PDA

View Full Version : L.A. Bills?

plundar
01-21-2010, 07:22 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nfl/columns/story?id=4842852

As frustrating as this team is the only way to keep the team here is to sell out the stadium.

bflojohn
01-21-2010, 08:26 PM
I tend to agree, it would be a travesty if the Bills move to Los Angeles. I would anticipate a name change from "Bills" too! The entire entity of the Buffalo Bills and their history will be wiped out by some a$$ in L.A. who wants an NFL franchise to play with! Take Jacksonville you arrogant bastards!! Generally NO history there to speak of.... Come on Ralph, have a plan in place for the Bills' future in Buffalo!!

YardRat
01-21-2010, 08:28 PM
I'm not worried.....Yet.

capitolneal
01-21-2010, 08:29 PM
Yeah.. and people want to boycott, if that eve happened the Bills will be in LA or San Antonio

T-Long
01-21-2010, 08:37 PM
Will never happen...plenty of other teams out there that would go before the Bills.

TacklingDummy
01-21-2010, 08:38 PM
Jacksonville will go first.

capitolneal
01-21-2010, 08:41 PM

I agree they don't sell out and they are not Bills Fans where they r rabid and DESERVE awinner we as Bills Fans are about as passionate fan as there is in the NFL and the BILLS ONLY belong in BUFFALO

BSU Drew
01-21-2010, 08:42 PM
Im so tired of hearing about the Bills moving to LA. It will not happen. This **** is seriously getting old..

THATHURMANATOR
01-21-2010, 08:58 PM
I left a comment.

Nublar7
01-21-2010, 09:20 PM
Jacksonville will go first. John Semcken has mentioned that two teams could potentially be moved to Los Angeles. Sort of like how the Jets and Giants both share a stadium. If only one team goes it appears like it would indeed be the Jaguars and that makes the most sense.

If they do convince two teams, I think the Bills are the next logical choice.

Michael82
01-21-2010, 09:27 PM
So sick of hearing all this ****ing L.A. ****! There's no way the Bills will move to L.A. If they ever moved from Buffalo, it would most likely be to Toronto.

Thurmal
01-21-2010, 09:44 PM
John Semcken has mentioned that two teams could potentially be moved to Los Angeles. Sort of like how the Jets and Giants both share a stadium. If only one team goes it appears like it would indeed be the Jaguars and that makes the most sense.

If they do convince two teams, I think the Bills are the next logical choice.

Two teams? L.A. couldn't fill their stadium for either team, much like your Dolphins.

More logical choices for L.A. move:

Jax
Minn
S.D.
Oak

trapezeus
01-21-2010, 09:53 PM
i wonder how they would realign the divisions with LA. if they get the chargers, it isn't a big deal. but if they get the jags or bills, that california team will have at least 3 east coast games. maybe they have to move atlanta to the east in the AFC nad then move the la team to the NFC west. but that ruins some good rivalries.

i trust the nfl will find a way to tinker with something that deserves no tinkering.

Aliceinchainsbills15
01-21-2010, 10:11 PM
WE ARE NOT GOING TO LA! End of story.

SabreEleven
01-21-2010, 10:52 PM
LA has already lost their share of teams...they shouldn't get a 3rd or 4th chance.

Don't Panic
01-22-2010, 08:24 AM
i wonder how they would realign the divisions with LA. if they get the chargers, it isn't a big deal. but if they get the jags or bills, that california team will have at least 3 east coast games. maybe they have to move atlanta to the east in the AFC nad then move the la team to the NFC west. but that ruins some good rivalries.

i trust the nfl will find a way to tinker with something that deserves no tinkering.

Jax to LA... swap with St. Louis to give an NFC West of LA, Sea, AZ and SF and a AFC South of Indy, Ten, St L and Hou. Done and done.

VegasFan
01-22-2010, 08:26 AM
Yes in fact the writing is on the wall. We don't want to admit it but it is exactly another "Major League" scenario being played out. Penny pinching, moaning about a small market team, hiring mediocre players and coaches. Orchard Park stadium lease over in 2012. Ralph passes on. Team sold to highest bidder. Buffalo Bills become the Los Angeles Storm. How far is the drive to Cleveland?

RockStar36
01-22-2010, 08:27 AM
The Bills aren't moving to LA and they aren't moving to Toronto either.

So many other teams in this league have such a hard time selling out their stadium and yet the Bills are picked on for being in a small market, despite consistently selling out the stadium during one of the worst decades of football ever.

Just let the people talk because that's all it is.

ddaryl
01-22-2010, 08:33 AM
Yeah.. and people want to boycott, if that eve happened the Bills will be in LA or San Antonio

so what your saying is we should thank Ralph and Co. for constantly putting an inferior product on the field by just handing over our money so we can have the pleasure of being a complete laughing stock of a franchise.

I'm willing to support one thing and one thing only. A 100% committment to winning championships....

AND it all starts by raisnig ticket prices by a minimum of $10 a game.

So if the fans of buffalo want to keep the Bills in Buffalo then they best be willing to start paying a considerbale bit more for the product so we can compete year in and year out.

Otherwise people are going to stop buying tickets anyways....you can only put a craptastic product on the filed for so long before people will just not want to support the team, and the way things have been going for this franchise that day could be coming.

Also Ralph and Co. need to sell the stadium naming rights even if its for chump change. The bottom line is the Bills have to bring in more revenue then what they do now otherwise when Ralph does move on the new owner is going to have a harder time justfying keeping the team here anyways.

Beebe's Kid
01-22-2010, 08:52 AM
I will pay more, as most fans agree they are willing to do. I have never seen a fan say anything different.

The Bills leaving Buffalo would have a far greater effect on the area than people even realize, I think. People don't want their football team to go away, but what about all the charity work the team does? What about the businesses that depend on the games?

Unfortunately if Ralph does have the team auctioned off after his death, how is there going to be a bidder from WNY that can realistically outbid one from L.A.?

RockStar36
01-22-2010, 09:29 AM
For one, when Ralph passes away, I'm sure there is more than one ownership group ready to buy the Bills.

And even in the event that they do move, there is no way Buffalo doesn't get another team. Look at the Cleveland situation, it would be the same exact thing. I can guarantee that.

alohabillsfan
01-22-2010, 10:03 AM

The league can't even get Jacksonville 1 game in London, The lease for the Jags is for 30 years and all home games have to be played in their stadium, unfortunately.

eee1776
01-22-2010, 01:02 PM
Its funny this time of year every year the rumor starts about the bills moving and ususaly ends about draft time.

RockStar36
01-22-2010, 01:04 PM
The league can't even get Jacksonville 1 game in London, The lease for the Jags is for 30 years and all home games have to be played in their stadium, unfortunately.

I don't know the details of the lease in Jacksonville, but football is dead there.

They tarp off huge sections of the stadium and still can't sell the place out. It's sad enough that they can't sell out with a mildly successful team, but the whole tarping off sections thing sets it over the edge.

The sooner they move the better.

Michael82
01-22-2010, 01:43 PM
The Bills leaving Buffalo would have a far greater effect on the area than people even realize.

EXACTLY! I have been saying this for a while. Western NY is dying. If we lose the Bills, what's left will pretty much fall apart.