PDA

View Full Version : I don't expect Bob Sanders back as DL coach

Coach Sal
01-21-2010, 04:28 PM
Nothing Earth-shattering here, but Based on conversations I've had, I do not expect Chan Gailey to retain Bob Sanders as DL coach of the Bills. I know many here would like to have him back.

Not sure of this is another precursor in a change in defensive front/philosophy, but if he is indeed let go "officially," it could very well be.

I'm told things can still change based on who is actually hired as DC, but as of now, it doesn't look good for Sanders.

On a related note, Sanders could actually be a candidate for the vacant Tennessee Vols DC job.

Cntrygal
01-21-2010, 04:30 PM
thanks! ;)

Griff
01-21-2010, 04:31 PM
that kinda sucks, Sanders was actually able to get some success with Kelsey

NOT THE DUDE...
01-21-2010, 04:34 PM
coach sal thanks for the info, any word yet on if gailey is committed to having a 34 defense?

Slim
01-21-2010, 04:37 PM
Any word on Catavolous?

Coach Sal
01-21-2010, 04:38 PM
coach sal thanks for the info, any word yet on if gailey is committed to having a 34 defense?

No, but like I said, this could be another move indicating a switch to that direction if he is indeed let go.

I want to stress these are my feelings based on a couple conversations I've had today with people. Nothing concrete as far as Sanders officially being let go or not.

Cntrygal
01-21-2010, 04:39 PM
I want to stress these are my feelings based on a couple conversations I've had today with people. Nothing concrete as far as Sanders officially being let go or not.

Understood. :up:

Demon
01-21-2010, 04:40 PM
I thought we fired our entire coaching staff? How much more official can that be?

T-Long
01-21-2010, 04:42 PM
hey Coach anything on Catavolus?

YardRat
01-21-2010, 05:13 PM
I thought we fired our entire coaching staff? How much more official can that be?

Gailey said on a radio show yesterday morning that any of the previous staff that were interested in possibly staying with the team were 'more than welcome' to come in and discuss the possibility.

Michael82
01-21-2010, 05:19 PM
This most likely means we are going to the 3-4. Sanders left Green Bay once they decided to try a 3-4 defense.

bflojohn
01-21-2010, 08:42 PM
That is the one thing that bugs me about NFL level coaches and what they can and cannot do! I find it hard to believe Sanders doesn't understand or won't teach 3-4 scheme techniques, and will let a job opening in Buffalo for such a position go idly by!?!?! I just don't think he's out of town because its scheme related, just my two cents!!
Note: Personally, I thought he was a real good hire by Dick Jauron!