X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • more cowbell
    • Apr 2006

Why would you not want Tebow?

If we were to pick Tebow anywhere in the draft whether its at 9 and considered a massive "reach"...or later in the draft I can't understand why some people would not want this guy

He is nothing but a winner. If he or his team doesnt succeed he takes it personally and has proven he takes all the steps to turn the team and himself around (see 2008 after the Miss. State loss at home with his famous speech)

"Experts" say that he doesn't have mechanics. So what? mechanics, unlike pure talent and desire can be taught. And if there is one player willing to learn whatever he needs to learn to be successful it is Tebow.

The guy wears his heart on his sleeve for his football team, he can run the ball and throw the ball. Wouldn't it be nice to see our QB be as passionate about the game as the fans of WNY? I'm so sick of the laid back attidute this team has installed in its brain from the Jauron era. Tebow would bring an instant "chip on the shoulder" mentality to the team. He has something to prove, the coaching staff and the rest of the roster does as well.

Dont get me wrong, I HATED the Gailey hire, but the guy does know how to run an offense, and work with young QB's. I certainly believe he wouldn't set up Tebow to fail, nor would Tebow accept failure from himself. That is why we need this guy. He is the answer to a lot of the things that are wrong with the team in terms of talent, production and leadership.

Draft him at 9...I don't even care...I want winners on this team. I'm sick of watching a bunch of bums who could careless about anything but their paychecks run through the motions on Sunday's.
    Last edited by more cowbell; 01-22-2010, 12:55 AM.
    The last time the Bills made the playoffs was 1999.
  • Ingtar33
    Dances With Buffaloes
    • Sep 2002

Re: Why would you not want Tebow?

Originally posted by more cowbell
    If we were to pick Tebow anywhere in the draft whether its at 9 and considered a massive "reach"...or later in the draft I can't understand why some people would not want this guy

He is nothing but a winner. If he or his team doesnt succeed he takes it personally and has proven he takes all the steps to turn the team and himself around (see 2008 after the Miss. State loss at home with his famous speech)

"Experts" say that he doesn't have mechanics. So what? mechanics, unlike pure talent and desire can be taught. And if there is one player willing to learn whatever he needs to learn to be successful it is Tebow.

The guy wears his heart on his sleeve for his football team, he can run the ball and throw the ball. Wouldn't it be nice to see our QB be as passionate about the game as the fans of WNY? I'm so sick of the laid back attidute this team has installed in its brain from the Jauron era. Tebow would bring an instant "chip on the shoulder" mentality to the team. He has something to prove, the coaching staff and the rest of the roster does as well.

Dont get me wrong, I HATED the Gailey hire, but the guy does know how to run an offense, and work with young QB's. I certainly believe he wouldn't set up Tebow to fail, nor would Tebow accept failure from himself. That is why we need this guy. He is the answer to a lot of the things that are wrong with the team in terms of talent, production and leadership.

Draft him at 9...I don't even care...I want winners on this team. I'm sick of watching a bunch of bums who could careless about anything but their paychecks run through the motions on Sunday's.

Danny Wuerffel was a winner... and a QB in Tebow's stature in college. If being a winner was a prerequisite for NFL success all those Heisman trophy winning QBs like Eric Crouch would have been big stars in the NFL (Eric Crouch and Tim Tebow are identical players btw, crouch was smaller and faster, but i think probably was a better passer)
    Last edited by Ingtar33; 01-22-2010, 01:08 AM.
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• BillsWin
      man amongst boys
      • Oct 2008

As long as we dont reach on him and we address LT and run defense first, I don't care if we pick Tebow in the third or later.
      IMO he has bust written on him.

Drafting Tebow would give half the fans hard ons and make the other half throw up. Maybe some will do both.

Either way, Im fine with Tebow if we are prepared to cater our offense to him, give him protection and have a plan B. For Gods sake please don't draft him at nine!!!
      I am The Batman.

Comment

• Dying_-2-_Live
        • Feb 2009

ill be pretty upset if we pick him at 9... but anywhere after that would be ok i suppose. Would approve of Pike over him though
        "If you ain't first... You're last"

Comment

• JD
          Sabres Zone
          • Sep 2003

I want him the most, QB wise. Most will disagree but watch him kill it in this league.
          “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

Wait until the Indy combine and watch his body of work. You'll realize his vast limitations in mechanics, arm strength & accuracy.

He be uselss as a throwing QB in the windy Ralph, come November.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• snow1989
              • Sep 2003

No thanks taking Tebow at #9. He functioned in a shotgun offense, which helped him with getting his slow delivery off. He would take a lot of work...drafted in the later rounds...maybe, but not at #9. I don't really see a #9 QB out there...*shrug*
              I've upped my standards...now up yours

Comment

• elltrain22
                • Sep 2003

2 words.... Noodle Arm. I love Tebow as a person. I think the kid has tremendous leadership qualities, and I love the fact that he's such a devote Christian, but the kid just doesn't have an NFL arm. Poor throwing mechanics, and isn't a pro-style QB. I really, really hope I'm wrong.
                If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• tampabay25690
                  • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Dying_-2-_Live
                  ill be pretty upset if we pick him at 9... but anywhere after that would be ok i suppose. Would approve of Pike over him though
                  Pike will never make it threw a NFL season with his stature....
                  I don't think PIKE is worth a 5th round pick..
                  GO Gators!!!!!!
                  GO GATORS!!

Comment

• zone
                    No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
                    • Oct 2003

I trust Nix to evaluate the talent out there and if he feels Tebow is what we need with our first pick then I would be fine with it. I don't see this happening however, I think they will decided that we either have enough raw talent at the QB position currently on the team in Edwards and Brohm or they will want to go out a get a veteran who is a significant upgrade now, like McNabb.

Like Nix said in the presser it's not rocket science, if a guy was allways successful in high school and college, then there is a good chance of them being able to repeat that in the NFL.
                    www.blzbus.com

Comment

• tampabay25690
                      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by elltrain22
                      2 words.... Noodle Arm. I love Tebow as a person. I think the kid has tremendous leadership qualities, and I love the fact that he's such a devote Christian, but the kid just doesn't have an NFL arm. Poor throwing mechanics, and isn't a pro-style QB. I really, really hope I'm wrong.
                      Noodle arm??
                      Please explain??

I agree he doesnt have the best arm but a noodle arm??? He has a much better arm then people think and I think I know a little bit about TIM......

To be honest TIM is not a fit in BUFFALO, the Bills need a QB bad and Tim needs to be drafted by a team that needs 1 in 1-2 years....

Tebow will be fine in the NFL and watch Coaches fall in love with him at the combine....
                      GO Gators!!!!!!
                      GO GATORS!!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                        • May 2003

I love Tebow as a person, a competitor, a motivator and a winner. I'm just not sure he can play QB in the NFL.

We have too many holes to fill to take that kind of risk in any early round. There are far better options at OT, DT, LB, etc. that can come in and help now.

We are in no position, with our needs, to take this gamble.
                        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Mad Bomber
                          • Jul 2002

One upside if we draft Tebow at #9: since he's left handed he'll at least be able to see the opponent's RDE coming at him unimpeded because of our lack of a LT.

Comment

• Raptor
                            • Jan 2009

because what makes him so good in college is whats going to land him on the IR week after week in the NFL. He is not going to be able to run like he did in college and the book on stopping him is to make him throw the ball. Let me say that again, the way to stop the Florida QB is to MAKE HIM THROW. Yea I dont see that working out in the NFL

Comment

• Mahdi
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by elltrain22
                              I don't think noodle arm is the right description. Tebow has arm strength, he just has a slow delivery and questionable mechanics.

He has an arm you can work with for a couple years and teach him an NFL offense but you cannot put him in day one and expect him to produce.

Tebow can be a project like David Garrard who Jax brought along slowly till he was ready.

Comment

Working...
                              X