• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Studesville headed to Denver

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that former Buffalo Bills running backs coach Eric Studesville will take the same position with the Denver Broncos.

FULL STORY

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Re: Studesville headed to Denver

It's tough to gauge Studville as a coach, really. Fred Jackson was a nobody before he came to Buffalo, and now he's a 1000 yard back. On the other hand, guys like McGahee and Lynch are underachieving.

Comment

• BoyILuvLoznStupidly
      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
      It's tough to gauge Studville as a coach, really. Fred Jackson was a nobody before he came to Buffalo, and now he's a 1000 yard back. On the other hand, guys like McGahee and Lynch are underachieving.
      Maybe it's a 23 thing, sort of like the number 11 thing.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
        • Jul 2005

What's interesting to me is that so many of our former coaches are getting scooped up by relatively successfull, well funded franchises:

Fewell: Giants
        April: Eagles
        Kugler: Steelers
        Studesville: Denver

While of course Jauron and AVP are still unemployed, it does make you wonder a little about the proportion of coaching in the fomula of why-we-sucked-so-bad the past three years. Obviously it all starts at the top, and the HC sets the pace for the whole team. But at least positionally, we did seem to have a pretty good staff under Jauron. Just musing...
        Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• Buddo
          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Saratoga Slim
          What's interesting to me is that so many of our former coaches are getting scooped up by relatively successfull, well funded franchises:

Fewell: Giants
          April: Eagles
          Kugler: Steelers
          Studesville: Denver

While of course Jauron and AVP are still unemployed, it does make you wonder a little about the proportion of coaching in the fomula of why-we-sucked-so-bad the past three years. Obviously it all starts at the top, and the HC sets the pace for the whole team. But at least positionally, we did seem to have a pretty good staff under Jauron. Just musing...

TBH, if there was a 'list' of guys who I wouldn't have minded keeping, those are the ones I would have seriously considered, alongside Bob Sanders, and Catavalos. The rest would have gone the way of the bathwater.
          I always felt it was difficult to get a proper 'handle' on what sort of a job Kugler was doing, because of how hard injuries hit him, on almost a daily basis. I suspected he might be doing a pretty decent job, all things considered.
          Studesville I think is ok, but I also think there's a ? there, in respect of how he doesn't quite seem to keep the likes of McGahee and Lynch focused, once they have made their initial 'impact'.
          The Defensive side of things, the staff mostly weren't too bad, but the offensive side, were generally atrocious. Jauron basically is an epic fail when it comes to QBs and offense in general.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍