PDA

View Full Version : Forked Thread: John Guy Fired! - Was it Guy or the money??

Ebenezer
01-21-2010, 01:10 PM
Forked from: John Guy Fired! (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=3127050)

11 PM News John Guy Fired. Per John Murphy

Now, many (including myself) wanted Guy gone because of his perceived incompetence...but, is he a fall guy? Did he do his job but was schackled by the restrictions put on him by above? Did RW, Jeff Littman and the other money guys lay down a plan that he had to follow? Is he merely the scapegoat now for poor policy?

Thoughts?

Demon
01-21-2010, 01:17 PM
Besides Guy, i think Jim Overdorf is another guy who has messed our organization up pretty badly. Overdorf needs to be the next guy fired and after that Modrak. Although, like i said, i doubt Modrak goes. Overdorf needs to be fired though.

M
01-21-2010, 01:22 PM
I'm going to go with Guy himself. He did fork over a lot of $$$ for Dockery and et al and since he was VP of Pro Personnel (or whatever his title was) - that mess falls into his lap.

bflojohn
01-21-2010, 06:33 PM
One story I've heard about Bill Polian was that he told Ralph, upon his hire, that he wasn't being cheap, he was spending money on inferior talent, at the time! This is partially why John Guy is unemployed as of now, he found inferior talent and Ralph spent BIG money on those players. The hand writing was on the wall because of his misses such as Dockery, Royal, etal. The Bills turned a page that they "misread" for years! He was the Chuck Lester of the front office.

YardRat
01-21-2010, 06:36 PM
Look at the FA's we brought in, and the massive amounts of money some of them got, and you'll find your answer. I would've kicked Guy's ass out the door right along with Dockery.

Liverpoolkev
01-21-2010, 06:59 PM
Forked from: John Guy Fired! (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=3127050)

Now, many (including myself) wanted Guy gone because of his perceived incompetence...but, is he a fall guy? Did he do his job but was schackled by the restrictions put on him by above? Did RW, Jeff Littman and the other money guys lay down a plan that he had to follow? Is he merely the scapegoat now for poor policy?

Thoughts?:brilliant: of course he was the scape-goat Littman,overdorf , and Brandon wouldnt know talent if it hit them in the head ...so when you have non-football people deciding on who to pay trying to judge the value this is what you get.............................littman,overdorf been here for 10 plus years but I dont see the fire and pitch-forks to get rid of them...................and Bait and switch Brandon playing GM but gets absolutely no critcism here in Buffalo is beyond me. But the thing burns my socks the most. No one has called for the head of the person who thought that Jauron needed a new contract , paid for the Derrick Dockery contract ,How about giving 6mill to schoebal or 5 mill to Kelsay and Langston walker..........................The contract guy need to fired ........we are 12th in salaries but our team is in shambles.......call for the head of the person that paid these crazy contracts that would impress me the most thats if we are really cleaning house