• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Laughing stock still

As I was updating the Bills Zone's front page this morning I noticed one sentiment from the media across both nations. The bills are the laughing stock of the league again.

The headlines read like:

Gailey a good fit...for Buffalo, is this uposed to mean the team couldn't find anyone else?

Chan Gailey's no Bill Cowher, but he might be answer for Buffalo Bills

Bills’ hiring of Gailey reeks of damage control

Welcome to Weird-ville, Chan

Other team coveted Gailey but he lacked sizzle

And it goes on...

Being a Bills fan is going to be even harder this week.
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

• Luisito23
    Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
    • Apr 2003

Re: Laughing stock again?

Again? When did it stop?
    "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
    ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
    ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
    ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Historian
      2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
      • Dec 2002

It's us and the Lions baby!

We rule the cellar!

Comment

• Mahdi
        • Mar 2004

Dont care. If Gailey knows football then give him some talent to work with and he will get it done. If the cupboard is bare then it won't matter who is coach.

Comment

• northernbillfan
          Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Luisito23
          Again? When did it stop?
          I was thinking of saying still.
          When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• Lone Stranger
            • Sep 2002

I don't think those comments are unfair. Those are realistic assessments. How much worse can Gailey be than some of the options available. He needs players just like everbody else.

Comment

• Buckets
              • Jun 2003

It's amazing how some people can find negativity in anything.

Comment

• Throne Logic
                Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
                • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Historian
                It's us and the Lions baby!

We rule the cellar!
                Ah, but now there is nowhere to go but up!

. . . or L.A . . .
                Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• cocamide
                  • Oct 2006

I don't think we're as much of a laughing stock as everyone here claims we are. People in the media outside of Buffalo actually think Ralph is a good owner. I'm not saying I agree with them, but the perception outside of these boards is not what we think. We're usually competitive in games, and although we've finished 7-9, 7-9, 7-9, 6-10 in our last four seasons, there are teams who have done much worse recently. The Rams, Raiders, Browns (even though they have our number), and Lions are worse than us, and hell, even Washington could be considered in this category. My point: there are a lot of crappy teams; we're crappy, but not the crappiest.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

I also think that Nix and Gailey are respected by true football people around the league, if not by some of the empty talking heads from ESPN and other media outlets.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• trapezeus
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Oct 2004

Originally posted by cocamide
                      I don't think we're as much of a laughing stock as everyone here claims we are. People in the media outside of Buffalo actually think Ralph is a good owner. I'm not saying I agree with them, but the perception outside of these boards is not what we think. We're usually competitive in games, and although we've finished 7-9, 7-9, 7-9, 6-10 in our last four seasons, there are teams who have done much worse recently. The Rams, Raiders, Browns (even though they have our number), and Lions are worse than us, and hell, even Washington could be considered in this category. My point: there are a lot of crappy teams; we're crappy, but not the crappiest.
                      fair enough, but those teams also get into the playoffs occassionally. They suck because they had a year or two of relativeness. (sans the lions)

This team sucks, no one wants to be here despite the fact the stadium sells out. Our town is no different than greenbay, kansas city, minnesota. it's no new york, but it's got stuff going for it. if it won for a change, people wouldn't care.

Why is it that hockey players come here and love it so much. Oh right, ebcause they win.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                        • May 2003

Originally posted by trapezeus
                        fair enough, but those teams also get into the playoffs occassionally. They suck because they had a year or two of relativeness. (sans the lions)

This team sucks, no one wants to be here despite the fact the stadium sells out. Our town is no different than greenbay, kansas city, minnesota. it's no new york, but it's got stuff going for it. if it won for a change, people wouldn't care.

Why is it that hockey players come here and love it so much. Oh right, ebcause they win.
                        Most hockey players grew up in Moose Balls, Saskatchawan.
                        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

the inner cities of major cities and the backwaters of florida and texas isn't much better.

I think the main difference is that the hockey guys play longer seasons and just end up living here year round. it becomes their town. they get it.

For 4 months, our superstar Mr. Schobel lives in a crap home in the southtowns. and then moves out immediately. He doesn't care, he doesn't understand anything about buffalo.

Buffalo is not a glitzy place, but football players shouldn't be glitzy people. You play the best game in the world. The pysche of football players has really changed the last 10-15 years. they are babies that don't want to win because its hard. That's why there aren't any legacy teams.

These teams just fall backass into championships with good team falling out routinely from idiotic play calling, poor execution, poor desire.

Comment

• Bling
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by cocamide
                            No offense, but it's a joke here in Tallahassee, and people around here don't even have a pro football team. The Bills are just funny to the rest of us.

Comment

• BAM
                              • Sep 2003

I've been getting laughed at about the Bills since I started rooting for them in the early 90's

Comment

Working...
                              X