PDA

View Full Version : A tidbit about Catavolos

patmoran2006
01-20-2010, 01:23 PM
Don't be shocked to see Chan Gailey retain/promote "former" Bills secondary coach George Catavolos to his defensive coordinator.

He's been a terrific secondary coach for Buffalo the past two years and especially in 2009.

Having said that, this is the Buffalo Bills we're talking about and EVERY move they ever make has a business influence on it. As a first time coordinator he'd come with less of a price tag.

And it would also probably mean the retention of the same defense he learned under Fewell; which would most likely mean significant less defensive roster manuevering would be needed.

My thinking all along was he would join Fewell on the NYG staff

patmoran2006
01-20-2010, 01:25 PM
Of course I spelled his name wrong.. Its Catavolos

Mahdi
01-20-2010, 01:27 PM
Of course I spelled his name wrong.. Its Cantavolos
Its CATAVOLOS

Ebenezer
01-20-2010, 01:28 PM
Don't be shocked to see Chan Gailey retain/promote "former" Bills secondary coach George Catavolos to his defensive coordinator.

He's been a terrific secondary coach for Buffalo the past two years and especially in 2009.

Having said that, this is the Buffalo Bills we're talking about and EVERY move they ever make has a business influence on it. As a first time coordinator he'd come with less of a price tag.

And it would also probably mean the retention of the same defense he learned under Fewell; which would most likely mean significant less defensive roster manuevering would be needed.

link.

Mahdi

I see him being retained but not as DC. I think they want someone with experience since Chan is an offensive guy. And I think they want a guy that can bring a creative, aggressive defense with more size.

Michael82
:rofl: I don't see this happening.

Philagape
01-20-2010, 01:29 PM
You know how at the State of the Union speeches, they pick one cabinet secretary to not go, in case there's a catastrophic attack and the whole government dies?

That's how the Bills work. The football equivalent of the Secretary of Agriculture becoming president.

patmoran2006
01-20-2010, 01:31 PM
Only thing confirmed right now is that Herm Edwards will not be the defensive coordinator.

BTW, I don't even remember who said he would be?

Michael82
01-20-2010, 01:31 PM
I see him being retained but not as DC. I think they want someone with experience since Chan is an offensive guy. And I think they want a guy that can bring a creative, aggressive defense with more size.

Exactly! I don't see this happening. We just hired a veteran coach that will be running the offense. There's no way he would want to have a rookie as his defensive coordinator. Also, each time I listened to him...Gailey sounds like he wants to do some kind of 4-3/3-4 defense. I can't see a first timer coming up with something like that. But I definitely see Catavolos getting retained, as long as he wants to stay.

Don't Panic
01-20-2010, 01:32 PM
You know how at the State of the Union speeches, they pick one cabinet secretary to not go, in case there's a catastrophic attack and the whole government dies?

That's how the Bills work. The football equivalent of the Secretary of Agriculture becoming president.

:goodpost:

WeAreArthurMoates
01-20-2010, 01:33 PM
Na, I dont think George will be the DC. It seems clear to me that both Buddy and Chan want to get bigger and more aggressive.

patmoran2006
I didn't say he was.

I said "don't be shocked" thats all.

Just a little Thursday message board chatter?

WeAreArthurMoates
Now I would not be surprised at if it's Clancy Pendergast. Worked together in both dallas and KC.

BillsWin
01-20-2010, 01:44 PM
I think I'm going to be sick.

Ebenezer
01-20-2010, 01:50 PM
I didn't say he was.

so, since it is chatter then it is just your opinion, right? nothing to back it up?

Buddo
01-20-2010, 01:51 PM
I'd certainly like to see him retained, but in the same position where he's doing a good job, that of DB's coach. If needed, I'd even give him a raise, to stop him following Fewell.

BILLSROCK1212
01-20-2010, 01:58 PM
is this some little rumbling you heard or is it an opinion??

Michael82
01-20-2010, 02:22 PM
I didn't say he was.

If it's just chatter, that means it's your opinion. You shouldn't have titled it "tidbit about Catavolos" You should have said, My opinion on Catavolos. Or here's my thoughts...

The Spaz
01-20-2010, 02:25 PM
Pat just stop you do not know...

patmoran2006
01-20-2010, 02:28 PM
Jesus.

Just a hunch

Michael82
01-20-2010, 02:44 PM
Jesus.

Just a hunch

:rofl: Sorry man. But when you have your site and all that, people hold onto your every word. The way it was worded, people thought that you heard some stuff from your sources and didn't know it was just your person opinion.

The Spaz
01-20-2010, 02:47 PM
:rofl: Sorry man. But when you have your site and all that, people hold onto your every word. The way it was worded, people thought that you heard some stuff from your sources and didn't know it was just your person opinion.

Exactly. The title should be "in my opinion" or "my thoughts" not "a tidbit" where everyone thinks you heard something.

ddaryl
01-20-2010, 02:49 PM
We need to go big time on a DC...

I could see us bringing AVP back as OC but it will really be a an under study position to Chan who obvioulsy is going to design and call the O

but I hope the Bills pony up real big for a DC, otherwise its just more reason for me to hate on the franchise for continually not going all out and getting the best possible people in here

Mahdi
01-20-2010, 03:06 PM
Jesus.

Just a hunch
I think ppl forget that you are allowed to start opinion threads also. Not all Pat's threads are News Bulletins. HA.

RockStar36
01-20-2010, 03:10 PM
I think ppl forget that you are allowed to start opinion threads also. Not all Pat's threads are News Bulletins. HA.

He needs to properly designate a particular thread as an opinion then.

When you run a website that is consistently posting news, he can't just randomly start threads stating opinions without saying it.

The Jokeman
01-20-2010, 03:12 PM

That's a logical choice but then again the naming of Nix and Gailey came out of left field so it's more likely this won't happen. Although if it did I'd agree with you that it be a wise choice if Gailey's hoping to keep the D intact.