• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Akhippo
    • Nov 2002

Ralph Wilsons Death

This isnt a wish for him to be dead.

My real question is if Ralph died tomorrow,

1. What would be a realistic scenario for this team moving forward.

2. What kind of shake up would the FO go through and how long would it take.

Im really curious as to what the end game might be and the process that would occur.
    Buy land in AK now. In ten years due to global warming, it will be the new tropical paradise, minus the tropics
  • Mitchell55
    only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
    • Feb 2008

Re: Ralph Wilsons Death

1. 10,000 rumors would come up
    2. Everyone who talks about who wants him dead will apologies or act like a hero
    3. You will see alot of bills media coverage

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

His wife will take over the team.
      The front office is in place, and will move forward with any moves (non-moves) that they had planned anyway.
      Jeff Littman, very unfortunately, may take on a stronger and more visible role.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• tampabay25690
        • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Akhippo
        This isnt a wish for him to be dead.

My real question is if Ralph died tomorrow,

1. What would be a realistic scenario for this team moving forward.

2. What kind of shake up would the FO go through and how long would it take.

Im really curious as to what the end game might be and the process that would occur.
        OMG are you that bored for a thread this dumb...
        GO Gators!!!!!!
        GO GATORS!!

Comment

• BoyILuvLoznStupidly
          • Sep 2009

"I don't know, you'd have to ask him"

Comment

• Akhippo
            • Nov 2002

How exactly is it dumb?

I would really like to know what the timeline of events after his death.
            Whom might take control. Would it go to sale. How long before a now owner would take over.

I figured this would be a decent discussion. But some just want a no he isnt/hes he is topic.
            Buy land in AK now. In ten years due to global warming, it will be the new tropical paradise, minus the tropics

Comment

• elltrain22
              • Sep 2003

How exactly is it dumb?

I would really like to know what the timeline of events after his death.
              Whom might take control. Would it go to sale. How long before a now owner would take over.

I figured this would be a decent discussion. But some just want a no he isnt/hes he is topic.
              I don't think its dumb either, it's a viable question, but unfortunately nobody except for Ralph and his closest family & friends know the answer to that question. The rest, its just anyones guess.
              If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• Demon
                • Mar 2003

It's not a dumb question. But it's a question nobody knows. But, whatever the answer to that question is, the people in the inner circle already know. As Sal said, Ralph Wilson is a very smart business guy and anyone who doesn't think he has a plan, is out of their mind. The problem is, nobody knows it, except a few people at OBD. There will not be any scrambling around. They will know what to do.

As Sal also said last night i believe, it's one of those questions that be careful what you know. There's a good possibility the answer to this question is unknown because if it was known, it would tear our hearts out.

Maybe it's better not knowing?
                Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• tampabay25690
                  • Feb 2004

Just the death in any thread is dumb...

There is a plan in place and NO one knows botom line....
                  GO Gators!!!!!!
                  GO GATORS!!

Comment

• hydro
                    • Oct 2005

Originally posted by tampabay25690
                    Just the death in any thread is dumb...

There is a plan in place and NO one knows botom line....
                    I think you are out of line this time. There is absolutely nothing wrong with a discussion for what will happen when the inevitable demise of Ralph comes.
                    BERNIAC!

Comment

• GreedoII
                      • Aug 2007

I'd personally wish he would drop dead.....

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                        • May 2009

we might see some competent decisions being made.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                          • Nov 2009

Agree, this is not a stupid question.

It seems to be assumed that he is going to pass in the offseason, and a long time from now. I definitely do not wish death on the man.

Take one second and imagine that was the headline tomorrow...how important is 4-3, 3-4 then? I wonder if there is a succession plan in place already? I know that there was talk of it a while ago, around the time Kelly made the comment that he wasn't going to pressure RW, but he had real interest and real investors.

I know many just say Kelly can't buy the team, but I don't think he ever said he was going to raid the cushions of his couch and write a check.... He sounded fairly convinced that he was going to try to pull it off, and would talk to Wilson when Wilson approached him. He claimed Wilson knew his interest was genuine, if I recall correctly, and it wasn't long after that he started hanging around OBD a little more.

I thought that it was also mentioned as a kind of prerequisite to the coaching search, as nobody denied the reality of it's occurrence, or it's possible effect on a new coach.

I think it is kind of weird that this topic gets forgotten, while the hate rages on. Those that don't like the owner, will likely have a new one sooner than later, relatively speaking. Unfortunately, will we have a team?

I though Coach Sal had some insight as to a succession plan...

Comment

• Akhippo
                            • Nov 2002

I was curious as to if the family would take controllling interest. That seems like it could go either way. I have visions of san fran and the mess they were in with infighting.

Will Russ take over fulll operational duties. Final say kinda stuff.

Would an organization or firm take over the team, put a freeze on everything and look for a buyer.

Would all this take a year, two years.

I just hope LA gets a team before this happens. The LA groups seem like they would vulture over the Bills waiting for this to happen. "Do you think we'll pursuade a team". "Dont worry, one should be coming available soon.

Personally I think (with limited knowledge off course) for Ralph not to sell the team now. If he really wants to see it stay, why not guarantee it with a sale to someone willing to now.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                              • Aug 2004

I was curious as to if the family would take controllling interest. That seems like it could go either way. I have visions of san fran and the mess they were in with infighting.

Will Russ take over fulll operational duties. Final say kinda stuff.

Would an organization or firm take over the team, put a freeze on everything and look for a buyer.

Would all this take a year, two years.

I just hope LA gets a team before this happens. The LA groups seem like they would vulture over the Bills waiting for this to happen. "Do you think we'll pursuade a team". "Dont worry, one should be coming available soon.

Personally I think (with limited knowledge off course) for Ralph not to sell the team now. If he really wants to see it stay, why not guarantee it with a sale to someone willing to now.
                              How old are you? If you are 18-25, here is your big plan.

Go find a job working for Ralph and his wife - cut grass, cook breakfast, clean floors, washing toilets, any service requests, whatever. Work hard. Ralph dies - hey the man is 91 after all (how old is his wife?) Then you marry his wife. Work hard at home. Really HARD. His wife dies - hey his wife must be up there, too. Then you take over the team. In the following year, the Bills will have the most meddling owner in NFL ever. That being you.

Comment

Working...
                              X