• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Gailey's Quarterback.

I haven't commented on the Chan Gailey hiring yet. I gave it some time to settle in and try and make sense of it. I really think this move is about winning now, Nix knows the Bills fans are not going to be patient, so he brought in a coach that gives us the best chance to win games with our current roster. What does this mean?

Gailey and Nix are going to bring in a QB that can create time and move in the pocket, I think this can only be one of two guys.... Tebow or McNabb.

Gailey has had success with a rollout style passing attack, it will help give us time to finish rebuilding our line, it's an offense that can be put in place with minimal roster moves... basically plug in a QB and bring in one or two more possession type receivers (with Parrish and Owens gone this is a must anyway). Jackson provides a great screen option, I think when healthy we have the TE's to be able to work with this type of play calling.

I think Gailey is young enough and smart enough that he isn't going to be stubborn is his style of football it will grow and adapt with this team, and that's what Nix was looking for. A guy like Billick would probably want to clean house and do things his way, setting us back even further... The Gailey hire, was an attempt to avoid that.

All and all, I am on board. Go get em' Chan.

***Does anyone think that maybe just for a second Ralph Wilson thought he was signing Champ Bailey?****
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• ZAZusmc03
    • Jan 2010

Re: Gailey's Quarterback.

Originally posted by King Bedard
    ***Does anyone think that maybe just for a second Ralph Wilson thought he was signing Champ Bailey?****
    Absolutely hilarious.

On another note, I believe you are correct. The best things you here about Chan are that he adapts his offense to the strengths of his roster and not the other way around like many coaches try to do. I can see us going after a mobile QB in FA or the draft. I personally would love to see mcnabb back in ny.

Comment

• Luisito23
      Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
      • Apr 2003

Trade for McNabb, and draft Tebow with the 2nd. pick!!!
      "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
      ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
      ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
      ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Thief
        • Sep 2009

I really think they are targeting Tebow. I'm not sure how I feel about it.

Comment

• Luisito23
          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Thief
          I'm not sure how I feel about it.

Think of Flutie, but 100x's better!
          ***Marv Levy.***

***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
          ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• The King
            • Jun 2004

Im not sure how I feel either... he's a smart kid, and I do think he will embrace the city. But I'm not thrilled.
            I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
            "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
            You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
            It was all
            true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

aside from all the negative things said about tebow.. i like him.

i also like mcnabb.

i also think you have to mention mike vick in that conversation, if your looking at mobile qbs.
              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• The King
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Tatonka
                aside from all the negative things said about tebow.. i like him.

i also like mcnabb.

i also think you have to mention mike vick in that conversation, if your looking at mobile qbs.
                I think that would be too much of a slap in the face. I dont think Vick is an option.
                It was all

Comment

• Dujek
                  Hall of Fame Zoner
                  • Jan 2008

I asked the question about Tebow before in another thread.

I'm not sure that Tebow coming here would be best for the Bills, but it could work out that way. I really do think, however, that Tebow's best chance of developing into an NFL QB is with a coach like Chan Gailey who is willing to adapt the entire offense to suit the players he's got, and isn't afraid to go to a college style offense if he thinks it's the best fit for his players.

Comment

• RockStar36
                    Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                    • Sep 2004

Originally posted by King Bedard
                    I think that would be too much of a slap in the face. I dont think Vick is an option.
                    Vick is definitely an option.

The option in his contract is around 5 million. Do you think the Eagles are going to pay that for a player who comes into the game for about 5 or 6 plays and barely contributes? I don't.

Buffalo already flirted with Vick. Philly did them a favor by taking him for a season and getting him back into the swing of playing football.

Vick is my best guess, although I can easily see them drafting Tebow now too.

D & S Sports

Comment

• ZAZusmc03
                      • Jan 2010

I am a die-hard Gators fan as well as the Bills, and I really believe Tebow is a born leader. But watching every one of his games since he has been in college....his mechanics realllly worry me. But with that being said, His size and mobility makes me think he could be great for us, much like a Roethlisburger in the way he gets out of bad situations using his size.

Comment

• Luisito23
                        • Apr 2003

Yeah, I think Vick ending up in Buffalo next season is somewhere at 60-70% right now.
                        ***Marv Levy.***

***Thurman Thomas.***

***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                          Zero for Zero!
                          • Mar 2003

Just say no to Tebow and Vick.

Please.
                          Originally posted by mysticsoto
                          Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• tampabay25690
                            • Feb 2004

I think Trent may fit his role and I think having Trent sit out the majority of last year with injury has helped him...

I guess we will see, but I think the Bills will draft a QB at some point as well...
                            GO Gators!!!!!!
                            GO GATORS!!

Comment

• elltrain22
                              • Sep 2003

whoever that QB is, he's got alot of pressure going into next season. I'd love to see our next qb be either McNabb or Kolb, but I highly doubt that'll happen. I just don't know about Tebow. Great kid, but just don't know if his arm is NFL quality, but I hope I'm wrong.
                              If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

Working...
                              X