PDA

View Full Version : Give Jon Tenuta a DC interview!

BuffaloBlitz83
01-21-2010, 08:20 PM
He has past successful experience with Gailey.

Runs an aggressive blitz heavy defense.Complete oppositive of our no risk defense.

Currently in ND but is likely on way out with Kelly hire. The mess in ND wasn't his fault. Didn't have anything, bad recruits. His career as a DC is impressive.

Give this guy an interview!

Prov401
01-21-2010, 08:25 PM
I would like him over Bates and Campo for sure.

YardRat
01-21-2010, 08:30 PM
I like what I've read so far about his 'philosophy', but really don't like that he has zero NFL experience.

BuffaloBlitz83
01-21-2010, 08:30 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QY8c9TJLmBY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QY8c9TJLmBY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

He curses a lot for sure. He was pissed at this ND defense lol

Michael82
01-21-2010, 09:25 PM
<OBJECT width=425 height=344>

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QY8c9TJLmBY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></OBJECT></P>
He curses a lot for sure. He was pissed at this ND defense lol

:rofl: That's hilarious! I could just picture him in training camp with the pussies.

YardRat
01-21-2010, 09:27 PM
The 'pussies' in the NFL will be making more money in one season than Tenuta will see his entire career, Mikey. Little bit different level.

BuffaloBlitz83
01-21-2010, 09:30 PM
The 'pussies' in the NFL will be making more money in one season than Tenuta will see his entire career, Mikey. Little bit different level.

Who cares about the amount of money. I like his attitude and aggressive style of defense.

There have been coordinators that crossed over from college to be successful. He isn't a HC. Hell people wanted Harbaugh to be HC and he had far less experience.

Michael82
01-21-2010, 09:31 PM

Good point. But still...some of our guys definitely deserve to get yelled at. I remember Krumrie used to yell a lot at camp.

Michael82
01-21-2010, 09:32 PM
At the very least, he's jobless. I'd be fine with bringing him in for an assistant coach position. Maybe LB coach or something.

mark1126
01-21-2010, 10:51 PM
he is a horrible communicator and teacher. Million dollar athletes will tune that guy right out. He provided no technique visual demonstration, just verbal. He provided no detail on the purpose of the particular technique as opposed to other techniques or when to use that which is part of the recognition-decision making-execution process. No communication on how the technique is used to gain leverage or where the point of contact should be, etc. He wanted downhill footwork but it was apparent speed and agility with change of direction, shilfting weight and balance etc was not taught. That was so high school is was laughable...anyone impressed with that never played high level sports in their life and actually knows what good coaching is..