PDA

View Full Version : Laughing stock still

northernbillfan
01-20-2010, 09:22 AM
As I was updating the Bills Zone's front page (http://www.billszone.com/) this morning I noticed one sentiment from the media across both nations. The bills are the laughing stock of the league again.

The headlines read like:

Gailey a good fit...for Buffalo, is this uposed to mean the team couldn't find anyone else?

Chan Gailey's no Bill Cowher, but he might be answer for Buffalo Bills

Bills’ hiring of Gailey reeks of damage control

Welcome to Weird-ville, Chan

Other team coveted Gailey but he lacked sizzle

And it goes on...

Being a Bills fan is going to be even harder this week.

Luisito23
01-20-2010, 09:23 AM
Again? When did it stop?

Historian
It's us and the Lions baby!

We rule the cellar!

Mahdi
Dont care. If Gailey knows football then give him some talent to work with and he will get it done. If the cupboard is bare then it won't matter who is coach.

northernbillfan
01-20-2010, 09:29 AM
Again? When did it stop?I was thinking of saying still.

Lone Stranger
01-20-2010, 09:55 AM
I don't think those comments are unfair. Those are realistic assessments. How much worse can Gailey be than some of the options available. He needs players just like everbody else.

Buckets
01-20-2010, 10:44 AM
It's amazing how some people can find negativity in anything.

Throne Logic
01-20-2010, 10:48 AM
It's us and the Lions baby!

We rule the cellar!

Ah, but now there is nowhere to go but up!

. . . or L.A . . . :(

cocamide
01-20-2010, 10:54 AM
I don't think we're as much of a laughing stock as everyone here claims we are. People in the media outside of Buffalo actually think Ralph is a good owner. I'm not saying I agree with them, but the perception outside of these boards is not what we think. We're usually competitive in games, and although we've finished 7-9, 7-9, 7-9, 6-10 in our last four seasons, there are teams who have done much worse recently. The Rams, Raiders, Browns (even though they have our number), and Lions are worse than us, and hell, even Washington could be considered in this category. My point: there are a lot of crappy teams; we're crappy, but not the crappiest.

Jan Reimers
01-20-2010, 10:58 AM
I also think that Nix and Gailey are respected by true football people around the league, if not by some of the empty talking heads from ESPN and other media outlets.

trapezeus
01-20-2010, 10:59 AM
I don't think we're as much of a laughing stock as everyone here claims we are. People in the media outside of Buffalo actually think Ralph is a good owner. I'm not saying I agree with them, but the perception outside of these boards is not what we think. We're usually competitive in games, and although we've finished 7-9, 7-9, 7-9, 6-10 in our last four seasons, there are teams who have done much worse recently. The Rams, Raiders, Browns (even though they have our number), and Lions are worse than us, and hell, even Washington could be considered in this category. My point: there are a lot of crappy teams; we're crappy, but not the crappiest.

fair enough, but those teams also get into the playoffs occassionally. They suck because they had a year or two of relativeness. (sans the lions)

This team sucks, no one wants to be here despite the fact the stadium sells out. Our town is no different than greenbay, kansas city, minnesota. it's no new york, but it's got stuff going for it. if it won for a change, people wouldn't care.

Why is it that hockey players come here and love it so much. Oh right, ebcause they win.

Jan Reimers
01-20-2010, 11:01 AM
fair enough, but those teams also get into the playoffs occassionally. They suck because they had a year or two of relativeness. (sans the lions)

This team sucks, no one wants to be here despite the fact the stadium sells out. Our town is no different than greenbay, kansas city, minnesota. it's no new york, but it's got stuff going for it. if it won for a change, people wouldn't care.

Why is it that hockey players come here and love it so much. Oh right, ebcause they win.
Most hockey players grew up in Moose Balls, Saskatchawan.

trapezeus
01-20-2010, 11:16 AM
the inner cities of major cities and the backwaters of florida and texas isn't much better.

I think the main difference is that the hockey guys play longer seasons and just end up living here year round. it becomes their town. they get it.

For 4 months, our superstar Mr. Schobel lives in a crap home in the southtowns. and then moves out immediately. He doesn't care, he doesn't understand anything about buffalo.

Buffalo is not a glitzy place, but football players shouldn't be glitzy people. You play the best game in the world. The pysche of football players has really changed the last 10-15 years. they are babies that don't want to win because its hard. That's why there aren't any legacy teams.

These teams just fall backass into championships with good team falling out routinely from idiotic play calling, poor execution, poor desire.

Bling
01-20-2010, 11:31 AM

No offense, but it's a joke here in Tallahassee, and people around here don't even have a pro football team. The Bills are just funny to the rest of us.

BAM
01-20-2010, 11:34 AM
I've been getting laughed at about the Bills since I started rooting for them in the early 90's

Bling
01-20-2010, 11:37 AM
I've been getting laughed at about the Bills since I started rooting for them in the early 90's

That long? Damn dude.

BAM
01-20-2010, 11:38 AM
Well I was only about 10 back then but losing 4 SB's in a row will have that effect. Especially when most of my family is Steelers, Skins & Cowgirls fans. :ill:

SABURZFAN
01-20-2010, 11:41 AM
all arrows point directly to The Old Fart. he's a joke.

BAM
01-20-2010, 11:42 AM
And he's in the Hall of Fame. :ill:

SABURZFAN
01-20-2010, 11:42 AM
No offense, but it's a joke here in Tallahassee, and people around here don't even have a pro football team. The Bills are just funny to the rest of us.

most students at Tallahassee can't spell funny. :rolleyes:

SABURZFAN
01-20-2010, 11:44 AM
And he's in the Hall of Fame. :ill:

remember when he was getting snubbed every year and people were *****ing about it? i caught hell for saying he wasn't worthy of it. now you know why.

cocamide
01-20-2010, 12:06 PM

No offense, but Tallahassee is a joke of a city.

Historian
01-20-2010, 12:29 PM

People who live in glass fishtanks.....

Mudflap1
01-20-2010, 12:36 PM
I was thinking of saying still.

Take away the question mark and put "still" in there and you've got it.

Cntrygal
01-20-2010, 02:50 PM
Again? When did it stop?

Exactly what I thought when I saw the thread title.

Griff
01-20-2010, 02:55 PM

Rofl the dolphins.

Ingtar33
01-20-2010, 03:27 PM
most students at Tallahassee can't spell funny. :rolleyes:

or Tallahassee

Again? When did it stop?

Exactly what I thought when I saw the thread title.

I was thinking the same thing

northernbillfan
01-20-2010, 06:33 PM
Oklay, I'll change the title, but the sentiment remains the same.