PDA

View Full Version : I wonder if Kelly is starting to lose his patience with the team

trapezeus
01-20-2010, 02:58 PM
It started out that he was getting more of a role and that he'd get more input, but he's been very mum on the gailey hire.

He seemed to really be pushing for big name splash. And thurman and him seem as taken aback as the rest of us. i think they might be giving kelly lip service about ownership as well. i think he's going to be very upset when he doesn't get to partake in the ownership of the team.

Philagape
01-20-2010, 02:59 PM
Yesterday his Facebook thingy posted this: "Chan Gailey???" (yes, it had three question marks)

Night Train
01-20-2010, 03:00 PM
I like Kelly, Thurman and many of the alumni.. but does anyone actually care what they think about the current Bills ? Seriously.

ddaryl
01-20-2010, 03:04 PM
I like Kelly, Thurman and many of the alumni.. but does anyone actually care what they think about the current Bills ? Seriously.

I do

I like getting their input

Billz_fan
01-20-2010, 03:15 PM
I do also. If they are taken back by whats going on it just confirms what many of us are scratching are heads over.

So yes I care.

Jan Reimers
01-20-2010, 03:24 PM
i think they might be giving kelly lip service about ownership as well. i think he's going to be very upset when he doesn't get to partake in the ownership of the team.
Kelly is only going to have an ownership interest in the Bills if he finds a wealthy invester, or a group of investers, who buy the team from Ralph (or his estate) and Kelly becomes a minority partner. You didn't think Ralph was giving him an ownership piece, did you?

Typ0
01-20-2010, 03:25 PM
They are getting a good old fashion dose of "you're out of the loop" from the piece of **** powers that be. Kelly probably has spent time and money on trying to procure a way to keep the Bills in WNY and will eventually have to face that it's a pipe dream.

Typ0
01-20-2010, 03:27 PM
Kelly is only going to have an ownership interest in the Bills if he finds a wealthy invester, or a group of investers, who buy the team from Ralph (or his estate) and Kelly becomes a minority partner. You didn't think Ralph was giving him an ownership piece, did you?

People agree to be the ones that run a business that's financed by investors all the time. Don't underestimate the value of good labor no smart business man would. Those people get a piece of the pie for their efforts it makes them more accountable and responsible for the success of the organization.

trapezeus
01-20-2010, 03:28 PM

yes because in some ways they were suppose to be the proxy for the fan sentiment. Kelly has been clamouring about ownership and keeping the team in buffalo.

Recently thurman and him hinted that they'd get more say in decision making.

And from the looks and sounds of it, they were just set up. Thurman was talking about a big splash, Kelly was keeping it very close to the vest hoping to work something out to restore the dignity that this team once had.

It is becoming more and more obvious that russ brandon has the ear of the old man and refuses to give up any control because he knows that he's useless and overpaid. people with half a brain looking from the outside would say, "you don't need this guy in this role."

Typ0
01-20-2010, 03:30 PM
I hate to say this Jan and I do appreciate that your world is crumbling after all these years but you are seriously off. This isn't about Nix or Gainley those guys might be very successful in a good situation but this isn't one. They are the homeboys that are willing to work within the constraints. And when the constraints change they will go along or be fired just like everyone else. The Bills are a pathetic old school run organization in a new world with tons of opportunities that will never be taken advantage of. Wilson is a piece of **** and doesn't deserve one ounce of your passion or one penny from your pocket.

trapezeus
01-20-2010, 03:31 PM

No i am aware that Kelly needs the ownership group. I think that group needs a break from the wilson estate. i think that's something he could be getting lip service on and banking on. I realize the break isnt' going to be a discount, but they could rebuff larger offers.

I think Kelly is facing a hard truth that he's getting lied to. When this is all over, i bet the wilson estate runs from buffalo and brings the final shame to their name as billionaire welfare recepients who don't even acknowledge where that money came from.

Typ0
01-20-2010, 03:33 PM
Just like he lies to his customers that rat faced piece of ****.

No i am aware that Kelly needs the ownership group. I think that group needs a break from the wilson estate. i think that's something he could be getting lip service on and banking on. I realize the break isnt' going to be a discount, but they could rebuff larger offers.

I think Kelly is facing a hard truth that he's getting lied to. When this is all over, i bet the wilson estate runs from buffalo and brings the final shame to their name as billionaire welfare recepients who don't even acknowledge where that money came from.

Jan Reimers
01-20-2010, 03:43 PM
People agree to be the ones that run a business that's financed by investors all the time. Don't underestimate the value of good labor no smart business man would. Those people get a piece of the pie for their efforts it makes them more accountable and responsible for the success of the organization.
I agree. Kelly may buy in, or be given a piece of the action and made president of operations (or some other responnsibilty) by a group of investors that buys the Bills. My point was, it won't be under Ralph's ownership.

Typ0
01-20-2010, 03:47 PM
I agree. Kelly may buy in, or be given a piece of the action and made president of operations (or some other responnsibilty) by a group of investors that buys the Bills. My point was, it won't be under Ralph's ownership.

or anyone else's unless he's willing to relocate.

Jan Reimers
01-20-2010, 03:47 PM

I hope you're wrong, Trap, but I fear you may be right.

Jan Reimers
01-20-2010, 04:02 PM
I hate to say this Jan and I do appreciate that your world is crumbling after all these years but you are seriously off. This isn't about Nix or Gainley those guys might be very successful in a good situation but this isn't one. They are the homeboys that are willing to work within the constraints. And when the constraints change they will go along or be fired just like everyone else. The Bills are a pathetic old school run organization in a new world with tons of opportunities that will never be taken advantage of. Wilson is a piece of **** and doesn't deserve one ounce of your passion or one penny from your pocket.
My world isn't crumbling. I have plenty of other interests and things to do. But I'm a Bills' fan and I'll be one until I die, or Ralph dies and the team moves. I've survived 50 years of Ralph, and the Buster Ramseys, Harvey Johnsons, Jim Ringos, Kaye Stephensons, and Hank Bullochs that has entailed.

I know Ralph is now 91 and barely sentient, and I know that 50 years ago, he wasn't that great either.

But I've weathered it all, and I'm not quitting, as long as they're in Buffalo. If they move, they will be as dead to me as the Los Angeles Clippers.

Night Train
01-20-2010, 04:03 PM
You mentioned input. No ex player should have any input unless he has a % of the team.

What they think never affects how I view this team. I have a good working set of eyes and and can clearly see how the product performs on Sunday.

Gailey was hired because Cowher advised the Bills to hire him, just like he did the Steelers after he left.

Cowhers word obviously carries more than ex players.

Typ0
01-20-2010, 04:07 PM
I didnt' mean to suggest you were a loser! LOL. I'm not quitting either. I'm certain I'll watch the games and hope for wins. There is no question in my mind how important it is to me that WNY gets what they truly deserve. But I don't by into anything Wilson is selling me either I can see what he's all about and it's not good.

My world isn't crumbling. I have plenty of other interests and things to do. But I'm a Bills' fan and I'll be one until I die, or Ralph dies and the team moves. I've survived 50 years of Ralph, and the Buster Ramseys, Harvey Johnsons, Jim Ringos, Kaye Stephensons, and Hank Bullochs that has entailed.

I know Ralph is now 91 and barely sentient, and I know that 50 years ago, he wasn't that great either.

But I've weathered it all, and I'm not quitting, as long as they're in Buffalo. If they move, they will be as dead to me as the Los Angeles Clippers.

Typ0
01-20-2010, 04:08 PM
You mentioned input. No ex player should have any input unless he has a % of the team.

What they think never affects how I view this team. I have a good working set of eyes and and can clearly see how the product performs on Sunday.

Gailey was hired because Cowher advised the Bills to hire him, just like he did the Steelers after he left.

Cowhers word obviously carries more than ex players.

Really? Van Pelt was a high level coach last season he shouldn't have any input? Get a grip man it's all about assembling the best team of brainpower you can find and making the best decisions you can. You always want to surround yourself with good people and then listen to them. That is input.

sdbillsfan2
01-20-2010, 04:11 PM
Yesterday his Facebook thingy posted this: "Chan Gailey???" (yes, it had three question marks)

That's not "THE" Jim Kelly
Left hand column under the picture say it all

"Let's go Buffalo!

*I am not really Jim Kelly; this is just a fan page.*"

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jim-Kelly/44060266784?v=feed&story_fbid=287389423295#/pages/Jim-Kelly/44060266784?v=info

Typ0
01-20-2010, 04:14 PM
silence says it all...

"Let's go Buffalo!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jim-Kelly/44060266784?v=feed&story_fbid=287389423295#/pages/Jim-Kelly/44060266784?v=info

Philagape
01-20-2010, 05:04 PM

"Let's go Buffalo!

I wonder who posts its status

Bravo82
01-21-2010, 12:32 AM
I wonder who posts its status

Joe Logan maybe? :scratch:

BillsWin
01-21-2010, 12:36 AM
Maybe a year from now his facebook thingy will read, "Chan Gailey!!!" :idunno:

YardRat
01-21-2010, 03:09 AM
With all the respect, admiration and gratitude that I have for Kelly and Thomas for what they accomplished and helped this team accomplished set aside, they really should be approaching the situation a little more low key and work on their ownership group privately and behind the scenes.

I think Thursday is Jimbo's regular weekly stint on 97Rock, so it'll be interesting to see what he has to say this morning.