PDA

View Full Version : why so suprised

AB4now
01-20-2010, 02:34 PM
dont understand how people can be so shocked by the gailey move. THE BILLS WERE NEVER GONNA GET A BIG NAME. juat be happy that we at least got a coach with head coaching abilities. i'm not saying i am totally on board but i never am. ask yourself this... why would you as a head coach, that has made it to the big dance, come to buffalo? were you know that even with all the dumb luck in the world you are two to three years away. thats like going back to square one.

now in saying that ralph and nix made there decision. now they must build from the trenches out... offensive line (one that can be healthy and together for more than a few games), defensive line (if its gonna be a 3/4 then they have alot to do), then QB (start fresh for the love of christ!!!) and on and on...

GET IT DONE BOYS. THIS IS A PROFESSIONAL SPORTS TEAM!!!:curse:

ddaryl
01-20-2010, 02:43 PM
If this franchise was running properly we could of easily attracted a big name coach IMO...

but when you make as many obvious blunders as the Bills FO and Owner have is a short 10 year period (or even more so if yo urevist the entire history) it became quite a bit harder.

We held out hope for 2 reasons

1.) Ralph has promised a big splash

2.) Ralph was willing to pony up big bucks for Cowher. Sometimes moeny does all the talking... but not this time

that being said I'm not really expecting much of anything next year.... We'll see if they can attract some top FA's and be willing to spend that coaches money on players....

then will see if they can draft right starting with the #9 pick. They did well last year outside of the Maybin pick which was clearly the wrong choice... again.

Then we will need to see how they look in preseason... If they can't score points on the O it's going to be a long long long long year

so I'm going to stay very skeptical until they prove without a doubt they are a brand new franchise from this day forward.....

raising ticket prices is also something I want ot see done, as well as selling the naming rights. Whatever it takes to be better capable of competing. No more cash to crap and saying the economins in WNY is the problem. time for the fans to pony up for a real NFL football team

AB4now
01-20-2010, 02:53 PM
totally agree. the maybin pick was atrocious we will see what the number nine has in store. i will say i have more confidence in buddy's draft picks more than his GM work. how do you feel about vick. most people destroy that notion but do we really expect to get any kind of half credible veteran QB ( which i feel we need ). most vets want to win now with vick i think he would play really hard just to dis-prove the nah-sayers. what the hell right? we cant do much worse

Typ0
01-20-2010, 03:15 PM
We were never going to get a big name because this organization does not put on the table what neccesary to do that. What we got was a bunch of homeboys that can hang out together kissing Wilson's ass. This whole mess stinks bad and Wilson is the Devil and should be absolutely hated by the citizens of WNY.

Typ0
01-20-2010, 03:19 PM
If this franchise was running properly we could of easily attracted a big name coach IMO...

but when you make as many obvious blunders as the Bills FO and Owner have is a short 10 year period (or even more so if yo urevist the entire history) it became quite a bit harder.

We held out hope for 2 reasons

1.) Ralph has promised a big splash

2.) Ralph was willing to pony up big bucks for Cowher. Sometimes moeny does all the talking... but not this time

Don't kid yourself that was all spin control and leaked stories from OBD. They are trying to come up with ways they can manipulate people into having some sense of hope so they can steal their money. They are arrogant *******s.

Demon
01-20-2010, 03:24 PM
It's simple. Hope.

After years of disaster by Ralph Wilson, there was enough evidence to suggest that he was willing to change and spend the money for a top notch coach. I still believe he was willing to offer anyone the massive contract to come to Buffalo. I just don't believe he would approve the other "details" of a contract, such as, giving the coach a empty checkbook to hire any coach he wants and allow him to spend a bunch of money on free agents.

I think everyone knew it was unlikely but the hope was there. I didn't fall into the "Cowher" stuff as much as most people did, but i won't lie, i was bought into the Shanahan talk. I truly thought he was coming here.

ddaryl
01-20-2010, 03:29 PM
how do you feel about vick. most people destroy that notion but do we really expect to get any kind of half credible veteran QB ( which i feel we need ). most vets want to win now with vick i think he would play really hard just to dis-prove the nah-sayers. what the hell right? we cant do much worse

I personally want nothing to do with Vick in Buffalo.

It would backfire on this team and they would be dealing with angry diehard fans who are sick of the teams decison making, and they would be dealing with a whole other crowd of fans threatening to drop seaosn tickets if they brought Vick over... No way can you avoid a massive uproar with the state of this franchise.

They need to do something, but Vick will cause more problems then solve IMO

Billz_fan
01-20-2010, 03:29 PM
We were never going to get a big name because this organization does not put on the table what neccesary to do that. What we got was a bunch of homeboys that can hang out together kissing Wilson's ass. This whole mess stinks bad and Wilson is the Devil and should be absolutely hated by the citizens of WNY.

Typo is becoming my hero :laughter:

AB4now
01-20-2010, 03:32 PM
It's simple. Hope.

After years of disaster by Ralph Wilson, there was enough evidence to suggest that he was willing to change and spend the money for a top notch coach. I still believe he was willing to offer anyone the massive contract to come to Buffalo. I just don't believe he would approve the other "details" of a contract, such as, giving the coach a empty checkbook to hire any coach he wants and allow him to spend a bunch of money on free agents.

I think everyone knew it was unlikely but the hope was there. I didn't fall into the "Cowher" stuff as much as most people did, but i won't lie, i was bought into the Shanahan talk. I truly thought he was coming here.

we can all hope in one hand and crap :poop: in the other... with the track record of the bills, you tell me which fills first. we rarely ever hire "splashes". T.O. was nothing more than a publicity stunt really. you got to think back to the glory years, kelly was a good draft choice(lucky us) same with thurman and levy wasn't much before he came here either. we get blue collar guys for a blue collar town... no glamour here just bars that close at four.

ddaryl
01-20-2010, 03:33 PM
Don't kid yourself that was all spin control and leaked stories from OBD. They are trying to come up with ways they can manipulate people into having some sense of hope so they can steal their money. They are arrogant *******s.

I wasn't kidding myself. But we all held out some hope for those reasons...

It backfired and now we have rabid fans like me who are unwilling to finacially support the team until they go all out and prove they are going to build a winner

and ironically the 1st place they should start is raising ticket prices $10 and selling the naming rights. No more blaming the economics time for Bills fans to pony up for a NFL team that is capable of competing. If Bills fans cancel their tickets because of this then that will be the only signal you will ever need to see to know the Bills will not be staying Buffalo no matter who buys the team

Typ0
01-20-2010, 03:41 PM
The message needs to be clear. Field a winner or lose support. You don't have to win every year but I'm telling you they are selling crap. They are lying to the population about their intentions. They are putting information out there that is false to manipulate people. There is zero intention to have this team in WNY it is already slated to be elsewhere in Wilson's mind and he's just playing everyone here for fools. That is what the signs have been for years and it just keeps getting worse the closer he gets to not breathing.

Typ0
01-20-2010, 03:42 PM
we can all hope in one hand and crap :poop: in the other... with the track record of the bills, you tell me which fills first. we rarely ever hire "splashes". T.O. was nothing more than a publicity stunt really. you got to think back to the glory years, kelly was a good draft choice(lucky us) same with thurman and levy wasn't much before he came here either. we get blue collar guys for a blue collar town... no glamour here just bars that close at four.

TO was brought here by DJ trying to get the team better. Since it also served the marketing purpose you are talking about they made the move.

Typ0
01-20-2010, 03:45 PM
They will raise prices according to their long-term price increase strategy. He will never sell the naming rights he's too much of an arrogant ******* and wants his name on the stadium. We've already been told he won't even talk about the naming rights with anyone and he comes out and says "no one wants it" despite his not talking to anyone. Also the same thing he says about the team. Sound like our GM and coaching search? Be prepared for the worst coming down the pipeline from the used to be Buffalo Bills.

I wasn't kidding myself. But we all held out some hope for those reasons...

It backfired and now we have rabid fans like me who are unwilling to finacially support the team until they go all out and prove they are going to build a winner

and ironically the 1st place they should start is raising ticket prices $10 and selling the naming rights. No more blaming the economics time for Bills fans to pony up for a NFL team that is capable of competing. If Bills fans cancel their tickets because of this then that will be the only signal you will ever need to see to know the Bills will not be staying Buffalo no matter who buys the team