What are some realistic expectations you have for Chan Gailey in year one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

What are some realistic expectations you have for Chan Gailey in year one?

First on my list is improvement on offense.

But, I think realistically, New England is on the decline as witnessed this season and we should have enough film on them beating us that maybe a coach like Gailey can finally come up with a gameplan to win against them.

So I think its time we finally beat New England. At least once.

What are some realistic hopes and expectations you have for this season?
    I am The Batman.
  • Jaybird
    • Dec 2005

Re: What are some realistic expectations you have for Chan Gailey in year one?

winning record within the division

Comment

• BillsWin
      man amongst boys
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Jaybird
      winning record within the division

I agree. Something like 4-2. 3-3 is acceptable.
      I am The Batman.

Comment

• TheBrownBear
        • Dec 2004

Offensive improvement. Good game management. Between 7 and 9 wins (assuming we don't gut the entire roster).

Comment

• BoyILuvLoznStupidly
          • Sep 2009

Getting Maybin on the field

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

An 8-8 record. I think he's a better coach than Jauron, and with some key guys coming back from injuries, better utilization of a number of our young players, and a good draft, I think it's entirely possible.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Cntrygal
              Visually stunning but camera-shy.
              • Jul 2002

A competitive game.
              Originally posted by notacon
              The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• ZAZusmc03
                • Jan 2010

I think 3-3 or 4-2 in the division is a respectable expectation.

Comment

• BillsWin
                  man amongst boys
                  • Oct 2008

8-8 sounds about right for the first season. we had a lot of injuries to a lot of starters, yet we still won 6 games. I say the o-line needs to be healthy and we NEED McGee and McKelvin back.
                  I am The Batman.

Comment

• madness
                    • Apr 2003

For me, record has no bearing at this point. We need to set a strong foundation to build upon for the future.

This team has had no identity up to this point. I expect to see a tough, determined team that sticks to fundamentals and doesn't quit at the slightest sign of adversity. I certainly don't expect this team to be able to do it every minute of every game but I do expect to see the beginning of a team that imposes its will on offense AND defense at the necessary times.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                      Zero for Zero!
                      • Mar 2003

2-14 record

Maybe 4-12 with some breaks. This is a bad, bad, bad football team.
                      Originally posted by mysticsoto
                      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                        Peterman Sucks!
                        • Mar 2006

A complete roster overhaul....a true rebuilding....the organization to realize we are so far away from the better teams in this league that signing 1 or 2 flashy guys isn't gonna get it done.

If you want record wise...4-12

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                          • Nov 2009

Bills have the 5th youngest roster in the NFL. Players have not been developed for 4 years... a little player development will go a long way. Then maybe all of the "this team is horrible" crap will stop for once. We went 6-10 with a coaching staff that was one step above below not having a coach at all.

10 wins. WC. One win against each division opponent.

Comment

• Mad Bomber
                            • Jul 2002

8 wins

An offense that's ranked higher than 25th

A "play to win" attitude, as opposed to DJ's "play not to lose"

Comment

• Mahdi
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by BillsWin
                              First on my list is improvement on offense.

But, I think realistically, New England is on the decline as witnessed this season and we should have enough film on them beating us that maybe a coach like Gailey can finally come up with a gameplan to win against them.

So I think its time we finally beat New England. At least once.

What are some realistic hopes and expectations you have for this season?
                              Impossible to guess without seeing the offseason unfold. Vick or McNabb for example change everything.

Trent Edwards = 5-11

Comment

Working...
                              X