PDA

View Full Version : Bills Mock

ParanoidAndroid
01-21-2010, 05:31 PM
1. Brian Bulaga OT - Gailey will put together a smash mouth offensive line first. He has some good guard prospects already on his team, but needs a stout LT. Bulaga is his man - nasty, intense, and finishes his blocks.

2. Antonio Coleman OLB - Will fit in the OLB slot opposite of Maybin assuming Maybin earns the job. He can get to the QB and is decent against the run.

3. Al Woods NT - Helping to complete the switch to the 3-4 defense, the Bills get their future starter at NT. Woods will have to learn quickly and may get an early starting nod if Buffalo finds no help in free agency. Stroud is not a NT and no longer commands the double teams he did in his prime.

4. Alex Carrington DE - At 285 lbs. and with edequate speed to even play in a 4-3, Gailey goes in for this small school sleeper's versatility. The Bills will be lucky to get him here as the "lesser competition" argument drives his draft stock way below value.

5. Blair White WR - Buffalo goes back to the offense to begin restocking at the WR position. Owens is a goner and if Reed goes, Buffalo will need a reliable slot receiver. White is an intelligent football player who knows how to get open and move the sticks.

6. Joe Pawelek ILB - Buffalo seriously needs depth at ILB but bigger needs press that way down to the 6th pick. Luckily, Pawelek waits in the lurch to be drafted and Buffalo should be pleased when this steady, productive workaholic comes to them. This is if Singletary doesn't nab his fellow Baylor alum first.

7. Greg Middleton DE - Buffalo takes a long look at a guy who happened to produce 50 tackles, 17 tackles for loss and 16 sacks during an enigma of a sophomore season. He hasn't since even sniffed that level of production, but why not try to figure out why? He has the size and strength to play DE in a 3-4. The possible reward for rediscovering that production could pay huge dividends and is worth the minor risk of a 7th round pick.

Mitchell55
01-22-2010, 06:20 PM
Brohm-QB???

PECKERWOOD
01-22-2010, 07:52 PM
In my signature, this is my 2nd time posting this mock. I can't really come up with a mock that is much better, I'd be ecstatic if it played out like this.

ct bills fan
01-22-2010, 08:21 PM
I like the idea of Bulaga, but nine is too early for him. Maybe trade down in the first and pick up another 2nd. Trade the two 2s to get back in the 1st; thus having 2 later 1st round picks? One for a OT, one for a QB (Colt or Tebow). I would be thrilled with this scenario

bflojohn
01-23-2010, 03:53 PM
Add the picks from Philly and Detroit to round it out (6th and 7th rounders). We have them, so load up and use them, big guy!!!

JCBills
01-24-2010, 03:13 AM
In my signature, this is my 2nd time posting this mock. I can't really come up with a mock that is much better, I'd be ecstatic if it played out like this.

TE is a need since?

DraftBoy
01-24-2010, 09:26 AM
1. Brian Bulaga OT - Gailey will put together a smash mouth offensive line first. He has some good guard prospects already on his team, but needs a stout LT. Bulaga is his man - nasty, intense, and finishes his blocks.

2. Antonio Coleman OLB - Will fit in the OLB slot opposite of Maybin assuming Maybin earns the job. He can get to the QB and is decent against the run.

3. Al Woods NT - Helping to complete the switch to the 3-4 defense, the Bills get their future starter at NT. Woods will have to learn quickly and may get an early starting nod if Buffalo finds no help in free agency. Stroud is not a NT and no longer commands the double teams he did in his prime.

4. Alex Carrington DE - At 285 lbs. and with edequate speed to even play in a 4-3, Gailey goes in for this small school sleeper's versatility. The Bills will be lucky to get him here as the "lesser competition" argument drives his draft stock way below value.

5. Blair White WR - Buffalo goes back to the offense to begin restocking at the WR position. Owens is a goner and if Reed goes, Buffalo will need a reliable slot receiver. White is an intelligent football player who knows how to get open and move the sticks.

6. Joe Pawelek ILB - Buffalo seriously needs depth at ILB but bigger needs press that way down to the 6th pick. Luckily, Pawelek waits in the lurch to be drafted and Buffalo should be pleased when this steady, productive workaholic comes to them. This is if Singletary doesn't nab his fellow Baylor alum first.

7. Greg Middleton DE - Buffalo takes a long look at a guy who happened to produce 50 tackles, 17 tackles for loss and 16 sacks during an enigma of a sophomore season. He hasn't since even sniffed that level of production, but why not try to figure out why? He has the size and strength to play DE in a 3-4. The possible reward for rediscovering that production could pay huge dividends and is worth the minor risk of a 7th round pick.

Coleman and Woods are too high, and Im not a big fan of Carrington or White. I do like Pawelek and Middleton though.

YardRat
01-24-2010, 11:58 AM
1. Rolando McCain, LB - Alabama
2. Charles Brown, OT - USC
3. Donovan Warren, CB - Michigan
4. Torrell Troup, DT - Central Florida
5. Alex Carrington, DE - Arkansas State
6. Andrew Quarless, TE - Penn State
6b. Chris Scott, OT - Tennessee
7. Chris Carter, WR - UC Davis
7b. Clifton Geathers, DE - South Carolina

DraftBoy
01-24-2010, 01:41 PM
1. OT Bryan Bulaga
2. DE Corey Wooton
3. DT D'Anthony Smith
4. SS Reshad Jones
5. WR Marcus Easley
6. QB John Skelton
7. OLB Arthur Moats

Slim
01-24-2010, 01:42 PM
1. Rolando McCain, LB - Alabama
2. Charles Brown, OT - USC
3. Donovan Warren, CB - Michigan
4. Torrell Troup, DT - Central Florida
5. Alex Carrington, DE - Arkansas State
6. Andrew Quarless, TE - Penn State
6b. Chris Scott, OT - Tennessee
7. Chris Carter, WR - UC Davis
7b. Clifton Geathers, DE - South Carolina

Lol Chris Carter, the best UC Davis grad since JT O'Sullivan.

I went to Jesuit high school which is where he went. Ken O'brien, Giovanni Carmazzi, Cj Bacher, and JT O'sullivan. :rofl: Quite the stable of QB's.

ParanoidAndroid
02-03-2010, 11:28 AM
Coleman and Woods are too high, and Im not a big fan of Carrington or White. I do like Pawelek and Middleton though.

Odrick in Rd 2 and Coleman in Rd. 3? Can Odrick pack some more weight on that 6-5 frame?

DraftBoy
02-03-2010, 11:33 AM
Odrick in Rd 2 and Coleman in Rd. 3? Can Odrick pack some more weight on that 6-5 frame?

Odrick in Round 2 isn't bad, may be a slight reach but his stock is in the same time zone. He should be able to add 10-15 more pounds without losing too much of what he does.

I dont think Coleman right now is even a top 4 Round prospect. 5th or 6th Round is more likely for him.

ParanoidAndroid
02-03-2010, 11:52 AM
Odrick in Round 2 isn't bad, may be a slight reach but his stock is in the same time zone. He should be able to add 10-15 more pounds without losing too much of what he does.

I dont think Coleman right now is even a top 4 Round prospect. 5th or 6th Round is more likely for him.

Perhaps Cunninham is a better pick for that position at that point in the draft. I do like Coleman, though.

DraftBoy
02-03-2010, 12:03 PM
Perhaps Cunninham is a better pick for that position at that point in the draft. I do like Coleman, though.

I wouldnt rate him much higher...if you're looking for a 4-3 DE Cover 2 or a 3-4 OLB guy in Round 3 look at players like;

Austen Lane-Murray State
George Selvie-USF
Eric Norwood-South Carolina
Thaddeus Gibson-Ohio State