X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike
    • Jan 2009

WARNING: Your are About to Get a Dosage of Reality

This post comes with total compassion and understanding. I do no blame anyone or want some kind of misguided revenge, instead I realize why these choices are made. Here it is:

So, if you are somewhat intelligent, you may wounder why the Bills have made so many awful moves, in the past 10years. Awful moves in FA, in the Draft, and in hiring FO and Coaches and why it Continues. Well here is you answer:
    1) Ralph is getting old, He realizes that the clock is clicking and that chances are he will not win a SB in his life time.
    2) He gave winning a real push with Donohue. They made big FA splashes, trades, etc.. but the pieces did not come together and the project failed.
    3) Now Ralph is in a Conservation Mode. He wants to save Money.
    4) Ralph does not plan on passing his team down to his daughter -tax inheritance reasons-, instead they plan on selling it after his death.
    5) Selling the Team after his death opens the door for a move by the new owner out of Buffalo. In order for that door to be open, it is beneficial for the Bills to be a loosing team. A loosing team will have less revenue than a winning team, making a move more justifiable (small market not making enough money, even when it sells out... no jersey sales or luxury box sales etc...)
    6) Ralph hires a PR/Marketing Guru, Brandon.. (sp?) to market the team. This guy is not a football guy but a marketing guy and he is so good, that he has been selling ice to a Buffalonians! So, a loosing Bills Team is still selling out more than those Bills SB teams. Remember the Greatest Comeback ever? It did not sell out!

Conclusion: Ralph wins on 3 different levels. He owns the team and is not hated by fans for selling it or moving it. He saves money by not spending the full salary cap, he also saves on FO and Coaches, and best of all, the Bills still Sell out due to crafty marketing!
    Please Make Sense
  • Oldbillsfan
    shelby's big brother smilie smilie
    • Mar 2007

Re: WARNING: Your are About to Get a Dosage of Reality

loosing the team would be bad

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

So you're basically saying that we are being major league'd. Your exact scenario sounds too thoughtful and manipulative to be true, but I don't doubt that the general intent is correct. I think this team is gone after the stadium lease expires in 2012.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• ddaryl
        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
        • Jan 2005

dude you're not dosing anyone here

we already are very aware of this scenario....

1st proof will be who they bring in as coordinators, especially DC. Do they spend for a top coordinator

2nd proof will come this uncapped offseason. How many solid FA's does the team bring in ?

or do they spin it by saying we just couldn't convince them to come to Buffalo line
        Last edited by ddaryl; 01-20-2010, 03:47 PM.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
          • Feb 2005

Mike,

You contradict your own points throughout your post. Your logic fails here IMO.

Comment

• Prov401
            President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
            • Aug 2008

Losing. Not 2 o's (loosing)...It's, losing.

Comment

• Typ0
              honey pie
              • Jul 2002

they are in shutdown and self preservation mode because of the pending labor problems and league pressure to get rid of revenue sharing. I've tried to defend Wilson for years and think positive but those days are over. It's true, he is cheap and has no vision of long term health from well spent money. He does not want to be caught with his pants down and lose milliions through a revenue agreement that does not specifically put him in an optimal situation.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                • Nov 2009

Manual buzzer...

Sell this team to Buffalo... This team has always been supported, they do not need sold. There is nothing that Brandon has done to make me spend more money than I would have because of whatever mental deficiency makes me a fan to begin with.

Comment

• Typ0
                  honey pie
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Beebe's Kid
                  Manual buzzer...

Sell this team to Buffalo... This team has always been supported, they do not need sold. There is nothing that Brandon has done to make me spend more money than I would have because of whatever mental deficiency makes me a fan to begin with.

you better see someone it's too early to have drank that much alcohol.

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

what year was the original post written? Ralph's daughter definitely isnt' getting the team and it has nothing to do with tax reasons. it has to do that she's dead!

As for the rest of the email, that is probably case. As an intelligent bills fan that has been "woundering" about the team's fate, i don't think it'll end up well. and i don't think i even care anymore. A bunch of losers who didn't want anything but money. i hope when russ brokers the deal, the new owner realizes he's an idiot and ****cans him to the streets. and yes, the same side of the street that ralph wilson is apparently walking on.

and i hope that city that gets the bills forever lives with the bad breaks an inability to win games. That'll be a real treat to watch.

Comment

• dannyek71
                      Drink Responsibly
                      • Dec 2004

So why didn't he just keep DJ then? That wouldnt have saved money and guaranteed loosing.

Bills fans come not because of great marketing, but because it is who we are. We sit in the cold and freeze our tail off because its in our blood. No ad on tv is great enough to lure someone to go to a meaningless game in weather so cold it freezes your beer in 2 minutes.
                      [

Comment

• Typ0
                        honey pie
                        • Jul 2002

One of his daughters is dead. What about the other ones?

Originally posted by trapezeus
                        what year was the original post written? Ralph's daughter definitely isnt' getting the team and it has nothing to do with tax reasons. it has to do that she's dead!

As for the rest of the email, that is probably case. As an intelligent bills fan that has been "woundering" about the team's fate, i don't think it'll end up well. and i don't think i even care anymore. A bunch of losers who didn't want anything but money. i hope when russ brokers the deal, the new owner realizes he's an idiot and ****cans him to the streets. and yes, the same side of the street that ralph wilson is apparently walking on.

and i hope that city that gets the bills forever lives with the bad breaks an inability to win games. That'll be a real treat to watch.

Comment

• TedMock
                          • Jul 2002

I'm just trying to grasp this. So, please be patient and help me understand. My question is: Wouldn't it be better if they couldn't sell tickets or get fan support if the goal was to move the team? No support = no sales = a good reason to leave. Let's go to a better place. No?

Comment

• Typ0
                            honey pie
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TedMock
                            I'm just trying to grasp this. So, please be patient and help me understand. My question is: Wouldn't it be better if they couldn't sell tickets or get fan support if the goal was to move the team? No support = no sales = a good reason to leave. Let's go to a better place. No?

I'm not so sure. The longer they sell tickets the more money they get and the more stable things remain. They can just chug along. If ticket sales start to plummet they are going to start getting a lot of political pressure about how the lack of sales is effecting the economy in WNY. People of power are going to start to exert pressure to do something real to change that and they are going to start to offer assistance that will come with a commitment. At that point the piece of ****'s stench will be completely exposed and the last remaining koolaid drinkers will be throwing rocks at every limo leaving OBD.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                              Pinkerton's son
                              • Feb 2006

I never realized Phil Donahue was ever such a factor in our success, but I'll take your word for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X