Once the Noise Level Dies Down. . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Once the Noise Level Dies Down. . .

I hope those of you who are yelling, screaming, ranting, raving and shouting obscenities will take a thorough look at Nix and Gailey. They both have very good track records, and at least deserve a chance.

They are veteran football guys who should be able to put this franchise back on an even keel.

I know that I am looking forward, rather than backward, and eagerly awaiting free agency and the draft, to see how they fill our holes and move us ahead.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?
  • SABURZFAN
    short bus extraordinaire
    • Jul 2002

Re: Once the Noise Level Dies Down. . .

i hope they go to another board.
    Originally posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• The Compromise
      Junior Zoner
      • May 2007

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
      I hope those of you who are yelling, screaming, ranting, raving and shouting obscenities will take a thorough look at Nix and Gailey. They both have very good track records, and at least deserve a chance.

They are veteran football guys who should be able to put this franchise back on an even keel.

I know that I am looking forward, rather than backward, and eagerly awaiting free agency and the draft, to see how they fill our holes and move us ahead.
      Broken record

Comment

• elltrain22
        • Sep 2003

Great post, completely agree.
        If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• BoyILuvLoznStupidly
          • Sep 2009

I'm actually warming up to Nix. I liked how he handled himself at the presser and told it like it is. He seems to have a no nonsense attitude. Now I hope he is the same way with the players and coaches.

You have to admit the Raiders comment was pretty funny and ballsy?

Comment

• Dujek
            Hall of Fame Zoner
            • Jan 2008

Agreed. The very first thing I thought when I saw the Gailey hire was "****ing hell", but I thought about it a bit more, and I'm willing to take his record at face value and give him every chance to prove himself.

I already think that Nix was a decent hire as GM, and while he's not going to be in the position long term he will be there long enough to help right the ship.

I don't understand the hate for Nix and Gailey from certain posters, and why they're so certain that two guys who have been reasonably successful their entire careers are now doomed to failure in Buffalo.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              • May 2003

Originally posted by The Compromise
              Broken record
              Someone has to compete with the broken record of those Bills' "fans" who spam this board with their "I hate the Bills, I hate Ralph, I hate Nix, I hate Gailey, I hate the players, I hate the FO, everything they do is wrong, nothing will ever work," crap.

And they shout their irrational hatred so loud, that reason hardly ever has a chance.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• madness
                • Apr 2003

My favorite part is they both look to be straight shooters. So far they've given us no reason to believe that they'll say one thing and do another or give generic answers that never really answer anything like our old friend Dick. It's a nice change of pace.

Comment

• madness
                  • Apr 2003

Someone has to compete with the broken record of those Bills' "fans" who spam this board with their "I hate the Bills, I hate Ralph, I hate Nix, I hate Gailey, I hate the players, I hate the FO, everything they do is wrong, nothing will ever work," crap.

And they shout their irrational hatred so loud, that reason hardly ever has a chance.
                  You mean we actually come to this board to have intelligent discussions about our football team? Who'd a thunk it?

Comment

• hydro
                    • Oct 2005

I understand the point and agree to a point. But don't you just feel like a idiot sometimes thinking this team will turn it around season after season when we have gone down this same road for 10 years?
                    BERNIAC!

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

My anger has also subsided. The more I read about Gailey, the more I like him. He's the offensive mind we needed, he also has some fire in his belly and believes in practicing with pads. I don't see him having his players practice in the fieldhouse all the time. They will definitely be outside. I for one, can't wait until Training Camp, so I can see how much better his practices are, compared to the snooze practices under Dick Jauron. That will be my first step to see what we got. Now I just hope that he can bring in some good assistants and begin the turnaround on this team.

Comment

• Luisito23
                        Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                        • Apr 2003

everything they do is wrong

Everything the Bills do is wrong though, so how can you blame people for expressing the way they feel. I mean I can understand it if we were the Patriots, or the Steelers and we hired a cheap retread, because these franchises actually know what they're doing, and their fans should in now way criticize, or doubt them, but when you've been fed the same garbage for over a decade how can you possible be mad at anyone that asks for a different menu?
                        "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                        ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                        ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                        ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• don137
                          • Jul 2002

While they could of done worse they also could of done better. I do not mind Nix as much because he seems to know talent but not a fan of Gailey. I think Gailey is just average. Maybe a small step up from Jauron. I just do not think is enough to go to the next level and field a team that could win the division. While other teams get top coaches, spend for top players the Bills are inferior on both fronts.

Comment

• THRILLHO
                            This is great, and all I've done is enter my name!
                            • Feb 2009

You are correct, Gailey does deserve a chance. Its the FO that everyone is upset with. So while everyone is yelling at Gailey, they are really mad at the Bills Brass. I am sure that most people are willing to give the coach a chance.
                            True fans want wins, not draft picks.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                              • May 2003

Originally posted by hey2abills
                              You are correct, Gailey does deserve a chance. Its the FO that everyone is upset with. So while everyone is yelling at Gailey, they are really mad at the Bills Brass. I am sure that most people are willing to give the coach a chance.
                              That's the kind of noise I'm talking about. People are so upset, they misdirect their anger, and also just assume that because the last three coaches have failed, every new coach forever and ever will fail - unless it's their chosen favorite.

Comment

Working...
                              X