PDA

View Full Version : Chan Gailey was a huge Slash Kordell Stewart Fan

BuffaloBlitz83
01-20-2010, 08:39 PM
It was his best success in NFL. Could Vick be his new SLASH?

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-20-2010, 08:41 PM
VIck will not be coming here. another pipe dream. dont start over-expecting... just leads to more dissapointment.

its gonna be more trent-ball

Bone
01-20-2010, 08:42 PM
VIck will not be coming here. another pipe dream. dont start over-expecting... just leads to more dissapointment.

Honestly I beg to differ, we had Terrel Owens in a Bills Uni.

realdealryan
01-20-2010, 09:21 PM
It was his best success in NFL. Could Vick be his new SLASH?

He didn't pick Kordell, he ADAPTED to Kordell. And Buddy Nix isn't that stupid.

OpIv37
01-20-2010, 09:25 PM
I hope not.

Mitchell55
01-20-2010, 09:27 PM
I think Vick will be comming here. I dont know another team that would take him as a starter at this point ha ha

BillsWin
01-20-2010, 09:40 PM
Still wondering why everyone likes Vick? Nothing real special about him.

Mitchell55
01-20-2010, 09:47 PM

If your going off now, I agree. 4 years ago, then your crazy

HopefulBillsFan
01-20-2010, 09:48 PM
Bills fans are looking for any optimism at this point. Vick provides it with a simple asking price.

realdealryan
01-20-2010, 09:50 PM

It's interesting. McNabb beat Vick in the '04 NFC championship game. And he started over him all year. They both will likely be available this offseason. I'm missing the situation in which Vick would be the better option.

naveed
01-20-2010, 10:36 PM
It's interesting. McNabb beat Vick in the '04 NFC championship game. And he started over him all year. They both will likely be available this offseason. I'm missing the situation in which Vick would be the better option.
Perfectly said. McNabb is still a legit NFL QB and would give us interesting football to watch for 2-3 years while grooming a young QB, drafted either in '10 or '11.

imbondz
01-20-2010, 10:38 PM
if Vick comes to Buffalo and plays, i'll probably stop watching the games.

Griff
01-21-2010, 06:39 AM
if Vick comes to Buffalo and plays, i'll probably stop watching the games.

I wouldn't expect you to be missed.

Dujek
01-21-2010, 06:45 AM
If your going off now, I agree. 4 years ago, then your crazy

Still waiting for anyone to tell me when Vick was more than a one year flash in the pan at the NFL level. Except for the year the Falcons made the playoffs he was a below average quarterback playing on a below average team who occasionally made big plays with his legs because he couldn't do it with his arm.

snow1989
01-21-2010, 06:55 AM
I see no reason to have any interest in Vick....I don't think he was really that sound of a qb to begin with...he's more famous for his running than anything...plus he had the advantage of playing in a dome initially...he wasn't a factor in philly....Pass

ddaryl
01-21-2010, 07:21 AM

you're worng

Vick not coming to Buffalo is awesome... If Vick comes to buffalo that would suck...

there will be lots of cancelled seasn tickets if the Bills brought Vick over. Many fans would not accept him.

Bills fans are looking for any optimism at this point. Vick provides it with a simple asking price.

There is nothing hopeful about Vick. he's just a convicted felon that is not wanted because he is a convicted felon

Luisito23
01-21-2010, 07:28 AM
Trading for McNabb would be exactly the same thing that we did when we traded for Bledsoe. Hopefully it happens, hopefully we aren't stupid enough to trade another 1st. round pick, and most importantly I hope we change uniforms!!!!!!!!!!!

ChristopherWalken
01-21-2010, 07:30 AM
I think that once Gailey gets a good look at the film and realizes the level of talent the Bills have at QB, he'll have no choice but to start looking....whether that's in the draft or FA.

With that, I don't think that Vick is out of the question.

Jan Reimers
01-21-2010, 07:31 AM
As big a homer as I am, I would have nothing to do with the Bills during the Vick years. Even a deluded fan like I has to have some principles.

Griff
01-21-2010, 07:48 AM
you're worng

Vick not coming to Buffalo is awesome... If Vick comes to buffalo that would suck...

there will be lots of cancelled seasn tickets if the Bills brought Vick over. Many fans would not accept him.

There is nothing hopeful about Vick. he's just a convicted felon that is not wanted because he is a convicted felon

get over it, jeez he did the time.

Griff
01-21-2010, 07:48 AM
I see no reason to have any interest in Vick....I don't think he was really that sound of a qb to begin with...he's more famous for his running than anything...plus he had the advantage of playing in a dome initially...he wasn't a factor in philly....Pass

its hard to be a factor when you are on the field for 20 plays all season.

Luisito23
01-21-2010, 07:50 AM
If Jesus is willing to forgive, why aren't we? Or are we bigger than Jesus?

Jan Reimers
01-21-2010, 08:07 AM
Why don't you come out in public and call me an idiot, you GD coward, instead of negging me like the the smarmy little backstabber you are.

You are a disgrace.

ddaryl
01-21-2010, 08:14 AM

Hell no....

He is a covicted felon that bred and raised hundreds of dogs to be tortured and ot fight to the death for the sole purpose of personal gain and entertainment

I will NEVER let it go. so please don't think that I ever will. I don't like Vick and I will never want him here.

Griff
01-21-2010, 08:15 AM
Why don't you come out in public and call me an idiot, you GD coward, instead of negging me like the the smarmy little backstabber you are.

You are a disgrace.

like you did? chicken ****.

ddaryl
01-21-2010, 08:16 AM
like you did? chicken ****.

no that was me.

Griff
01-21-2010, 08:16 AM
Hell no....

He is a covicted felon that bred and raised hundreds of dogs to be tortured and ot fight to the death for the sole purpose of personal gain and entertainment

I will NEVER let it go. so please don't think that I ever will. I don't like Vick and I will never want him here.

they are dogs... DOGS, Dogs have been bred to fight for thousands of years, he served prison time, lost out on millions of dollars and has shown remorse for what he did. Get over it.

Griff
01-21-2010, 08:17 AM

Christians seem to enjoy ignoring the teachings that get in the way of what they want to do.

Griff
01-21-2010, 08:18 AM
no that was me.

then I apologize Jan but considering you're one of the most hateful posters in the zone, did you really expect me to not suspect you?

ddaryl
01-21-2010, 08:20 AM
they are dogs... DOGS, Dogs have been bred to fight for thousands of years, he served prison time, lost out on millions of dollars and has shown remorse for what he did. Get over it.

No..

tampabay25690
01-21-2010, 08:20 AM
I like Vick as a QB and he did his time and made his mistakes.
Everyone needs to get over it.
I luv dogs as well and I think it was terrible what he did.....

We need to win and we need a guy that is exciting to watch and play.
Vick does all of that and has a great arm just his accuracy has been an issue.

Every defense has to plan for a QB like him and thats not easy.....

Im all for VICK in Buffalo if there is a chance....

ddaryl
01-21-2010, 08:22 AM
then I apologize Jan but considering you're one of the most hateful posters in the zone, did you really expect me to not suspect you?

do you think i care ?

hateful ? really how many nasty names have I called people. Why don't you bring up all of my hateful posts.

I might have storng opinions and stick to them but hateful ???????????????

show me all of those posts that have me spewing this hatred.....

Griff
01-21-2010, 08:22 AM
No..

fine be a douche just don't ever make a mistake in your life.

Griff
01-21-2010, 08:23 AM
do you think i care ?

hateful ? really how many nasty names have I called people. Why don't you bring up all of my hateful posts.

I might have storng opinions and stick to them but hateful ???????????????

show me all of those posts that have me spewing this hatred.....
calm down :shortbus: I was talking to Jan

ddaryl
01-21-2010, 08:46 AM
fine be a douche just don't ever make a mistake in your life.

I've made mistakes in life. I've paid a price, and nobody gave me a 2nd chance. I had to go back out and completely start from scratch... so don't preach.

Vick has his 2nd chance. I just will never accept him as a Bill...

Jan Reimers
01-21-2010, 08:48 AM
Thanks for the apology, but you DID neg me for my post saying I would leave the Bills during the time Vick was here, out of principle. I simply used your response to dd to answer you back. So I don't really know who you meant to neg.

But this much I know: I am not hateful, and disagreeing with Obama does not make me so. It just means I have a different political philosophy than you.

But you generally call me hateful in public, which I don't mind as much as your hiding behind the neg button.

ddaryl
01-21-2010, 08:49 AM
calm down :shortbus: I was talking to Jan

your right you were talking ot Jan. I just assumed you were talking to me because Jan is by far one of the most mellowest posters on this forum. SO I obviously couldn't conceive that you were honestly replying to him

so I jumped the gun, but it is hilarious that you think Jan is "hateful"

Jan Reimers
01-21-2010, 08:57 AM
your right you were talking ot Jan. I just assumed you were talking to me because Jan is by far one of the most mellowest posters on this forum. SO I obviously couldn't conceive that you were honestly replying to him

so I jumped the gun, but it is hilarious that you think Jan is "hateful"
Thanks, dd. Griff thinks I'm hateful because I often disagree with him in the Spin Zone. I think my political views are different than yours, too, but that doesn't make me hateful. And I try to keep this zone separate from the Spin Zone, and not let differences of opinion cary over.

ddaryl
01-21-2010, 09:02 AM
Thanks, dd. Griff thinks I'm hateful because I often disagree with him in the Spin Zone. I think my political views are different than yours, too, but that doesn't make me hateful. And I try to keep this zone separate from the Spin Zone, and not let differences of opinion cary over.

I know our political views are quite opposite... but I never labeled you as a hateful person. You always debated your points without sinking to name calling or being nasty

You're just a little lost on the path... I'm willing to bet you see me in the same light

Griff
01-21-2010, 09:13 AM
I've made mistakes in life. I've paid a price, and nobody gave me a 2nd chance. I had to go back out and completely start from scratch... so don't preach.

Vick has his 2nd chance. I just will never accept him as a Bill...

Oh I see, because poor little you didn't get forgiveness you refuse to forgive others.

Griff
01-21-2010, 09:14 AM
Thanks for the apology, but you DID neg me for my post saying I would leave the Bills during the time Vick was here, out of principle. I simply used your response to dd to answer you back. So I don't really know who you meant to neg.

But this much I know: I am not hateful, and disagreeing with Obama does not make me so. It just means I have a different political philosophy than you.

But you generally call me hateful in public, which I don't mind as much as your hiding behind the neg button.

have you ever looked back at your posts? Very hateful comments.

Griff
01-21-2010, 09:16 AM

I don't think you're hateful because we disagree I think you're hateful because of the things you say. You could just say I don't think Obama is doing a good job, instead you make extreme accusations.

ZAZusmc03
01-21-2010, 09:17 AM
/thread

realdealryan
01-21-2010, 11:36 AM
A) Dogs have been bred to be our companions and protectors - fighting doesn't have anywhere NEAR as long of a heritage. As a function of civilization, sport only comes in when we are efficient enough to have downtime. Dogs were around us long before that.

B) No, he hasn't shown remorse. Everything out of his mouth is "It's unfortunate this happened to me." Clear translation: "Damn shame I got caught!"

None of us think he has to, by law, go back to jail. But I'm not going to cheer for him. Simple as that. There's a difference between tolerating someone and being their fan.

Christians seem to enjoy ignoring the teachings that get in the way of what they want to do.
See above. Fine, you're forgiven; stay away from dogs and live your life. But stay the hell away from my football team - as a fan, I cannot embrace you with open arms. That is considerably further than mere forgiveness.

Every defense has to plan for a QB like him and thats not easy.....

Actually, it was easy this year. Definitely not worth $5 mil in '10.

Cntrygal
01-21-2010, 11:43 AM
Since this thread has already been hijacked, it's my personal opinion that any player/coach convicted of a felony should recieve a lifetime ban from the NFL. Let them have their second chance at a different career.

Griff
01-21-2010, 01:17 PM
A) Dogs have been bred to be our companions and protectors - fighting doesn't have anywhere NEAR as long of a heritage. As a function of civilization, sport only comes in when we are efficient enough to have downtime. Dogs were around us long before that.

B) No, he hasn't shown remorse. Everything out of his mouth is "It's unfortunate this happened to me." Clear translation: "Damn shame I got caught!"

None of us think he has to, by law, go back to jail. But I'm not going to cheer for him. Simple as that. There's a difference between tolerating someone and being their fan.

See above. Fine, you're forgiven; stay away from dogs and live your life. But stay the hell away from my football team - as a fan, I cannot embrace you with open arms. That is considerably further than mere forgiveness.

Actually, it was easy this year. Definitely not worth $5 mil in '10.

A) Dogs were used in hunting and warfare long before they became our cuddly friends (who would gladly eat us if they had to)

B) So that's how you translate "I'm sorry"?

A player on the field is not the man off the field. I can dislike Marshawn, but when he's on the field I love it when he goes Beastmode.

Griff
01-21-2010, 01:18 PM
Since this thread has already been hijacked, it's my personal opinion that any player/coach convicted of a felony should recieve a lifetime ban from the NFL. Let them have their second chance at a different career.

you're right, the NFL should have extreme penalties that don't exist in any other area of the private sector.

justasportsfan
01-21-2010, 01:19 PM
I don't think you're hateful because we disagree I think you're hateful because of the things you say. You could just say I don't think Obama is doing a good job, instead you make extreme accusations.
Shutup Griff. Go back to the spin zone.

imbondz
01-21-2010, 11:08 PM
you're right, the NFL should have extreme penalties that don't exist in any other area of the private sector.

so your company would hire you back after you served 2 years for a federal crime. yeah right.

Griff
01-22-2010, 02:39 AM
so your company would hire you back after you served 2 years for a federal crime. yeah right.

rofl, I wouldn't be the first, believe it or not, but ex-cons can get jobs.

Griff
01-22-2010, 02:40 AM
Shutup Griff. Go back to the spin zone.

keep on trollin'

snow1989
01-22-2010, 03:44 AM
its hard to be a factor when you are on the field for 20 plays all season.

I understand he didn't play all that much in philly and I can't really see why they picked him up...they didn't use their 'wildcat' formation that often. I just don't see him as a 'complete' QB ( yes I know...none of those we have on the roster are either ) but with the years he was in the league I just don't think he progressed and playing in a dome out of the elements helped him.

zone
01-22-2010, 05:44 AM
Gailey adapts his system to suit the players he has and their strengths, I don't see us going after Vick when both Nix and Gailey have talked about how "character" on and off the field is important.

Also, anyone who thinks Vick is better than McNabb needs to have their head examined.