PDA

View Full Version : Shefter says Bates is interviewing.

plundar
01-21-2010, 10:37 PM
http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter

Michael82
01-21-2010, 10:43 PM
:rofl: Is that was Schefter is coming to? Retweeting a link to a post on Buffalo Range? :rofl:

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-21-2010, 10:45 PM
:rofl: Is that was Schefter is coming to? Retweeting a link to a post on Buffalo Range? :rofl:

lmao

Maybe its a thread that Tim Graham posted.

The Spaz
01-21-2010, 10:46 PM
Wow. Good job Adam...:shakeno:

Demon
01-21-2010, 10:52 PM
I clicked on the link and it says Bates is a run defense first guy. He doesn't like to blitz often. WTF..... doesn't he realize this is a pass happy league? Bates would be a DISASTER. WOW.

dplus47
01-22-2010, 02:54 AM
I clicked on the link and it says Bates is a run defense first guy. He doesn't like to blitz often. WTF..... doesn't he realize this is a pass happy league? Bates would be a DISASTER. WOW.

With the talent in Buffalo right now, I don't think this at all. If the Bills get a little better against the run, you know they can create turnovers in the passing game. The Bills don't need to reinvent the wheel on D.

We used to complain about Bates a lot in Miami--he will strike you as "vanilla"--but, in hindsight, all those teams were doomed by Wannstedt's stubborn, backward offensive philosophy. The D was the team's strength, year-in and year-out.

If Gailey manages to work a slight miracle with the offense and Bates can come in and just improve the defense a little bit, the Bills will be tough to play.

RockStar36
01-22-2010, 07:44 AM
Speaking of Schefter, a lot of people on this board owe him an apology.

Beebe's Kid
01-22-2010, 10:08 AM

Why?

hydro
01-22-2010, 10:11 AM
Why?

Oh I don't know. Maybe because his name was dragged through the mud with the Cowher fiasco. His credibility was judged pretty harshly and even though he was adamant that Cowher wasn't coming here no one believed him.

Beebe's Kid
01-22-2010, 10:41 AM
Oh I don't know. Maybe because his name was dragged through the mud with the Cowher fiasco. His credibility was judged pretty harshly and even though he was adamant that Cowher wasn't coming here no one believed him.

Easy tiger. I was just asking why he was owed an apology. I figured it was because of him being right about Cowher, but I didn't know if there was more to it.

I guess maybe it was just frustration over the whole speculation, but it seemed like he was kind of stating the obvious, and had no other information as to what may be going on, which he didn't. To be fair, nobody did. The lack of organizational leaks kind of made all of the "insiders" look bad.

madness
01-22-2010, 10:54 AM
Eh, in end he always chokes.

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hIEnFVuHFZI&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" height="344" width="425"><object height="344" width="425"> (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/%3Cobject%20width=)

RockStar36
01-22-2010, 11:08 AM
Easy tiger. I was just asking why he was owed an apology. I figured it was because of him being right about Cowher, but I didn't know if there was more to it.

I guess maybe it was just frustration over the whole speculation, but it seemed like he was kind of stating the obvious, and had no other information as to what may be going on, which he didn't. To be fair, nobody did. The lack of organizational leaks kind of made all of the "insiders" look bad.

Maybe he was stating the obvious, but he was also stating the truth. Just because he doesn't go into detail about why he says things doesn't mean he doesn't have sources or inside information. The guy obviously has some credibility after working for the NFL and ESPN.

Point is, he said what people on the board didn't want to hear, and instead of accepting it, people bashed the living hell out of him.

In the end, he was right, and those people look like morons now.

YardRat
01-22-2010, 12:27 PM
I didn't get bashed for saying from the beginning that Cowher wasn't coming here, so nobody owes me an apology.

I've bashed Schefter for different reasons, though, and stand by those.

BigZ
01-22-2010, 12:52 PM
Oh, I misread the title of this thread because I read it so fast. I thought it said:

Bates says Shefter is irritating.