PDA

View Full Version : Shootout

mchurchfie
01-22-2010, 02:43 AM
Why in the **** do they have Pommenville (spelling) in the shootout so early??? He only has one shot, top shelf right corner..WTF??? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. Vanek, Connelly, and Roy need to start practicing their shootout shots. They have the most potential to make a play so they need to man up and start earning their money. They said Vanek doesn't like shootouts. Too ****ing bad, you have the most potential of anyone on the roster, you are getting paid like a superstar, time to start manning up and earning your money BEEOTCH. Lindy needs to quit catoring to these pussies and demanding more of them.:cynic:

Crisis
01-22-2010, 02:50 AM
they need to just remove the shootout.

JD
01-22-2010, 03:13 AM
Cheers to that. It ****s up the record books..but it does make things interesting in the end of the year.

RockStar36
01-22-2010, 06:18 AM
I want to put my foot through the TV everytime I see Pominville line up in the shootout. I like the guy, but I HATE him in the shootout. He does that same lame ass wrist shot everytime right at the goalie. I'm sick of it.

chernobylwraiths
01-22-2010, 06:35 AM
Against Colorodo, he completely missed the net. So he doesn't ALWAYS hit the goalie in the shootout.

SabreEleven
01-22-2010, 06:47 AM
I miss Kotalik.

Ebenezer
01-22-2010, 06:48 AM
I miss Kotalik.
nobody did when I mentioned his value last year...

Ebenezer
01-22-2010, 06:51 AM
made the team look so good when they won the Prez trophy and bit them last year...in theory a team could push every game into OT and go 20-20-42 and make the playoffs. Absurd example but my goal every night would be to just push the game into OT, get my point and roll the dice that I was going to win a little bit more than half of my games.

SabreEleven
01-22-2010, 06:53 AM
Actually I'm was being sarcastic, I hate Kotalik. He should sit on the end of the bench every game and just come out if there is a shootout.

Miller isn't owning shooters like he used to you.

Ebenezer
01-22-2010, 06:55 AM
Actually I'm was being sarcastic, I hate Kotalik. He should sit on the end of the bench every game and just come out if there is a shootout.

Miller isn't owning shooters like he used to you.
goalies get books on shooters and shooters get books on goalies...it's such a stupid artificial system to end hockey games. the fad has worn off. every time a team wins a game we all love the point but every time a team loses we see the stupidity in it. a game should be decided by the 12th guy on your bench who has never taken a penalty shot before and happens to get lucky because the goalie has a momentary brain fart or "guesses wrong". dumb.

RockStar36
01-22-2010, 07:37 AM
Nobody should miss Kotalik. His specialty in the shootout isn't worth a roster spot and the NYR are stupid for paying him so much money for three years. Plus goalies do eventually figure out these guys.

Kotalik is 1/4 this year in the shootout.

Vanek is also 1/4. Myers, Pominville, Stafford, and Hecht are all better this year.

rbochan
01-22-2010, 08:15 AM
Fortunately, there's no shootouts in real hockey.

Typ0
01-24-2010, 12:21 AM
I totally agree with the people who think the shootout sucks. It is exciting and all but to decide points it's really dumb. It's not like the game at all and overall it's taken something from the NHL. I hope they decide to get rid of it but doubt they will.

Novacane
01-24-2010, 06:48 AM
If you don't like shootouts what options other than the game ends in a tie are there? Play till someone wins? That is not going to happen. What is the negative of a shootout? Teams still get thier point if they lose. I'm for keeping it. Some nights it's the only entertaining part of the game.

Typ0
01-24-2010, 07:10 AM
Do away with the loser points all together. Make teams play for two points or nothing. Have a 5 minute OT then end it. Teams would be playing for their points not playing to protect a point. They would always be trying to score instead of shutting down in the last five minutes of a game to make sure they get a point. The point preservation alone in the current system makes what should be the most exciting part of the game lame in many cases. I've always thought it quite odd how you can rise in the standings in hockey by losing.

chernobylwraiths
01-25-2010, 06:33 AM
I'd rather have the 5 minute overtime end in a tie. I think the shootout is fun and all, but it is ruining the game. Having a game come down to a skills competition is ridiculous.