• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Nix wont spend big money in FA, but...

If he did, Karlos Dansby would top my list:

During the spot I just completed on Sporting News Radio's The Monty Show, Monty and I talked about the realities of the labor negotiations and the uncapped year.

Id move to the 3-4

Start Mitchell and Poz inside, move Maybin to rush LB, and put Dansby on the other side.

Thoughts?

Re: Nix wont spend big money in FA, but...

DeMeco Ryams or DQwell Jackson would also be interesting pickups but I think we'd be better off cutting our loses with Mitchell and signing Shawne Merriman who Nix was involved with in San Diego.

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

I always view FA as an opportunity to find good role players or underrated contributers, like Drayton Florence.

Most of the big $$ FA are overpaid, past their prime or very overrated, due to demand. With an uncapped year coming up, I just can't see the Bills getting anyone off the A list. Will Snyder,Jones & other big spenders be able to show any self restraint ?

But I do like your thinking. I guess we have to wait and see if it's a 3-4 or 4-3 we are running.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
        • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Night Train
        I always view FA as an opportunity to find good role players or underrated contributers, like Drayton Florence.

Most of the big $$ FA are overpaid, past their prime or very overrated, due to demand. With an uncapped year coming up, I just can't see the Bills getting anyone off the A list. Will Snyder,Jones & other big spenders be able to show any self restraint ?

But I do like your thinking. I guess we have to wait and see if it's a 3-4 or 4-3 we are running.
        I agree...FA is the worst way to acquire a marquee player. I bet that Buffalo would not only have to compete with deep pocket franchises, but blow their doors off. Trading for some picks, with Nix's draft record, would be an option better suited for this team.

Comment

• elltrain22
          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Night Train
          Will Snyder,Jones & other big spenders be able to show any self restraint ?
          I think I can answer that and say that those 2 yahoos will def' spend.
          If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Nix isn't spending in fa because Ralph won't let him. Let's put the blame in the proper place.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Luisito23
              Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
              Nix isn't spending in fa because Ralph won't let him. Let's put the blame in the proper place.

That's why he made sure he let that known as soon as he was hired!
              "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
              ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
              ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
              ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

In an uncapped year, Dansby is going to break the bank. The Skins & Cowboys will be bidding against each other for him.

Comment

• Mahdi
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by X-Era
                  If he did, Karlos Dansby would top my list:

During the spot I just completed on Sporting News Radio's The Monty Show, Monty and I talked about the realities of the labor negotiations and the uncapped year.

Id move to the 3-4

Start Mitchell and Poz inside, move Maybin to rush LB, and put Dansby on the other side.

Thoughts?
                  I am almost 100% certain Dansby will be a Cowboy. They need a playmaker at ILB and he would fit their scheme perfect. Plus no cap so Jerry can do what he wants.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

He won't be a Cowboy. The CBA has huge restrictions on teams that made the final 8, so the Cowboys will be easily outbid.

The Skins are a possibility though
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• ddaryl
                      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by better days
                      In an uncapped year, Dansby is going to break the bank. The Skins & Cowboys will be bidding against each other for him.

there are some rules in place that will keep this form getting out of hand.

The 2010 year has caps in place for playoff teams. I had a good post on this a while back I will have to dig it up.

Comment

• Mahdi
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
                        He won't be a Cowboy. The CBA has huge restrictions on teams that made the final 8, so the Cowboys will be easily outbid.

The Skins are a possibility though
                        The Cowboys can sign a player when they lose one of equal value to another team.

Comment

• ddaryl
                          Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by better days

http://dailyme.com/story/20091128000...ed-season.html

Quote:
                          The four teams that make the league championship games can't sign an unrestricted free agent unless and until they lose one of equal or more value;
                          The four teams that lost in the divisional round can sign one high-priced unrestricted free agent (price undetermined yet) without having to lose one of their own. Once that maximum exception is burned, they are restricted like the top four teams in terms of big-ticket free agents. And they can also sign as many mid-level free agents as they want (price undetermined).

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                            Pinkerton's son
                            • Feb 2006

Originally posted by kernowboy
                            DeMeco Ryams or DQwell Jackson would also be interesting pickups but I think we'd be better off cutting our loses with Mitchell and signing Shawne Merriman who Nix was involved with in San Diego.
                            there are a bunch of LBs that have expiring contracts that I'd LOVE to have. The list inclusdes Ryans, Jackson, Thomas Davis, Dansby, Kirk Morrison, Thomas Howard, and even Keith Bullock.

If we could get one of these guys, then Id be more comfortable passing on McClain and building up our line.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ddaryl
                              http://dailyme.com/story/20091128000...ed-season.html

Quote:
                              The four teams that make the league championship games can't sign an unrestricted free agent unless and until they lose one of equal or more value;
                              The four teams that lost in the divisional round can sign one high-priced unrestricted free agent (price undetermined yet) without having to lose one of their own. Once that maximum exception is burned, they are restricted like the top four teams in terms of big-ticket free agents. And they can also sign as many mid-level free agents as they want (price undetermined).
                              WHAT NOW MAHDI?

Comment

Working...
                              X