• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Italian Stallion
    Knows More Than You
    • Feb 2004

My Negativity is over with...

(I know there's another thread similiar to this but I just wanted to say my piece)

Alright, look I was as as most other people on this board when this decision initally came down to hire Chan Gailey and was wondering if this was truly it for me rooting for this team.

Then a strange, unexpected thing happened while watching the press conference. I liked the guy. I can honestly say that after all of these same press conferences this team has had in the past (Williams, Mularkey, Jauron) this is the only one that has me feeling the way I do. I went to school for Communications and Public Relations, and I can sniff out bull **** on the spot. However, for the first time in a long time....I actually enjoyed listening to this coach speak and I look forward to seeing what they can do.

Do I think this team is going to be amazing this year? No...but then again it's only January. All 32 teams will look dramatically different come August. I agree with some of the other posts that mention the outward attitude that seems to exist with Nix and Gailey. I view this as a "chip on the shoulder" mentality that these guys want to prove that they were right and everyone else was wrong (Nix already hates most of the media and was letting Sullivan and Roth have it)

That mentality is what this team needs. None of the "respect the game and opponent and hope we get lucky" attitude that was here previously with Jauron. The mindset of "Hey were good, and let me show you so you all (excuse me 'YALL) can admit you were wrong" is what I'm talking about and what has me excited.

Will it translate to more wins? No idea. But count me in as supporting this coach...and hopefully, for once, they will pleasantly suprise all of us.

Go Bills.
    Last edited by Italian Stallion; 01-20-2010, 08:20 AM.
    BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes
  • Billz_fan
    • Jan 2003

Re: My Negativity is over with...

Optimism based on hope. It's what this team has lived on for years. The people line up outside the stadium every year in hopes the team produces a winner. The front office has the power to give the fans more than hope each year yet they choose not to. They choose to protect the bottom line and build the team to sell tickets rather than win games.It's quite smart actually from a business standpoint. How long does the fan base hold up though ? Supporting a team based on hope. So far Ralph and company have done a wonderful job selling hope to ticket buyers. For me no more money is spent of football period till they produce a playoff team. No tickets no merchandise no Sunday ticket. Im done buying hope.
    The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
      • Feb 2009

You know what after listening to him and hearing his philosphy, I've started to warm to him to. I guess though, there is nothing else we can do.

Comment

• Italian Stallion
        Knows More Than You
        • Feb 2004

Originally posted by WeAreMarshawn23
        You know what after listening to him and hearing his philosphy, I've started to warm to him to. I guess though, there is nothing else we can do.
        Exactly, this is my bottom line take on it. They just better win. Plain and simple. Im just so tired of being mad and negative all the time...hopefully I wont have a reason to be this season and beyond.
        BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
          • Apr 2005

all i know is, if the story about marty wanting this job is true, i will never forgive this franchise

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
            Pinkerton's son
            • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Italian Stallion
            (I know there's another thread similiar to this but I just wanted to say my piece)

Alright, look I was as as most other people on this board when this decision initally came down to hire Chan Gailey and was wondering if this was truly it for me rooting for this team.

Then a strange, unexpected thing happened while watching the press conference. I liked the guy. I can honestly say that after all of these same press conferences this team has had in the past (Williams, Mularkey, Jauron) this is the only one that has me feeling the way I do. I went to school for Communications and Public Relations, and I can sniff out bull **** on the spot. However, for the first time in a long time....I actually enjoyed listening to this coach speak and I look forward to seeing what they can do.

Do I think this team is going to be amazing this year? No...but then again it's only January. All 32 teams will look dramatically different come August. I agree with some of the other posts that mention the outward attitude that seems to exist with Nix and Gailey. I view this as a "chip on the shoulder" mentality that these guys want to prove that they were right and everyone else was wrong (Nix already hates most of the media and was letting Sullivan and Roth have it)

That mentality is what this team needs. None of the "respect the game and opponent and hope we get lucky" attitude that was here previously with Jauron. The mindset of "Hey were good, and let me show you so you all (excuse me 'YALL) can admit you were wrong" is what I'm talking about and what has me excited.

Will it translate to more wins? No idea. But count me in as supporting this coach...and hopefully, for once, they will pleasantly suprise all of us.

Go Bills.
            nice post man.

Comment

• DynaPaul
              • Sep 2003

It hasn't ended yet. Just wait till the season starts!

Comment

Working...
              X