PDA

View Full Version : Mike and Mike in the morning make fun of Bills

billsburgh
01-20-2010, 11:10 AM
around 7:15 this morning they were talking about Nix and his statement about getting so many calls every day. they then played Nix's "voicemail messages". first was Rich Kotite expressing interest and getting cut off before finishing. next was Bill Cowher basicall saying to leave him alone and he's not interested. next was Charlie Weiss saying he would like the job, but he's tired of losing games. last was Henry Winkler, saying he was flattered that he was considered, but that he's not really a coach, he only played on in the waterboy movie.

It was actually pretty funny.

trapezeus
01-20-2010, 11:13 AM
i stopped defending the team last year when they brough jauron back. when people take a shot at buffalo, i just say, "how hard is that? making jokes about a team that doesn't even take itself seriously?" and go on my way.

The bills continue to embarass themselves. imagine if they were a big market team and made these types of mistakes routinely. They would get skewered all over the press. it would be nonstop. yet here in buffalo, no one goes after these guys. No one makes ralph wilson answer to his mess. No one gets in russ brandon's face. No one asks for anything better. WE just ask that this **** team stay in our town.

THATHURMANATOR
01-20-2010, 11:15 AM
**** THEM

Pinkerton Security
01-20-2010, 11:17 AM
Well Greenie is a Jets fan and Golic is just a pretentious Notre Dame alum who will choke you out if you so much as think about putting the words "Notre" and "Dame" in a joke, so I dont really care what they think about Buffalo.

That being said I listen to them all the time, it is better than listening to the crap music they play on the radio nowadays!

BAM
01-20-2010, 11:18 AM
Sounds funny... anyone record it?

BillsWin
01-20-2010, 11:19 AM
Im tired of defending a team that continuously lets the fanbase down and is content with mediocrity. Maybe Gailey will change that attitude. I can only pray at this point.

ddaryl
01-20-2010, 11:23 AM
nothing at all to defend. We're best off joining in on the joke and entertainng ourselves... Something the Bills have failed to do for us in a long time

realdealryan
01-20-2010, 11:24 AM
The two of them have manufactured 'takes' timed up with commercial breaks and no real conversation between them. Golic will pick against Greenie just to be different, Greenie calls him dumb and fat; they've got their radio duo "product" fairly refined, but I don't like it. Also, Greenie is a dirty Jets fan who called MLK a coon.

So, to second Thurm, **** them.

HHURRICANE
01-20-2010, 11:26 AM
Seriously, people are ripping on Mike and Mike?

The guys are making fun of an obvious flawed situation.

Sorry guys but the Bills brought this upon themselves.

realdealryan
01-20-2010, 11:27 AM
Seriously, people are ripping on Mike and Mike?

The guys are making fun of an obvious flawed situation.

Sorry guys but the Bills brought this upon themselves.

The Bills didn't turn Mike & Mike into a terrible show.

Zero
01-20-2010, 11:33 AM
Nix sounded like a snake oils salesman at worst and a used car salesman at best during that press conference. I dont buy his remarks about all those the supposed phone calls received for a minute. I think most people saw it as a fairly mediocre attempt to improve the Bills' credibility in the eyes of the public.

Personally I cringed when I heard Nix's speak yesterday. If I was running a franchise I sure as hell wouldnt let HIM take the podium, but thats just me.

Beebe's Kid
01-20-2010, 11:35 AM
The two of them have manufactured 'takes' timed up with commercial breaks and no real conversation between them. Golic will pick against Greenie just to be different, Greenie calls him dumb and fat; they've got their radio duo "product" fairly refined, but I don't like it. Also, Greenie is a dirty Jets fan who called MLK a coon.

So, to second Thurm, **** them.

Yeah, same shtick day in, day out. "Greenie" says something in his chic-y whiny-over-the-top radio voice....Golic starts yell-talking stuttering at the beginning of every statement, a tired act that Bulldog loves to emulate. Talk radio is effing horrible. Rome is the only one I can stomach. I know most don't like him, but at least he is somebody that I share a sense of humor with. M&M, Gotlieb, Cowherd, etc are the kind of guys I would like to punch right in the f$#king mouth...

As far as what they say about the Bills... What can you say? We deserve it. I know most blame Ralph, but really, Jauron turned us into a complete laughing stock. RW has done his part, before you go all-Golic on me, but Jauron drove us into the ground. No other 6-10 team was laughed at like us.

Nix and Gailey have he opportunity to shove it up all their a@@es.... I guarantee, after seeing Nix with media yesterday, that is his goal, and a bit of a mission... I will trust in them until I am let down, and I hope that time doesn't come.

HHURRICANE
01-20-2010, 11:37 AM
Bottom line is that the Bills hired two guys that will be lucky to succeed here.

Ralph saved a bunch of money.

I don't know how we interviewed Cowher when the Bills admitted that they only interviewed Gailey and Frazier for the job. All that work to interview two guys. Good job OBD.

Sorry, but the writing is on the wall and I'm glad Mike and Mike are calling the team out for it.

Beebe's Kid
01-20-2010, 11:39 AM
Nix sounded like a snake oils salesman at worst and a used car salesman at best. I dont buy his remarks about the supposed phone calls received for a minute. I think most people saw it as a fairly mediocre attempt to improve the Bills' credibility in the eyes of the public.

Personally I cringed when I heard Nix's speak yesterday. If I was running a franchise I sure as hell wouldnt let HIM take the podium, but thats just me.

He has an accent...as far as a snake-oil salesman, I think you are stereotyping. He sounded like a guy that knew he had a tough job ahead of him, and let the media, or lack there of in B-lo know just how high he values their opinion. Which is lower than the belly-button on a rattler, boy...:tobykeith

Jan Reimers
01-20-2010, 11:47 AM
One thing that really helps as a Bills' fan is to have a sense of humor and skin like a rhino. I usually watch Mike and Mike, and would have enjoyed their parody. But I was having too much fun watching the Dems spin their debacle in "Massachusettes" (Coakley campaign spelling).

Zero
01-20-2010, 11:51 AM
He has an accent...as far as a snake-oil salesman, I think you are stereotyping. He sounded like a guy that knew he had a tough job ahead of him, and let the media, or lack there of in B-lo know just how high he values their opinion. Which is lower than the belly-button on a rattler, boy...:tobykeith

Im not stereotyping the guy because of his accent. Hell, Ted Turner sounds as country as Nix and he's a billionaire! And I'm sure Nix is an educated man and brilliant scout. But his blanket statements reeked of salesmanship and stressed credulity with me. And of course we was unwillling to offer up anything to substantiate his claims. This is a popular ploy ...

Mike in Syracuse
01-20-2010, 11:55 AM
WHAT? Someone made fun of Buffalo?? Queue Buffalo fan outrage in 3...2....1

Can we please get back to making fun of our owner! I haven't read a thread with the words "Wilson" and "tapioca" or "diaper" yet today.

G Wolly
01-20-2010, 11:56 AM
I'd like to defend us by offering a counter to the insults.

But it's real hard when we suck so hard.

HHURRICANE
01-20-2010, 12:00 PM
I'd like to defend us by offering a counter to the insults.

But it's real hard when we suck so hard.

Great post. Our position is undefendable.

We can act like it's going to be okay when deep down inside everyone knows it won't.

This is a classic Hank Bullough, Kay Stephenson hire.

G Wolly
01-20-2010, 12:04 PM
It's like defending your kid who gets in fights and can't last long enough to make it a challenge.

We're disappointed and can't defend him, but we still love him because he's ours.

RockStar36
01-20-2010, 12:31 PM
It was a joke guys.

People that are upset by this need to just relax and let it go. If you weren't a Buffalo fan, it would be funny, because it's mostly true.

Mudflap1
01-20-2010, 12:33 PM
I'm a Bills fan, and I think it's funny.

YardRat
01-20-2010, 12:40 PM
That is pretty funny.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-20-2010, 01:00 PM
I dont think Mike and Mike can say anything worse about the bills than is said here on this forum :)

Mike
01-20-2010, 02:24 PM
I am telling you,
you guys will start missing the likes of Tom Donehue
Greg Williams and Mike Malarkey... maybe even Dickie!
at least you have false hope under those regimes,
now you can not even fall back on False Hope...
With Greg at least we had a Great Defense
With Mularkey we went from 0-4 to 9-7 and had our only winning season in the decade.
With Dickie, we can an impressive 5-1 start, Full of False Hope...
Now, things will get really bad...
2-14 here we come! Better yet, we can try to beat the Lions record of 0-16, just do it worst then them!

ParanoidAndroid
01-20-2010, 02:43 PM
Well Greenie is a Jets fan and Golic is just a pretentious Notre Dame alum who will choke you out if you so much as think about putting the words "Notre" and "Dame" in a joke, so I dont really care what they think about Buffalo.

That being said I listen to them all the time, it is better than listening to the crap music they play on the radio nowadays!

try pandora... the radio has sucked for 20 years

elltrain22
01-20-2010, 06:46 PM
Greenberg is a little dork who knows jack about sports, period. Golic is a big, dumb goof, who knows how to eat donuts, and thats about it. Screw these 2 idiots.

Beebe's Kid
01-20-2010, 10:59 PM
Greenberg is a little dork who knows jack about sports, period. Golic is a big, dumb goof, who knows how to eat donuts, and thats about it. Screw these 2 idiots.

I think Golic gave up the donuts...Isn't he on Nutrisystem? Where you subsist on hot-man-chowder prepared by Marino, or get on the stem-fast diet with LT?

Billz_fan
01-21-2010, 02:34 AM
I don't know how so many of you can be so sensitive and be Bills fans. I would think Bills fans would have thicker skin and a better sense of humor.

Syderick
01-21-2010, 02:43 AM
I am telling you,
you guys will start missing the likes of Tom Donehue
Greg Williams and Mike Malarkey... maybe even Dickie!
at least you have false hope under those regimes,
now you can not even fall back on False Hope...
With Greg at least we had a Great Defense
With Mularkey we went from 0-4 to 9-7 and had our only winning season in the decade.
With Dickie, we can an impressive 5-1 start, Full of False Hope...
Now, things will get really bad...
2-14 here we come! Better yet, we can try to beat the Lions record of 0-16, just do it worst then them!

How do you do worse then 0-16?

El Guapo
01-21-2010, 07:09 AM
How do you do worse then 0-16?

Lose all the games by wider margins. :doh: