• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

I wonder if Kelly is starting to lose his patience with the team

It started out that he was getting more of a role and that he'd get more input, but he's been very mum on the gailey hire.

He seemed to really be pushing for big name splash. And thurman and him seem as taken aback as the rest of us. i think they might be giving kelly lip service about ownership as well. i think he's going to be very upset when he doesn't get to partake in the ownership of the team.
  • Philagape
    WIN NOW
    • Jul 2002

Re: I wonder if Kelly is starting to lose his patience with the team

Yesterday his Facebook thingy posted this: "Chan Gailey???" (yes, it had three question marks)
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

I like Kelly, Thurman and many of the alumni.. but does anyone actually care what they think about the current Bills ? Seriously.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• ddaryl
        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Night Train
        I like Kelly, Thurman and many of the alumni.. but does anyone actually care what they think about the current Bills ? Seriously.
        I do

I like getting their input

Comment

• Billz_fan
          • Jan 2003

I do also. If they are taken back by whats going on it just confirms what many of us are scratching are heads over.

So yes I care.
          The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

Originally posted by trapezeus

i think they might be giving kelly lip service about ownership as well. i think he's going to be very upset when he doesn't get to partake in the ownership of the team.
            Kelly is only going to have an ownership interest in the Bills if he finds a wealthy invester, or a group of investers, who buy the team from Ralph (or his estate) and Kelly becomes a minority partner. You didn't think Ralph was giving him an ownership piece, did you?
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Typ0
              honey pie
              • Jul 2002

They are getting a good old fashion dose of "you're out of the loop" from the piece of **** powers that be. Kelly probably has spent time and money on trying to procure a way to keep the Bills in WNY and will eventually have to face that it's a pipe dream.

Comment

• Typ0
                honey pie
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                Kelly is only going to have an ownership interest in the Bills if he finds a wealthy invester, or a group of investers, who buy the team from Ralph (or his estate) and Kelly becomes a minority partner. You didn't think Ralph was giving him an ownership piece, did you?

People agree to be the ones that run a business that's financed by investors all the time. Don't underestimate the value of good labor no smart business man would. Those people get a piece of the pie for their efforts it makes them more accountable and responsible for the success of the organization.

Comment

• trapezeus
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Night Train
                  yes because in some ways they were suppose to be the proxy for the fan sentiment. Kelly has been clamouring about ownership and keeping the team in buffalo.

Recently thurman and him hinted that they'd get more say in decision making.

And from the looks and sounds of it, they were just set up. Thurman was talking about a big splash, Kelly was keeping it very close to the vest hoping to work something out to restore the dignity that this team once had.

It is becoming more and more obvious that russ brandon has the ear of the old man and refuses to give up any control because he knows that he's useless and overpaid. people with half a brain looking from the outside would say, "you don't need this guy in this role."

Comment

• Typ0
                    honey pie
                    • Jul 2002

I hate to say this Jan and I do appreciate that your world is crumbling after all these years but you are seriously off. This isn't about Nix or Gainley those guys might be very successful in a good situation but this isn't one. They are the homeboys that are willing to work within the constraints. And when the constraints change they will go along or be fired just like everyone else. The Bills are a pathetic old school run organization in a new world with tons of opportunities that will never be taken advantage of. Wilson is a piece of **** and doesn't deserve one ounce of your passion or one penny from your pocket.

Comment

• trapezeus
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Oct 2004

No i am aware that Kelly needs the ownership group. I think that group needs a break from the wilson estate. i think that's something he could be getting lip service on and banking on. I realize the break isnt' going to be a discount, but they could rebuff larger offers.

I think Kelly is facing a hard truth that he's getting lied to. When this is all over, i bet the wilson estate runs from buffalo and brings the final shame to their name as billionaire welfare recepients who don't even acknowledge where that money came from.

Comment

• Typ0
                        honey pie
                        • Jul 2002

Just like he lies to his customers that rat faced piece of ****.

No i am aware that Kelly needs the ownership group. I think that group needs a break from the wilson estate. i think that's something he could be getting lip service on and banking on. I realize the break isnt' going to be a discount, but they could rebuff larger offers.

I think Kelly is facing a hard truth that he's getting lied to. When this is all over, i bet the wilson estate runs from buffalo and brings the final shame to their name as billionaire welfare recepients who don't even acknowledge where that money came from.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                          • May 2003

Originally posted by Typ0
                          People agree to be the ones that run a business that's financed by investors all the time. Don't underestimate the value of good labor no smart business man would. Those people get a piece of the pie for their efforts it makes them more accountable and responsible for the success of the organization.
                          I agree. Kelly may buy in, or be given a piece of the action and made president of operations (or some other responnsibilty) by a group of investors that buys the Bills. My point was, it won't be under Ralph's ownership.
                          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Typ0
                            honey pie
                            • Jul 2002

I agree. Kelly may buy in, or be given a piece of the action and made president of operations (or some other responnsibilty) by a group of investors that buys the Bills. My point was, it won't be under Ralph's ownership.

or anyone else's unless he's willing to relocate.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                              • May 2003

I hope you're wrong, Trap, but I fear you may be right.

Comment

Working...
                              X