contender.

Et tu, dd?

ddaryl
01-20-2010, 07:59 AM
. Im planning on spending more money this year on the Bills rather than less.

isn't this the exact signal we don't want to send Ralph and Russ...

Don't we want to insist on no cash to cap, willing to pay for top coaches, willing to bring in top FA, and willing to resign our own players ?

Weren't these the exact reasons we ended up with Chan Gailey, because all the rest of the top coaches didn't feel the Bills were committed enough to doing exactly that ??????

I'm really really confused on what Bills fans want. Because the last time I checked in we wanted lots of changes and they haven't delivered anything of the sort yet.

SABURZFAN
01-20-2010, 08:00 AM
i'm not protesting the Gailey hire. the guy has a clean slate with me.

THATHURMANATOR
01-20-2010, 08:02 AM
I am going to purchase season tickets.

SABURZFAN
01-20-2010, 08:05 AM
I like the Nix/Gailey combination. I know it's not splashy or sexy enough for some, but at my age, I'd rather have experienced football men, both of whom have very good resumes.

If some on here would stop yelling and do a little research, they might come to the same conclusion.

great post. i didn't know too much about Gailey until i did a little research. the more i read and the more i hear about him, i think he may be a good hire. my only concern is that The Old Fart will meddle and **** things up.

Jan Reimers
01-20-2010, 08:21 AM

Don't we want to insist on no cash to cap, willing to pay for top coaches, willing to bring in top FA, and willing to resign our own players ?

Weren't these the exact reasons we ended up with Chan Gailey, because all the rest of the top coaches didn't feel the Bills were committed enough to doing exactly that ??????

I'm really really confused on what Bills fans want. Because the last time I checked in we wanted lots of changes and they haven't delivered anything of the sort yet.
I want a good team in Buffalo, too. What Bills' fan doesn't? But if enough "fans" take their spite out on Ralph by withdrawing their support, it will be much easier for this team to be moved. You're not going to change Ralph, so all of your hatefulness toward him will simply pave the way for the Bills' exit.

Michael82
01-20-2010, 08:41 AM
I was pissed and wanted to protest him, but the more I read about him, the more I like him. He's not Bill Cowher, but he might be Cowher lite. Afterall, he came highly recommended by Cowher and even Scott Pioli! Maybe he's the guy we have needed. Either way, I will continue to renew my season tickets and will support Gailey and the Buffalo Bills until they give me a reason not to.

ddaryl
01-20-2010, 08:46 AM
I want a good team in Buffalo, too. What Bills' fan doesn't? But if enough "fans" take their spite out on Ralph by withdrawing their support, it will be much easier for this team to be moved. You're not going to change Ralph, so all of your hatefulness toward him will simply pave the way for the Bills' exit.

Then the team moves... I want to know that top coaches are willing to come here, as well as top FA's . Ralph has no right to hold a city hostage, and he should have the common decency to step aside at his age knowing full well he isn't fully cognitive enough to be involved in the team decision processes.

I'm sure as hell not going to give the guy more money just to keep the team in Buffalo. I will hand over money if we have no cash to cap, and have 0 issues with hiring top coaches and associated coordinators... It's not my fault the franchise was driven into the gorund and nobody wants to come here but the bottom of the barrel guys

I will hand over money when Ralph annouces a contingency plan, otherwise the team is as good as gone anyways. His silence says he is selling ot the highest bidder and not a Buffalo interest. there is 0 scnearios where th ehigh bidder keeps the team in Buffalo

I will hand over money when they stop shipping a home game to Toronto and force us to play 9 road games every year, with 1 of those games always a divsional game which is mind boggling stupid

I will hand over money if we start proving we won't let talented players walk.

I'll start handing over money when I see this team scoring more then 20 points a game consistently.

I'l start handing over money when we start beating up on the AFC East

I'll start handing over money when I really feel this is a much different franchise then what it was in 2009 top to bottom.

I'm not blindly supportng the team out of fear of them moving, there is no contingency plan so there is little reason to believe blind support changes the reality

I need proof that they are really going to try and compete before I support htem finacially.. My money is worth much more to me then the craptastic product I have paid for the last 10 years. In fact the Bills owe me a few grand for the product they insulted us with.

Whjy would any intelligent consumer buy more of a product that has been competely inadequate for more then a decade ???

RockStar36
01-20-2010, 08:46 AM
I was pissed and wanted to protest him, but the more I read about him, the more I like him. He's not Bill Cowher, but he might be Cowher lite. Afterall, he came highly recommended by Cowher and even Scott Pioli! Maybe he's the guy we have needed. Either way, I will continue to renew my season tickets and will support Gailey and the Buffalo Bills until they give me a reason not to.

If an entire decade of losing hasn't given you a reason not to yet, I doubt that reason will ever come.

don137
01-20-2010, 08:48 AM
If he was hired as a coordinator I'd be happy with the selection.

I will not get the NFL ticket next year. I also strongly doubt I will go to RWS for a game next year. I will see them in Cincinnatti though.

ddaryl
01-20-2010, 09:02 AM
my only concern is that The Old Fart will meddle and **** things up.

and this is exactly why many of us are not willing to blindly hand money over. Our confidence in the franchise to run without Ralph's thumb in the pie is very low...

and I'm very willing to come back and buy all kinds of Bills paraphenalia, but only after they prove that this franchise is completely different then what it was last year or last decade.

Dare I say I would love to see the Bills raise ticket prices by $20 this year... Why ? Just so they can never use the cash to cap excuse, or the Buffalo area can't hang with the bigger markets BS... If the fans won't spend for a winner then obvioulsy the chances of the Bills becoming a winner is reduced greatly.

I bet so many of the fans who are OK with the franchise and willing to give them a pass and blindly support them would run away if it meant paying $20 more per ticket. Which then begs the question what are you willing to pay when the new owners come?.. prices wil be raised even more so when that happens.

but proof is in the winning, and the continuous efforts of always making the team better. Not extedning a HC that ends a season 2-8, and not firing your OC and LT the week before the season begins, those were the final straws for me. Intelligence dictates you don't do either of those things...

Canadian'eh!
01-20-2010, 09:06 AM
Wait and see.

My protest is coming tonight. I will stand by my word 100%.

I've given the team the benefit of the doubt hundreds of times and never been rewarded for my loyalty. I'm done with that.

This was a stupid/cheap move to go with allt he other stupid/cheap moves. This team has 0 loyalty to it's fans. So i no longer have any for them.

jamze132
01-20-2010, 09:10 AM
I'm gonna protest by staying in Afghanistan until WK4 of next season.

Dujek
01-20-2010, 09:32 AM
I'm fine with it.

I may even see some of you guys at the home opener, depending on finances.

Luisito23
01-20-2010, 09:38 AM
I'm gonna donate some money to this board later because I really like the people here, but as far as wasting money on this franchise, it won't happen again until I see some serious changes made.

Jan Reimers
01-20-2010, 09:49 AM
Whjy would any intelligent consumer buy more of a product that has been competely inadequate for more then a decade ???
I think you've hit it right on the head, dd. There are Bills' fans, and Bills' consumers. The consumers ***** about a bad product, how much they're spending on the team, how they're going to "show" ownership by stopping their support, etc.

The fans say, "I can't wait for FA, the draft and camp. Go Bills." Fans are not stupid or blind, they have the Bills in their heart, not just their minds.

Mad Bomber
01-20-2010, 09:53 AM
People seem to be rather upset about the Gailey hire. Yup, uninspired but he's the coach.

If you are upset with the hire then how are you going to protest the hire? Time to put money where mouths are.
I'm not going to protest at all. I will still make the trip to Buffalo for the opener, if for nothing else to tailgate with my fellow Zoners.

Ebenezer
01-20-2010, 09:55 AM
I think you've hit it right on the head, dd. There are Bills' fans, and Bills' consumers. The consumers ***** about a bad product, how much they're spending on the team, how they're going to "show" ownership by stopping their support, etc.

The fans say, "I can't wait for FA, the draft and camp. Go Bills." Fans are not stupid or blind, they have the Bills in their heart, not just their minds.

I also find that the strongest protesting consumers are the ones who usually live the furthest away...the Bills are a connection to their roots. They've ditched everything else about the area but still cling to the Bills because it's sports. It doesn't really matter except that they were born in Buffalo and that's the link. So, being done financially from those folks doesn't mean anything to me. And if you live out of town and you paid the NFL for the sunday ticket to see the Bills you don't hurt the Bills by not renewing, sorry. That goes with merchandise and everything else...revenue sharing is just that. All teams get their cut. If the league gets rid of revenue sharing then the financial protests will mean something to the Bills...of course that will further weaken the team, lead to less success and their expediated departure from Buffalo...just the opposite everybody wants. But, then I guess the ones that protest and don't care won't have anything to ***** about...which leads me to wonder why they still bother now.

Sorry if that steps on toes but that is just the plain truth.

Ebenezer
01-20-2010, 10:05 AM
I'm not going to protest at all. I will still make the trip to Buffalo for the opener, if for nothing else to tailgate with my fellow Zoners.

just tell us how many tickets you need us to buy for you!

clumping platelets
01-20-2010, 10:06 AM
:eb: & :clump: will protest by buying better seats :D

Ebenezer
01-20-2010, 10:10 AM
:eb: & :clump: will protest by buying better seats :D

Can't we just get our old one back? We were a bit too "crowded" with the new ones...

clumping platelets
01-20-2010, 10:10 AM
:wtf:

You wouldn't want closer to midfield? :loser:

Ebenezer
01-20-2010, 10:12 AM
:wtf:

You wouldn't want closer to midfield? :loser:

Not if we have to move up X amount of rows.

clumping platelets
01-20-2010, 10:13 AM
Duh....I know that :yucky:

Ebenezer
01-20-2010, 10:15 AM
Duh....I know that :yucky:

see...on the same page :hi5:

BlackMetalNinja
01-20-2010, 10:17 AM
I was pissed and wanted to protest him, but the more I read about him, the more I like him. He's not Bill Cowher, but he might be Cowher lite. Afterall, he came highly recommended by Cowher and even Scott Pioli! Maybe he's the guy we have needed. Either way, I will continue to renew my season tickets and will support Gailey and the Buffalo Bills until they give me a reason not to.Mikey flip flopping his opinion to follow the crowd, there's a shock...

The last buffalo fan
01-20-2010, 10:18 AM
If economy keeps the way is with me, this might be my year. How much should I pay as a fine if I run naked by halftime at the opener?

clumping platelets
01-20-2010, 10:22 AM
If economy keeps the way is with me, this might be my year. How much should I pay as a fine if I run naked by halftime at the opener?

2000 pesos :dizzy:

BlackMetalNinja
01-20-2010, 10:26 AM
I also find that the strongest protesting consumers are the ones who usually live the furthest away...the Bills are a connection to their roots. They've ditched everything else about the area but still cling to the Bills because it's sports. It doesn't really matter except that they were born in Buffalo and that's the link. So, being done financially from those folks doesn't mean anything to me. And if you live out of town and you paid the NFL for the sunday ticket to see the Bills you don't hurt the Bills by not renewing, sorry. That goes with merchandise and everything else...revenue sharing is just that. All teams get their cut. If the league gets rid of revenue sharing then the financial protests will mean something to the Bills...of course that will further weaken the team, lead to less success and their expediated departure from Buffalo...just the opposite everybody wants. But, then I guess the ones that protest and don't care won't have anything to ***** about...which leads me to wonder why they still bother now.

Sorry if that steps on toes but that is just the plain truth.You guys are confusing two things... I didn't say I was "giving up" on this team or any such thing. They will still be my favorite team, and I will still hope for them to do well, just as I always have. The difference is I can no longer justify the massive expenditure I put forth towards the team.

You're right about there being more "protest" financially from those of us that live further away, because it cost us a hell of a lot more in terms of dollars and cents to actively support the team. I have easily spent over $1,000 on being able to follow, attend, etc. this team each year since I moved away from NY. It's very easy to not worry about the money when you live so close. The team is always on and you don't have to put in much effort to show your support. Going to a few games doesn't cost so much when you don't have to travel... hell, seasons tickets are CHEAPER than buying Sunday Ticket in most cases.

I was already going to have to make cut backs due to my household's current economic situation and the fact that I will have a child to worry about in a few months, but the Bills have made it easy for me to make up my mind about spending ridiculous amounts of money on them. They make claims of "big changes" and a stronger effort to make things better, and they under deliver. It's a never ending routine with this organization.

So yes, I hope Gailey succeeds, and yes, I hope the Bills do great, I'll be paying attention either way. But I'm no longer willing to fork over my allegiance in terms of cash when I don't feel like the team is holding up their end of the bargain.

There is a difference between being a fan and a consumer, but that doesn't make them mutually exclusive.

RockStar36
01-20-2010, 10:27 AM
You guys are confusing two things... I didn't say I was "giving up" on this team or any such thing. They will still be my favorite team, and I will still hope for them to do well, just as I always have. The difference is I can no longer justify the massive expenditure I put forth towards the team.

You're right about there being more "protest" financially from those of us that live further away, because it cost us a hell of a lot more in terms of dollars and cents to actively support the team. I have easily spent over $1,000 on being able to follow, attend, etc. this team each year since I moved away from NY. It's very easy to not worry about the money when you live so close. The team is always on and you don't have to put in much effort to show your support. Going to a few games doesn't cost so much when you don't have to travel... hell, seasons tickets are CHEAPER than buying Sunday Ticket in most cases.

I was already going to have to make cut backs due to my household's current economic situation and the fact that I will have a child to worry about in a few months, but the Bills have made it easy for me to make up my mind about spending ridiculous amounts of money on them. They make claims of "big changes" and a stronger effort to make things better, and they under deliver. It's a never ending routine with this organization.

So yes, I hope Gailey succeeds, and yes, I hope the Bills do great, I'll be paying attention either way. But I'm no longer willing to fork over my allegiance in terms of cash when I don't feel like the team is holding up their end of the bargain.

There is a difference between being a fan and a consumer, but that doesn't make them mutually exclusive.

Take the money saved from the Bills and get Center Ice. It's a much better product in the long run.

Tatonka
01-20-2010, 10:48 AM
im done spending money on the team. period. i will still watch and keep up as always.. but i have already sold all but 1 jersey, as well as most other gear, other than a few things that Jim Kelly gave me. im not purchasing any tickets or going to see any games...The bills want me to spend money on them.. produce a winner.. i am not protesting the Gailey hire specifically.. i am just not going to finacially support a piece of **** product.. i've done it for 20 years.. im done with all that.. build a winner and stop talking about it.. because i have seen this song and dance too many times before.. and if the team folds, which will be due to the piece of **** owner, i will gladly pick a new team..

Throne Logic
01-20-2010, 11:07 AM

For better or for worse the past 10+ years have beat some of that die-hard passion out of me. I no longer get mad at the stupid or crazy elated at the miraculous.

I find that the Bills have become more of an addiction now. I absolutely have to watch and read. I must know as soon as possible what happens next. But I no longer scream at TV / laptop screens or dance silly little jigs with touchdowns.

Ultimately, I have so much emotionally invested in this team, that I must see this through. I have to be connected when this team does finally turn things around. For all the people who wonder why I put myself through watching Bills' games week after week - my wife primarily. My wife, whom I've known since the Summer of 2001, just cannot understand. I can talk about the good times. Show her the memorabilia, including the ticket stubs from 1/3/93, but all she knows of the Bills is the national perception. This is tainted by her brother, the Jets fan, who has his own divisional opponent perspective. I want share with her some of the joy and excitement of the early 90's. I need her to experience it in order for her to understand.

So Chan's hiring is just another event right now. A new coach saying most of the right things (read: what we want to hear). I'd characterize my feelings as "underwhelmed". I'll keep watching and reading. Maybe something special will happen to shock the NFL - and maybe not.

And so it goes. . .

Chain Gang
01-20-2010, 11:46 AM
No money from me for anything until this regime changes. I am sick of the lies and the same old BS from this organization. So some of you will be happy that some seats have opened up for you next year.........enjoy........

Michael82
01-20-2010, 11:57 AM
If an entire decade of losing hasn't given you a reason not to yet, I doubt that reason will ever come.

Look at it this way, I've been a season ticket holder for the last 6 years. And I've been going to most of the games for the last 8 years. Nope...that reason will never come, unless the team moved.

Michael82
01-20-2010, 12:01 PM
Mikey flip flopping his opinion to follow the crowd, there's a shock...

Not really. I'm all talk. sure I may be pissed at the move and the other moves they make, but I'm still proudly wearing my Bills hat everyday and I'm still planning on renewing my tickets. I'm willing to give Gailey a chance, but after a few years...if nothing has changed, then I will gladly help to run him out of town, like we did with Williams, Mularkey and Jauron. :up:

DraftBoy
01-20-2010, 12:06 PM

Not in my opinion.

Ralph did what I wanted him to. He brought in a football guy as a GM. That was the biggest thing to me, because without that a coach meant ****. He went after the biggest names he could and threw the entire boat at them. They declined we move on.

We got change, whether we all like it or not.

Jan Reimers
01-20-2010, 12:24 PM
Not really. I'm all talk. sure I may be pissed at the move and the other moves they make, but I'm still proudly wearing my Bills hat everyday and I'm still planning on renewing my tickets. I'm willing to give Gailey a chance, but after a few years...if nothing has changed, then I will gladly help to run him out of town, like we did with Williams, Mularkey and Jauron. :up:
Mike, we're the same kind of Bills' fan. We get pissed, we sputter and spout and threaten to quit, etc., etc., then we settle down and start hoping for the best for our beloved team. It's in the blood, and there is nothing we can do about it.

The last buffalo fan
01-20-2010, 12:24 PM
2000 pesos :dizzy:

WTF!! I guess I won't be protesting this year.

Michael82
01-20-2010, 12:30 PM
Mike, we're the same kind of Bills' fan. We get pissed, we sputter and spout and threaten to quit, etc., etc., then we settle down and start hoping for the best for our beloved team. It's in the blood, and there is nothing we can do about it.

Thanks man! I'm proud to be considered as diehard of a Bills fan as you. I know everyone thinks I'm flip flopping, but you hit it on the head. It's more about calming down and hoping that we are finally going to make the right move. I'm hoping and praying that Gailey will be our next Levy. My head thinks differently, but my heart believes that this is going to be different than the last 10 years. Maybe we finally found the right guy.... :pray:

:gobills:

Mudflap1
01-20-2010, 12:31 PM
Take the money saved from the Bills and get Center Ice. It's a much better product in the long run.

Center Ice kicks butt!!

Night Train
01-20-2010, 02:58 PM
I'm protesting it by reading Draftboys posts about the upcoming East-West Shrine game, then will study the reports and links on the upcoming Senior Bowl the following Saturday.

I'm concentrating on OT, LB and the DL.

Mitchell55
01-20-2010, 05:12 PM
By watching the **** out of the 2010 bills games. Yeah, thatll showem